Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No and oh well, cross off another one, but glad we can assist players getting what they desire , without coming across.
Again it is very tough for us currently to attract talent.
View attachment 1971799
Ah well, Sam Frost it is.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The QnA was awesome.

I was surprised they had questions about mick mguanes article and asked the 2 to respond to it. Didn't shy away from anything.

They also didn't talk rubbish about sick of this do this etc.

Stuck firm to the process and they are working hard but it'll take time. This really is the start of the rebuild and the noble years were wasted. They know this.

Further - clarko said we. Alot. He is in it. Shut that clarko thread down please.

After watching that it does sound like we are just at the start of yet another rebuild, which is a bitter pill to swallow but we have no choice really. Surely two men involved in multiple premierships might know a little more than any of us here. If we are indeed at the start, the way forward may not include Zurrharr and LDU. Hope I am wrong on the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the noble years
The Noble Rot
9780393326949.IN.0.m.jpg

We are starting again . Said it many times we keep changing things at the top every couple of yrs we start again each time. Administrations , coaches and players do come and go but supporters are here for life so it’s bloody annoying for us. We have to keep the faith otherwise we will start again and ostracise yet another young group coming through and we know how that will turn out. We have used 2 untried senior coaches neither worked out this time we have an experienced one but at least he has been there before . Sure there is never any guarantees but we have to see it through for Big Als tenure imo.

Liked his response on leadership questions. All of that really matters is what happens on the field, no one cares if you are a nice bloke or not if you can't play. And on that front he made it pretty clear our leaders have let us down.

After watching that it does sound like we are just at the start of yet another rebuild, which is a bitter pill to swallow but we have no choice really. Surely two men involved in multiple premierships might know a little more than any of us here. If we are indeed at the start, the way forward may not include Zurrharr and LDU. Hope I am wrong on the latter.
This is our third rebuild in seven years, so we should be getting pretty good at it by now...

Listening to the q and a thought it was very good. I mentioned it to my mate a while back and Todd made the poignant point too we need to act now re high picks due to the new team coming in, and as difficult as it is we are.

Been thinking about this alot, and the one thing that's held us back is capital by trading out senior players for more picks.

Before mckay, none of our players have been worth it.

Think of any other building team and generally they trade out senior guns and bring in senior journeyman to compensate for exp/leadership with draft capital.

Unfortunately mckay, zurhaar and LDU might be our 3.

I do see it as an opportunity more then then a negative though - those 3 are all cream on top. None show strong leadership, none work hard. LDU has been my favourite player. But he ain't captain for a reason, Despite talent and playing wise being the stand out at the time jy and Luke were appointed in that regards

So my take from that is:

Everything is going as to be expected.

Viney has seen improvement which suggests we’re doing things top 4 teams do.

Lmac and Jy haven’t had the starts they may like but they’re training hard and constantly working to get better?

But it’s fine as it’s all as to be expected?

Seems like a PR to tell the masses to stay calm. Look we don’t give a shit about the 22 and younger developing - we want to see the senior players develop

Remove this Banner Ad

Back