No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Given that goal review is here to stay I think it makes sense that when a ball hits the post but is still through the goal then it should be a goal. Seem to be so many goal reviews for posters and the whole review process just looks so amateur and takes away from the continuity of the game. Maybe even get rid of the touched behind. If its through the goal, its through. A goal. Would virtually eliminate goal review. I think the AFL should be thinking a bit out of the box rather than trying to always cater for long held rules which might well be redundant.

Just when you thought Channel 7 commentary couldn’t get worse one of them just said ‘rizz’ - honestly if one of these dickheads starts talking about what star sign a player is I’m switching off.

Given that goal review is here to stay I think it makes sense that when a ball hits the post but is still through the goal then it should be a goal. Seem to be so many goal reviews for posters and the whole review process just looks so amateur and takes away from the continuity of the game. Maybe even get rid of the touched behind. If its through the goal, its through. A goal. Would virtually eliminate goal review. I think the AFL should be thinking a bit out of the box rather than trying to always cater for long held rules which might well be redundant.
What next, touched marks paid?

3.11 nearing third quarter in perfect conditions, lol. More scoring shots than the crows and they're down 5 goals.

Charlie Dixon is about the most frustrating player in the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone get the feeling that after this round the AFL are going to drop their gendered-violence stuff?

I can't say i have much trust/belief that the AFL will do anything meaningful that could impact it as an issue- especially whilst our media and their broadcasters are so full of boys club tripe.

Thankfully Bartel spoke out about Thomas - being that he’s had a personal history with this via his mum I’m glad he did as it seems to be shining a spotlight on the AFL hypocrisy. These minutes silence are honestly meaningless until the AFL confirms Thomas is not draft eligible this year. Also the Scott brothers both playing footsies with Thomas can go sit in the dressing rooms while the minutes silence happens because they are hypocritical pieces of shit if they go out there for it.

Thankfully Bartel spoke out about Thomas - being that he’s had a personal history with this via his mum I’m glad he did as it seems to be shining a spotlight on the AFL hypocrisy. These minutes silence are honestly meaningless until the AFL confirms Thomas is not draft eligible this year. Also the Scott brothers both playing footsies with Thomas can go sit in the dressing rooms while the minutes silence happens because they are hypocritical pieces of s**t if they go out there for it.
Couldn't agree more, Ned.

Outright disgraceful that they thought asking for forgiveness for him was appropriate ever let alone this week.

Football has a dirty enough history with gendered and sexual violence without seeking to bring more of them into the fold again.

Holding the ball interpretation seems to run in six week interpretations right? Every six weeks a group get together in a cave somewhere and decide how they're going to **** with the football fans for the next six week period?

It must suck to be an umpire. Jeeze if sucks to be a fan in this day and age.

Couldn't agree more, Ned.

Outright disgraceful that they thought asking for forgiveness for him was appropriate ever let alone this week.

Football has a dirty enough history with gendered and sexual violence without seeking to bring more of them into the fold again.

As I mentioned a page or so back - in this week of all weeks, when he’s had his own players attend a funeral for a victim of this, Brad Scott still thought it was okay to play the ‘good bloke’ card to go into bat for Thomas. It’s like an episode of Frontline, but at least it was funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back