Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a 6-day hamstring.

Ken relentlessly babbles that he’s been in footy a long time.

He should’ve known better.
Ken has played one game 250+ times.

Has never learnt a thing and doesn't want to.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Players have no medical training at all. How would Rozee know how to manage a hamstring with as per Ken “Because it was very little damage on the scan last time" regardless of how he is feeling. We don't let players post ACL surgery run a week post surgery cos they feel good brah. Just cos.
You just know Ken had the image upside down on the view box.

He wouldn't be able to work out how to log on to view the online version.

Yes, but this is coming from a guy who said that he realised he got it wrong last year in playing players that weren't ready to go (ala Lycett who should have went for surgery as soon as he wasn't right to go in the Carlton game). He rested Dixon against Collingwood even when we were missing Finlayson and Lord because he knew that Dixon only has a certain number of games in him. We rested Wines for a week as soon as he reported hamstring tightness. We sent Soldo in for surgery as soon as he reported soreness in his knee. Are those the actions of someone who hasn't learned his lesson in playing injured players?

And while Rozee is important to the side, he's not that important that taking a risk and it paying off was going to be the difference between winning and losing...but taking a risk and it not paying off was definitely going to help us lose.

Of course, then you look at the performance of the Magpies team and you think - 'Who the * do we have to replace him?' Finlayson was obviously never going to be considered when Hinkley tells a lie and says that he needs to get games into him when Powell-Pepper came straight back into the side after a four week suspension (that rubbish hindsight justification for not selecting Finlayson from Hinkley really pissed me off).

I mean, in hindsight what we could have done is played Lorenz on the wing and shifted Bergman into the midfield to replace Rozee.
Out rozee in Mead , mcntee or clurey sub

Sorry to intrude, but from an opposition supporters point of view that’s correct.

Ken doesn’t actually coach, he either just sits on the bench watching or stands and watches like he’s waiting for a bloody bus

There was a shot of him while his team was five goals down just chatting to someone behind him. 5.18 and he’s joking around.

Hes paid to sit on his backside and not do his job….

I dunno why Kane finds him so charming and needs to protect him.

Surely if neutral opposition supporters are getting fed up, surely the board will see it (but they won’t)
That's our forward coach Chad he is chatting to.

In their defence our entries were pretty comical.

Ken has played one game 250+ times.

Has never learnt a think and doesn't want to.

What if Connor develops a chronic hamstring issue now?

What if he never runs at top speed ever again by default because he’s psychologically locked into that as a preventative measure?

• Connection!
• Care!
• Loves his players!

He couldn’t give a f#%k.

Yes, but this is coming from a guy who said that he realised he got it wrong last year in playing players that weren't ready to go (ala Lycett who should have went for surgery as soon as he wasn't right to go in the Carlton game). He rested Dixon against Collingwood even when we were missing Finlayson and Lord because he knew that Dixon only has a certain number of games in him. We rested Wines for a week as soon as he reported hamstring tightness. We sent Soldo in for surgery as soon as he reported soreness in his knee. Are those the actions of someone who hasn't learned his lesson in playing injured players?

And while Rozee is important to the side, he's not that important that taking a risk and it paying off was going to be the difference between winning and losing...but taking a risk and it not paying off was definitely going to help us lose.

Of course, then you look at the performance of the Magpies team and you think - 'Who the * do we have to replace him?' Finlayson was obviously never going to be considered when Hinkley tells a lie and says that he needs to get games into him when Powell-Pepper came straight back into the side after a four week suspension (that rubbish hindsight justification for not selecting Finlayson from Hinkley really pissed me off).

I mean, in hindsight what we could have done is played Lorenz on the wing and shifted Bergman into the midfield to replace Rozee.

Or just play Mead in the middle and pick a different sub.

It's not ideal to have your captain out, but a club with some belief in what it's doing would back itself to beat a pedestrian Crows side. We lack belief, as a club.

What if Connor develops a chronic hamstring issue now?

What if he never runs at top speed ever again by default because he’s psychologically locked into that as a preventative measure?

• Connection!
• Care!
• Loves his players!

He couldn’t give a f#%k.
Well this is the bloke what ran poor Butters into the ground last year ... why wpuld he treat Rozee any better ... he thinks he can just put them down when they can't run anymore

Well this is the bloke what ran poor Butters into the ground last year ... why wpuld he treat Rozee any better ... he thinks he can just put them down when they can't run anymore

He literally watched Aliir and Jones crack their scones together and lie prone for an uncomfortable length of time mere metres away before being like, “I BELIEVE YOU, DOC! SEND’EM BACK OUT!”

If our Facebook Fans were raptured tomorrow I’d happily stay here and enjoy non-consensual buttstuff with our new demonic overlords as a begrudging trade-off for never having to read any pro-Ken sycophancy ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he resigned now and opted for a farewell game, he’d much rather bow out in front of Geelong’s home crowd next week than ours at Adelaide Oval.
Spot on! I have a mate who has been associated with Geelong for years, and he will defend Hinkley to the death. He lists all his glowing qualities, none of which are at all evident to Port fans. Kenny could do a lap of Kardinia in a Holden ute and the Cats fans would give him a standing 'O'. Then again, they've always been deluded. Neil Balme is a footy legend, but he has a lot to answer for in bringing success back to Geelong.

If he resigned now and opted for a farewell game, he’d much rather bow out in front of Geelong’s home crowd next week than ours at Adelaide Oval.
If he has his farewell game at AO, we should turn up in huge numbers and just sit in silence with our arms folded as he does his final lap.

Spot on! I have a mate who has been associated with Geelong for years, and he will defend Hinkley to the death. He lists all his glowing qualities, none of which are at all evident to Port fans. Kenny could do a lap of Kardinia in a Holden ute and the Cats fans would give him a standing 'O'. Then again, they've always been deluded. Neil Balme is a footy legend, but he has a lot to answer for in bringing success back to Geelong.

Ford ute, please

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

*No I don't really think so but a man can dream

Dwayne Marshall still going in to bat for Kenny lol

" Ken can't kick it for Boak or Mcantee at the end of the game "

🤣
Whilst this is in essence true, if Ken wasn't responsible for Hinkley ball, requiring 'forwards' to exhaust themselves so that they can't even think straight, let alone kick straight, they might be better kickers.

Just a thought. Doesn't excuse misses in the first minutes of the match though.

Ultimately the AFL wants us to be middling, and we are. The media just runs with the narrative. A good coach might threaten the status quo.

"If it doesn't work"

The concern here is their bar for what does and doesn't work is in the Mariana Trench.

Unfortunately it's only my benchmark, but the 2 games I had circled in red early in the season to show we are serious were Collingwood and the crows. They were my non-negotiables and we had our pants pulled down in both of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back