List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

We had the pick of only one draft whereas GWS got the best of two drafts

GWS had all their facilities ready to rock and roll from day dot whereas we only got ours at the start of this season.

GWS got Sheeds and Choco Williams we got the relic McKenna from the West Coast days of Cousins, Gardner, Chick, Mainwaring and Kerr where it's all good to enable a party culture and drug use so long as you are winning.

No way were we given an equal fair shake at it.

And I'm talking a bigger picture too, the Lions have been picked off the last few years the first sign of difficulty.

AFL needs to get serious about what they want to achieve up here.

I'm aware of our differences between the two clubs, they had 2 goes at it because they were the last club in also had the mini drafts

We had our pick of anyone we wanted running our clubs and that's who we chose.

I'm interested in seeing how easy it is getting the best of the best up here to run the club. That's where we need to start from, Evans is the best pick up we've had in our existence.

Not sure this is the thread for this boys.
But I agree with Bods to a certain extent. Whilst he is a little over the top with his opinions he's pretty close to the issue.

The AFL approved the GC admin and oversaw it's foundations, they may have taken their eye of the ball a little early to keep an eye on younger brother Gws and because of this they missed the culture, admin and performance issues that started to arise. The club went into free fall with no authority monitoring them. This is the fault of the AFL you don't leave an infant UN monitored they'll kill themselves.

The fix is an iron clad grip on the club from the afl. From the board down to the players. Once the right people are in place up top the rest should follow if monitored correctly.

Mr Bods may have gone overboard with all these specifics but essentially he is right and anyone is open to a change if money is involved just a question of how much? The afl has heaps of moolah and should be using it.

For now we have a start. EVANS Is involved pulling the strings and it may take up to 3 offseasons for him to get the right people here. We just have to be patient, show our support to the club and players. Hopefully the Afl can invest to speed that process up.

Yeah it's not the right spot, the conversation with Scotty and I evolved from my originally talking about "homesickness" trades and Richmond circling Brisbanes Schache which I just find sort of sickening.

And I can't stand Brisbane

Yeah it's not the right spot, the conversation with Scotty and I evolved from my originally talking about "homesickness" trades and Richmond circling Brisbanes Schache which I just find sort of sickening.

And I can't stand Brisbane
Yeah but what can be done?
Should cola be introduced back to the qld sides only? I think that just opens another can of worms.

I answered earlier Scotty...
I said it's about strengthening the Footy Dept resources and reviewing the Trade Rules they are too player favoured
You're talking at afl level, I'm more realistic and talking club level. The footy department is getting a full overhaul already. You're talking play retention which I don't think you can solve as easily

You're talking at afl level, I'm more realistic and talking club level. The footy department is getting a full overhaul already. You're talking play retention which I don't think you can solve as easily

My gut instinct is that "homesickness" is 90% lies so short of a terminally ill direct member of the family, the answer is "NO".

Give them the incentive though that if we finish Top 4 after the regular season then we won't stand in their way.

I actually have said this in the last few days somewhere in here.

The Club is soft, be brutal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purely hypothetical thought here. What would you guys expect for Jack Martin? Pick 7 or 8 enough or untouchable providing he doesn't want to leave?

Purely hypothetical thought here. What would you guys expect for Jack Martin? Pick 7 or 8 enough or untouchable providing he doesn't want to leave?

Hey mate
I tbh I Jack is entrenched on the Gold Coast, I can't see him wanting out or is letting him go as he is one of our best players and we pid an absolute premium for him and he is just starting to hit his straps as a player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You just get this sick feeling in your stomach that Brisbane will steal him at pick 1. Such is the story of our existence. Dow will be a player anyway.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back