List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

This has descended into farce already. I still don’t believe the #2 element of it.

If they do want to play it that way then lets get Weller after he finishes his contract next year and that way they can miss out on Wilson too as they probably need a 3 way deal to make it happen.

Keep in mind next year is basically a development year.
Weller is still young plus getting him acquainted with the rest of the players for an extra year would be helpful.

Oh yeah of course Myles but don’t go paying $900k for a $750k house just because your wife is in love with it.

Just wait for the right price and win.
That's true, just in my opinion with the amount of picks we have might as well try our best to get someone in who wants to be here.

Last edited:

I am sure we will be after more than #21 and Matera ( who is rated as a 3rd )

Personally if we get Wilson + Matera + a pick in the second round this year I'll be stoked, probably a late pick going back to you. Importantly we keep our second rounder next year :thumbsu:

I don't want to involve GWS as we have nothing but trouble with them, fairly sure we have a good rapport with you guys re: Bennell and Barlow

I don't see the point of keeping a player who wants to go home, and this year is where we get maximum compo.
Agree that there is a good trading rapport between the 2 clubs and I find the pick 2 talk to be just that...talk

Likely to be Matera (agree worth an early third rounder) one of our early 2nds rounders and they may haggle over some steak knifes. It’s also in Freos interest to be gracious as the traffic is likely to be more to the West than our way with players wanting to go home in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep in mind next year is basically a development year.
please can everyone stop saying this?

if we genuinely want a culture shift it includes us as fans as well. everyone - literally everyone - needs to be pulling in the same direction to win a flag.

let's use Dew's appointment as catalyst for true change.

there's absolutely no reason we won't be competitive next year. we'll surprise a few.

OB11 and Scotty_222 what’s going to happen with the Weller trade in your opinion?
I’m thinking this if Geelong part with that pick.. this would be fair.

Matera + the Ablett pick 19

Knowing us though we will give 2 for Weller and 5 lol.

Hopefully it’s the first one but, seems to be the best trade for both parties

Can’t wait for the day where we stop sticking up for each other and we hate each other’s guts. I’m hoping in maybe 2-3 years that will be the case.
There was a good vicious patch about 14-15 I think where Maysie smashed Martin and Rockliff, couple have been close games also. So I think the games have usually been decent

please can everyone stop saying this?

if we genuinely want a culture shift it includes us as fans as well. everyone - literally everyone - needs to be pulling in the same direction to win a flag.

let's use Dew's appointment as catalyst for true change.

there's absolutely no reason we won't be competitive next year. we'll surprise a few.

I’m probably the only one saying it DWD.

Nah, I wanted that thread gone because I’m superstitious and I feel once you open the discussion it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Fyfe, Bonts and Martin to the Suns then? Self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back