2017/18 Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Merv Hughes to Viv Richards "How's your wife and my children?" Viv Richards reply to Merv Hughes "the wife's fine but the children are slow learners"

Ramnaresh Sarwan crafting a beautiful innings gets asked by Glenn McGrath "what's Brian Lara's knob taste like?" Sarwan replies, "why don't you ask your wife" Classic!

And then McGrath went apeshit because his wife was dying of cancer at the time.

Ramnaresh Sarwan crafting a beautiful innings gets asked by Glenn McGrath "what's Brian Lara's knob taste like?" Sarwan replies, "why don't you ask your wife" Classic!
The Eddo Brandes one was better. "Why are you so fat?"...."Because every time I ****ed your wife she fed me a biscuit"

Good game in Alice Springs today. Scorchers are so good at setting the right tempo in most games. Great game by Ashton Agar with both bat and ball.

Amazing effort! They really are terribly depleted but still find a way to win. Not surprisingly the national media aren't mentioning anything about the state of their squad.

Amazing effort! They really are terribly depleted but still find a way to win. Not surprisingly the national media aren't mentioning anything about the state of their squad.
Absolute bullshit CA didn’t release Shaun Marsh to the Scorchers.

Absolute bullshit CA didn’t release Shaun Marsh to the Scorchers.
think he has some minor quad injury, and knowing Shaun Marsh, any injury should be treated cautiously

I don't want to sound hyperbolic, but that spell from Agar was probably the greatest spell in the history of cricket.
MJ’s spell in the semi final last year > All

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Turner.

Wouldn’t put it past the selectors to pop the question to Mitchell Johnson and see what he says tbh. About 99% sure he has no interest in playing for Australia anymore and it probably won’t go public if he turned them down but still could see it happening.

Watch the selectors take him away for the international T20 games no one cares about just before the finals.
I read some really arrogant comments from James Sutherland the other day. I can't find the interview but he was hey very dismissive of the Big Bash in terms of saying it has no bearing on if they want to take players for training camps for upcoming Australian duties etc.
Said something along the lines of playing for Australia takes precedence and Test Cricket has precedence over everything.
This is indisputable in terms of the hierarchy of the game in Australia but I felt he could have been at least a bit sympathetic.
The Big Bash been one of the great success stories in Australian sport of recent times and personally I find it far more entertaining than international cricket now. To just take the best players from teams at the pointy end, surely they could try to be a little more sensitive with scheduling.
Its not like the revenue from this tournament would be insignificant not to mention the shot in the arm its given the game with the public and the next generation.

Personally, I was happy with my performance watching the scorchers....
12 mid strength ‘Alby’s’ , 3 rum pints.
Feel bloody good, my over rate was solid.

Good pre season on the Alby’s before the stadium opening...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back