Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
scoreless quarters this year:
Port 2
GC 2
Adelaide 1

That's it. (one of GC's was against us). Ours both in last 3 weeks.
Some teams have one scoreless quarter in the last decade.

Port 2
GC 2
Adelaide 1

So Carlton (with only 1 win) the “19th best team in the competition” has been scoreless less times than we have and actually held us scoreless for a quarter.

Something is very wrong.

So Carlton (with only 1 win) the “19th best team in the competition” has been scoreless less times than we have and actually held us scoreless for a quarter.

Something is very wrong.

Carlton have only had 4 of them in the last 15 years. That shows you how hard they are to do, and we've done it twice against crap in 3 weeks.

Port 2
GC 2
Adelaide 1

Bassett coached in a game where both teams had a scoreless qtr. Nwd v the eagles at the parade..
He must go

Also the fact is if Hawthorn hadn't had 75 50m penalties against us, if Ryder hadn't got injured on the weekend, and if we hadn't had to endure what is still the worst umpired game this season against the Eagles, we could be 14-2.

Goes both ways.
No, because we would still need to find a way to kick a winning score in those games.

If we got a fair run with umpires/injury all that would have happened is more intercept marks for Sicily and McGovern. We don't know how to get it past that defensive wall.

Dom Barry dropping off has hurt. His speed was revelatory early on. Is he anywhere near it these days? I just assume he'll be at the Jarrad Irons-Adam Cockshell-Wade Thompson-Scott Harding-Brett Eddy past preseason bolters table.

Was one of the few who was OK on the weekend for the Magpies. He's miles better than the spud we promoted to play the same position last weekend. I'd happily give him a game in Amon's spot against the Giants.

No, because we would still need to find a way to kick a winning score in those games.

If we got a fair run with umpires/injury all that would have happened is more intercept marks for Sicily and McGovern. We don't know how to get it past that defensive wall.

We lost to Hawthorn and Fremantle by a combined total of 14 points.

Look I'm not trying to cover up the cracks here, we have been awful at times this season and yesterday looked a long way off the pace, but the reality is that we are about where we deserve to be. Above average in an utterly s**t competition. A bit of bad luck and we are lower, a bit of good luck and we are higher.

I'll be honest, I feel a little bit uncomfortable when I read your personal opinions on some of the people at the Club. This is purely because of your close ties. Most of us here are just supporters and members and don't have a close working relationship with anyone personally. Sometimes I wonder if some of this stuff would be better said behind closed doors?
And I’ll be honest, too ... I couldn’t give a flying fig if you and those who liked your post ‘feel uncomfortable’ when I post a personal opinion about the Club which if ‘said behind closed doors’ would be ignored or rejected and surely resented.
What am I supposed to do? I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. BigFooty has prior claim on my spare time and my goodwill. This section of my life started on BigFooty. The Club only picked up on it and made contact with me, not the other way around.
Since then BF has remained a constant in my life’s leisure activities while the Club, having promised so much during what has turned out to be only a honeymoon period, has now gone downhill ... both off-field and on-field, which are interlinked as far as I am concerned. Yesterday was the limit, both in the SANFL and the AFL on the same day, as if an epidemic of airborne poison no-hoper virus swept through postcode 5015.

Yesterday was the limit.

This club - in my personal opinion, and uncomfortability be damned - no longer has the necessary brains, vision, guts, character, judgement, humility or skill to be as successful as I thought it would be by now ... as I intended it should be by now.

Not sure if it makes you feel less uncomfortable, but take note that I no longer have ‘close ties’ to the Port Adelaide Football Club ... so there is zero fear of me leaking any sensitive information that I might come into contact with. I have grown too tired of all the dodging and ducking that has been going on since around the time the very precious and immensely saleable real estate called ‘Joint Major Sponsor’ was allowed, despite advice, to disappear into the swamp, remaining unlocated to this day.

Let me spell out an uncomfortable fact, born of the same malaise that condemned ‘Joint Major Sponsor’ to a premature death. Port Adelaide will never win another premiership whilst we have Hinkley as our outdated senior coach figurehead itinerant sugar daddy propped up by an extensive gang of overpaid techno-excessed assistants, an over-funded oversized football department, and a four-year security blanket that has been timidly conceded to him under circumstances of pressure that a successful football club would have had under control.

As i said, its a mixture. We still have the same players letting us down as we did 2-3 years ago. Has Dixon ever stood up when it mattered? The king of junk time? Has Ebert ever willed us back into a contest? Sam Gray? Polec? And yes Amon as well.

On a different note, i didnt mind Rocky starting at FF. We were down to 1 rotation. We had to try something and hes a well known performer up forward
I liked the part where you left Boak off the hook.

Not sure if it makes you feel less uncomfortable, but take note that I no longer have ‘close ties’ to the Port Adelaide Football Club ... so there is zero fear of me leaking any sensitive information that I might come into contact with. I have grown too tired of all the dodging and ducking that has been going on since around the time the very precious and immensely saleable real estate called ‘Joint Major Sponsor’ was allowed, despite advice, to disappear into the swamp, remaining unlocated to this day.

Let me spell out an uncomfortable fact, born of the same malaise that condemned ‘Joint Major Sponsor’ to a premature death. Port Adelaide will never win another premiership whilst we have Hinkley as our outdated senior coach figurehead itinerant sugar daddy propped up by an extensive gang of overpaid techno-excessed assistants, an over-funded oversized football department, and a four-year security blanket that has been timidly conceded to him under circumstances of pressure that a successful football club would have had under control.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

And I’ll be honest, too ... I couldn’t give a flying fig if you and those who liked your post ‘feel uncomfortable’ when I post a personal opinion about the Club which if ‘said behind closed doors’ would be ignored or rejected and surely resented.
What am I supposed to do? I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. BigFooty has prior claim on my spare time and my goodwill. This section of my life started on BigFooty. The Club only picked up on it and made contact with me, not the other way around.
Since then BF has remained a constant in my life’s leisure activities while the Club, having promised so much during what has turned out to be only a honeymoon period, has now gone downhill ... both off-field and on-field, which are interlinked as far as I am concerned. Yesterday was the limit, both in the SANFL and the AFL on the same day, as if an epidemic of airborne poison no-hoper virus swept through postcode 5015.

Yesterday was the limit.

This club - in my personal opinion, and uncomfortability be damned - no longer has the necessary brains, vision, guts, character, judgement, humility or skill to be as successful as I thought it would be by now ... as I intended it should be by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Boak has never stood up when it matters?

Interesting

These days he's more likely to spray an easy shot out on the full, sapping the team's morale. Or in last week's case, not make the distance from 45.

Let's not even get into those turnovers where he kicks directly to an opposition player or misses a target by 20m.

For a guy who used to have good foot skills, he's gone massively downhill since about 2016

AFL stats info makes for interesting reading. Stats which relate to skills and goal scoring basically say goodnight Port, train hard over summer. Surprisingly Collingwood feature well in lots of stats as did the Hawks.

AFL stats info makes for interesting reading. Stats which relate to skills and goal scoring basically say goodnight Port, train hard over summer. Surprisingly Collingwood feature well in lots of stats as did the Hawks.

Our I50 counts are starting to be a cause for concern. Since the bye we’ve languished in the high 30s for 3/7 games (Hawthorn, Melbourne and Fremantle). Weirdly though the other 4 games were all mid-60s, so feast or famine for us at the moment.

I know the outright number isn’t the be-all but generally speaking it’s hard to kick a winning score when you struggle to get it down your end.

Was one of the few who was OK on the weekend for the Magpies. He's miles better than the spud we promoted to play the same position last weekend. I'd happily give him a game in Amon's spot against the Giants.
Carn, Amon isn’t a spud. Harsh words my dude.

He will never play for us again, but he is probably at least afl quality.

I just can’t believe we dropped Trengove going into that game... he would have been great for how congested it was...

Carn, Amon isn’t a spud. Harsh words my dude.

He will never play for us again, but he is probably at least afl quality.

I just can’t believe we dropped Trengove going into that game... he would have been great for how congested it was...

I mean, by the standards of the general population, he's very good at football. He's certainly much better at football than you or I are. But by the standards of AFL footballers, he is absolutely a spud, and he should never play AFL for us again. But I bet he does next week.

I probs would have been less angry at Amon if he kicked it to a contest that gave us no guarantee of winning possession rather than kicking it out of bounds and making it a 100% chance Freo get the ball back.

Our I50 counts are starting to be a cause for concern. Since the bye we’ve languished in the high 30s for 3/7 games (Hawthorn, Melbourne and Fremantle). Weirdly though the other 4 games were all mid-60s, so feast or famine for us at the moment.

I know the outright number isn’t the be-all but generally speaking it’s hard to kick a winning score when you struggle to get it down your end.
I didn’t see much of the second half, but the second quarter didn’t bother me too much. Had we taken one of the very few chances we has or had Fremantle actually converted an opportunity then I felt like the game may have opened up for us a little.

Looked like we threw the game away in the last quarter though, probably due to fatigue?

People really need to stop underrating our opposition all the time. We had a lot going against us in that game, but with one or two more goals converted we may have stolen the game.

I mean, by the standards of the general population, he's very good at football. He's certainly much better at football than you or I are. But by the standards of AFL footballers, he is absolutely a spud, and he should never play AFL for us again. But I bet he does next week.
Nah he’d be a “star” at Melbourne or Hawthorn or Essendon I think.

My new nickname for him is “Carn Anon” btw. Every time he kicked the ball that’s all I could say... ******* hell he was bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back