No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse Hogan done for the season with a foot injury.
Melbourne done for the season because they are mentally soft.

Huge chance they might not make finals at this rate. Eagles and Giants would dispose of them you would think if the Swans game is anything to go by.

Oh look I get the style the show was trying to put out there - but I think he was relishing the anti-Hawthorn role. And look I don't think we quite have Richmond's measure yet either - that said I would bloody love to have a crack at them in week 1 of the finals because it would be a great gauge of where we truly are at.

Just the Shiels comment made me laugh. He hasn't been a tagger first and midfielder second for quite some time. He still gets run with assignments from time to time and is definitely more defensively minded - but the 'well he's just a tagger' line made me feel he's talking out of his arse a bit.

It almost boiled down to 'whose midfield is better' and I think Nick Bowen underrates ours a lot, including Cegs. Mind you I prefer to be underrated and fly under the radar. Like you I think the Tiges are a bit too strong, though an injury or two can change the equation.

Huge chance they might not make finals at this rate. Eagles and Giants would dispose of them you would think if the Swans game is anything to go by.
Yep reckon they are cooked. They just gotta hope that Port or less likely Geelong drop both games and good % will get them 8th

The Cats board is feasting on the AFL article about the 2 calls that didnt go their way......
Totally convinced they were robbed.

I didnt see any balanced discussion about non-calls that went their way

Nah........to self entitled to see past their own kitty litter.
considering how much we have been getting reemed since the Clarko "coffee"... EAD

then consider they own one of the highest free kick drawing cheats in the game ... icing on the cake

Talking footy fact: we have gone from 15th in 2017 to 4th best clearance team in 2018 :thumbsu:

I don’t think this is correct, not over whole the season. Were they talking between particular rounds?

We are 7th in center clearances and 12th in stoppage clearances. Overall we are 13th for clearances in 2018.

Interesting snapshots. The most likely finalists have the wood on us in recent times. All of the mid fields have their strengths.

upload_2018-8-14_15-26-39.png

upload_2018-8-14_15-28-30.png

I don’t think this is correct, not over whole the season. Were they talking between particular rounds?

We are 7th in center clearances and 12th in stoppage clearances. Overall we are 13th for clearances in 2018.

It was a stat Matthew Lloyd came up with, i just assumed him being a former Essenscum player he wouldnt praise us for no reason.

i looked up clearances and we are 13th in the competition, well idk why Matthew Lloyd praised us on National TV, but i'll take it, better than us being potted by the footy media, gives our mids more confidence heading into the finals...

P.S. it was good to see them mock Kane Cornes for his negative comments on the JOM trade, he was still insistent we wait a few more years, but his claim that the JOM trade would be worse than the Daisy Thomas trade to Carlton was laughable, Kane Cornes makes some ridiculous claims.

Last edited:
Nick Bowen: "Liam Shiels is a tagger" said as a derisory statement. Someone hasn't watched a Hawks game for 5 years. Dickhead.

If that were a fair dinkum debate, Cleary won comfortably. His arguments were far better structured than Bowen's who appeared to be clutching at straws when he knew he had his facts wrong.

Conclusion, we can, but we need a lot to go our way. If GWS start getting some players back they will be hard to beat.

Last edited:
It almost boiled down to 'whose midfield is better' and I think Nick Bowen underrates ours a lot, including Cegs. Mind you I prefer to be underrated and fly under the radar. Like you I think the Tiges are a bit too strong, though an injury or two can change the equation.

when he said "Cegs who?" or he said "Cegs?" as if he had never heard his name, that was the moment he lost a few points imo...

They need to watch the first 10 minutes of "On The Couch" where they actually praised Hawthorn (made a nice change) and said Hawthorn were clearly the better side on the day, and that several Geelong players were downright lazy ....... Ablett was one they were talking about.

Anyway, who cares what geelong people think? They're mental short people.

There is definitely a prejudice towards geelong that favours them whether its accidental or umpire eye sight or colour discrepancy on the field , I don't think so, but our game just done, Dangerfield stats 5 frees for, Abblett 3 frees for, if you look at that, and say, you know how seemingly favourites they may be to some umpires you could take 1 free off Abblett and 3 frees off Danger, (remembering the 2016 debacle where he went off injured and umpired his way back into the game!!!) Against us.

It makes me think that even Geelong people must know that every week Danger especially gets frees at least 1 maybe 2 or 3 free kicks that are dubious and challengeable, but the whistle goes instantly and the umps handing them out are in no doubt, so they see this like, "oh it must be Dangers free" whether that's the case or not , the fact is it looks like it , not just to me, I have seen a bloke almost throw up with anger at dangermouse getting everything.

But against Geelong completely caught cold illegal disposal , caught with the ball, dropping the ball , what ever they bloody well call it now, DANGER gets away with it, this weekend gone, where was it, about 40 m out from Hawthorns goal, NO FREE KICK TO US, caught cold!

What do other fans from other clubs say when watching this Danger favouritism, which is dead set there in your face, Abblett next, and Selwood the man who made the knee drop & shoulder duck arm lift a speciality, for the umps to give him a free kick, that happens almost like he can't cure the habit. He teaches other cats to do it.
He makes Poppys occasional drop look amateurish.

Hawks and I 've said this somewhere else on BF but we were 4 goals not 2 goals better than Geelong on Saturday, and they got 2 goals by bullshit from umpires.

AND i RECKON DANGER AND GAZZA , GOT 4 FREES BETWEEN THEM THAT THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE , I DON'T MIND LOSING TO BETTER TEAMS BUT WHEN THEY GET CONTINUES HELP, BY RULE PERCEPTION AS GEELONG SEEM TO... WELL ...IS IT THE COLOUR COMBINATIONS IN SOME CLUB STRIPS,
I know it sounds a bit far fetched , but its been said to me by other people , and Geelong get the rub against lots of clubs, unlike the Eagles whose crowd give umps a push.

I just don't believe that the umpires go out there to deliberately give one side a bump up over another. But it damned well looks like it.

AND WE WON! btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

considering how much we have been getting reemed since the Clarko "coffee"... EAD

then consider they own one of the highest free kick drawing cheats in the game ... icing on the cake
I honestly don't give care what anyone thinks about Hawthorn getting a good run of free kicks, which we didn't past the first quarter. No matter what once we start playing well, it's always the umps supposedly favouring us so I'm used to it, but Geelong literally surround the ump and bitch about frees they don't get, it extends to their fans who are never happy unless they get 5 goals from frees, it's very odd, until you remember they refuse to even recognise that they have a horde of divers and head duckers, all their frees are totally legit apparently.

Meh, every fanbase has its quirks, we tend to have a lot of negative fans when things are totally fine.

There is definitely a prejudice towards geelong that favours them whether its accidental or umpire eye sight or colour discrepancy on the field , I don't think so, but our game just done, Dangerfield stats 5 frees for, Abblett 3 frees for, if you look at that, and say, you know how seemingly favourites they may be to some umpires you could take 1 free off Abblett and 3 frees off Danger, (remembering the 2016 debacle where he went off injured and umpired his way back into the game!!!) Against us.

It makes me think that even Geelong people must know that every week Danger especially gets frees at least 1 maybe 2 or 3 free kicks that are dubious and challengeable, but the whistle goes instantly and the umps handing them out are in no doubt, so they see this like, "oh it must be Dangers free" whether that's the case or not , the fact is it looks like it , not just to me, I have seen a bloke almost throw up with anger at dangermouse getting everything.

But against Geelong completely caught cold illegal disposal , caught with the ball, dropping the ball , what ever they bloody well call it now, DANGER gets away with it, this weekend gone, where was it, about 40 m out from Hawthorns goal, NO FREE KICK TO US, caught cold!

What do other fans from other clubs say when watching this Danger favouritism, which is dead set there in your face, Abblett next, and Selwood the man who made the knee drop & shoulder duck arm lift a speciality, for the umps to give him a free kick, that happens almost like he can't cure the habit. He teaches other cats to do it.

Hawks and I 've said this somewhere else on BF but we were 4 goals not 2 goals better than Geelong on Saturday, and they got 2 goals by bullshit from umpires.

AND i RECKON DANGER AND GAZZA , GOT 4 FREES BETWEEN THEM THAT THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE , I DON'T MIND LOSING TO BETTER TEAMS BUT WHEN THEY GET CONTINUES HELP, BY RULE PERCEPTION AS GEELONG SEEM TO... WELL ...IS IT THE COLOUR COMBINATIONS IN SOME CLUB STRIPS,
I know it sounds a bit far fetched , but its been said to me by other people , and Geelong get the rub against lots of clubs, unlike the Eagles whose crowd give umps a push.

I just don't believe that the umpires go out there to deliberately give one side a bump up over another. But it damned well looks like it.

AND WE WON! btw.

I'm more bemused by media attitudes rather than umpiring. I just don't understand what's in it for the media to exhibit such obvious bias towards clubs such as Geelong and Essendon, whilst at times disrespecting the Hawks.

I grew up in an era where you could rely upon the media at least attempt to camouflage any bias they may have, but these days they openly declare how much they want certain clubs to win and others to fail. I think it's disgusting.

Other things that annoy me is since people started talking up Max Gawn's chances for the Brownlow (he's got my chance of winning it), he's become ubiquitous on Fox appearing in shows, promos, etc, anything to enhance his profile. Another add that annoys me, and I just can't understand the point, is questioning players who is the GOAT. Of course, they all say Gary Ablett jr.

Fair dinkum, who gives a s**t? I'm fed up with the media trying to tell me what I should think.

Geelong literally surround the ump and bitch about frees they don't get, it extends to their fans who are never happy unless they get 5 goals from frees.

Not to mention a clown in the coaches box who whinges like a 10 year old kid every time there's a free against the cats.

I grew up in an era where you could rely upon the media at least attempt to camouflage any bias they may have, but these days they openly declare how much they want certain clubs to win and others to fail.

Yeah, it's gotten pretty shameless. Cricket has gone the same way too. I wonder if it's part of the same "monetise all your assets" snake oil that has led to the two day televised draft? Certainly someone in an expensive suit has decided that the media "is part of the entertainment package". It's practically the WWE now.

What was Gil's AFL portfolio before he took the top job again? Oh yeah.

#WillYouStop

i try not to be affected by poor umpiring decisions because some go for you, some against you, but the AFL has a habit of supporting any drama against us, whereas they ignore any wrong-doing that has happened to us, obviously some at AFL headquarters hate that our club is so successful and they want their welfare teams to have some success, what they dont understand is you cant just transplant culture like a human organ, it has to come from within.

What they don’t understand is that all this negativity and biased spin they put out against us actually makes us stronger and galvanizes our effort to rise up and succeed again and again. It adds fuel to the fire, everyone within the club would be well aware of the agenda the AFL has, just like us fans notice these slights towards us by the AFL. Lucky we have Jeff and Clarko at the helm who know how to navigate these rough waters and guide us to the promised land.

It was a stat Matthew Lloyd came up with, i just assumed him being a former Essenscum player he wouldnt praise us for no reason.
Lloyd is actually one of the few media mouthpieces that is OK with giving us praise, and seems happy to call out some of the other muppets occasionally when they're being one-eyed.

AND WE WON! btw.

IMG_4582.jpg

P.S. it was good to see them mock Kane Cornes for his negative comments on the JOM trade, he was still insistent we wait a few more years, but his claim that the JOM trade would be worse than the Daisy Thomas trade to Carlton was laughable, Kane Cornes makes some ridiculous claims.

It's a Cornes trait. They all love the sound of their own voice, and eager to present the contrary point of view without considering if it has any merit or not. Can you imagine Christmas Dinner when the entire Cornes clan get together, and the amount of rubbish they'd be talking? There'd be more than one turkey at the table, that's for certain.

A video where Ablett failed... he was cooked... clearly should not have been on the field... needed to go to the bench.

But what I liked was Shoey.... he was not highlighted in this vision but if you watch it shows he helped in the tackle that got the ball to Ceglar... Shoey then got off the deck, ran the kick down, and helped in the next stoppage ... with O’Mera out running a cooked Ablett... to kick the goal.

Great vision.

Pause it and see all players. Smith is outstanding with Shoey, O’Mera, Poppy, and ...

Love the hard runners.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl/cats-midfielders-exposed!693620

Love this

Last edited:
What they don’t understand is that all this negativity and biased spin they put out against us actually makes us stronger and galvanizes our effort to rise up and succeed again and again. It adds fuel to the fire, everyone within the club would be well aware of the agenda the AFL has, just like us fans notice these slights towards us by the AFL. Lucky we have Jeff and Clarko at the helm who know how to navigate these rough waters and guide us to the promised land.
Ridiculous. The rub of the green went Hawthorn’s way last weekend. Anyone who was not an umpire knew it was a 50m penalty against Mitchell for a shot at goal... with 2 mins left and us up by 12...
Any fuel to a fire was for us...

BOOM... Tardigraded

Last edited:
Ridiculous. The rub of the green went Hawthorn’s way last weekend. Anyone who was not an umpire knew it was a 50m penalty against Mitchell for a shot at goal... with 2 mins left and us up by 12...
Any fuel to a fire was for us...

BOOM... Tardigraded
And the two goals they got from frees that weren't actually there? they don't count or something. Rub of the green, it turns out, isn't a single incident, imagine your surprise when it turns out to be across all 4 quarters that you decide who gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back