Training Axeman’s training reports and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He is quite quick RR, and evasive but he is very slight and would get killed if got hit hard by a big guy. I reckon a year in the gym and the VFL system will do him wonders.

I think the first to debut this season will be Moore. He’ll be able to hold his own in a forward pocket and even though he’s slight too I think will be okay.

I think the first to debut this season will be Moore. He’ll be able to hold his own in a forward pocket and even though he’s slight too I think will be okay.

Yes, Moore is a likely debutant i would think. Minchington would be hot on his heels and may even be ahead if we need a hardened body with AFL experience.

Hey AxeMan, thanks as always for the reports. Greatly appreciated.

I don’t want to derail the thread (further), but any sign of TOB?
Yes. I can safely say that he was okay today (playing in defence), but he is very inconspicuous. You just feel like you want him to do something that makes you sit up and take notice, and elevates himself above 'almost' and 'so close'.

Last edited:
I'm still staggered we got him with pick 45 given his captaincy of Falcons & Vic Country.
An absolute blunder by Geelong, for any chess players out there. That encounter with Selwood, for all of Australia to see, will be one of many. Worpel will drive a stake in geelongs heart for years to come

Amazing recovery from his certain death only a few weeks back.

Birch has been doing plenty of intensive running in straight lines over the past 2 years.

Can his knee hold up to high intensive match conditions is the question?

An absolute blunder by Geelong, for any chess players out there. That encounter with Selwood, for all of Australia to see, will be one of many. Worpel will drive a stake in geelongs heart for years to come
Didn't someone on here say that Geelong have already asked some serious questions as to his willingness to want to play for the team that he supported as a kid?
Hope like crazy that we win this kid over heart and soul.

Didn't someone on here say that Geelong have already asked some serious questions as to his willingness to want to play for the team that he supported as a kid?
Hope like crazy that we win this kid over heart and soul.
That was just paranoid talk, he said pre draft that he always wanted to play againist Selwood ect not with, the kid loves a challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is quite quick RR, and evasive but he is very slight and would get killed if got hit hard by a big guy. I reckon a year in the gym and the VFL system will do him wonders.
Thanks Axeman. Am hoping he might be another Brad Hill who can step up despite being very slight.

Training is just that training. Lets just wait and see what we dish out in the pre season comps. Plenty to get excited about but lower your expectations especially from some of the kids who havent played AFL yet

Training is just that training. Lets just wait and see what we dish out in the pre season comps. Plenty to get excited about but lower your expectations especially from some of the kids who havent played AFL yet

As Mike Tyson once said “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”.

We’ll know soon where this team is at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back