Preview Round 1 2019: Adelaide vs Hawthorn, AO,Saturday 23rd of March 4:35 P.M.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide are a much better team when Brad Crouch plays. With him back from injury Adelaide will be hard to beat this year.

Cheers for that agree, but an even bigger 'in' based on his form when he did his ACL, is Brodie Smith. His leg is unbelievable, has been AA and highest metres gained player in the AFL often. We missed his drive off half back massively last year, can't wait to see how we go with him back and firing.

I can understand why you guys are confident, and in theory you should be. But here are some sobering numbers for you:
# of wins Adelaide have had over Hawthorn since R2 2011: 1
# of wins in 3 games against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval: 0
# of losses against Hawthorn since R2 2011: 9

Your only victory against us in the last 10 matches, was R2 in 2017 where we were in the middle of our worst run of form this decade and you guys were in your best form of the decade, and even then it was an ultra competitive game.

I don't know what it is about your mob, but Clarko always gets us fired up to play you (must be the Port Adelaide in him).

The other challenge is, will your mob start to drink their own bathwater or start believing their own hype after a good preseason? Will we come out firing because everyone is expecting us to lose? This is a massive danger game for you guys with a lot of expectations in the media and by your fans that you'll win and win well, but if you don't come out absolutely ready to play, I genuinely think you'll get humbled.

There won't be no bathwater drinking. We have an excellent coach, and I have no doubt he will have them 100% focussed.

For anyone (King Elvis) looking at the VPN option I'd recommend a VPN that is known to work with US Netflix as a safe bet.
You'll probably find people in the same situation on the Whirlpool forums...

I use Express VPN. It's a top rated VPN, it works very well.

Adelaide are soft to the core, so many are overrating them, they're not to be feared and I know Clarko will be confident. We will structure up better, we are well positioned to beat them and I'm confident we can.

I'm also confident we can beat them. All this pre-season hype. Whats in the center is what counts. Clarkon has has it in spades and so do the Hawks. We lost Mitchell..but we got a lot of new folk that want to prove themselves..the old guard is coming to an end. The new is coming over the hill.

I can understand why you guys are confident, and in theory you should be. But here are some sobering numbers for you:
# of wins Adelaide have had over Hawthorn since R2 2011: 1
# of wins in 3 games against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval: 0
# of losses against Hawthorn since R2 2011: 9

Your only victory against us in the last 10 matches, was R2 in 2017 where we were in the middle of our worst run of form this decade and you guys were in your best form of the decade, and even then it was an ultra competitive game.

I don't know what it is about your mob, but Clarko always gets us fired up to play you (must be the Port Adelaide in him).

The other challenge is, will your mob start to drink their own bathwater or start believing their own hype after a good preseason? Will we come out firing because everyone is expecting us to lose? This is a massive danger game for you guys with a lot of expectations in the media and by your fans that you'll win and win well, but if you don't come out absolutely ready to play, I genuinely think you'll get humbled.

Whilst that's all true I'm not sure how much relevance we can take from the 2011-2016 period of stats, we consistently nearly beat every team in the competition and we simply aren't that side anymore.

Whilst that's all true I'm not sure how much relevance we can take from the 2011-2016 period of stats, we consistently nearly beat every team in the competition and we simply aren't that side anymore.

There’s something about the Crows, they have a weak underbelly, lack of grit and I don’t rate Pike anywhere near Clarko. Clarko himself gives us a 3-4 goal head start, and if Gunno plays then all of a sudden we are just as dangerous forward of the centre as them.

We struggle against elite ruckman, Adelaide have Jacobs and he is a plodder like BB, he is the type of ruckman that BB takes to the cleaners.

There’s something about the Crows, they have a weak underbelly, lack of grit and I don’t rate Pike anywhere near Clarko. Clarko himself gives us a 3-4 goal head start, and if Gunno plays then all of a sudden we are just as dangerous forward of the centre as them.

We struggle against elite ruckman, Adelaide have Jacobs and he is a plodder like BB, he is the type of ruckman that BB takes to the cleaners.

I'm hearing that's slightly more unlikely than likely, but hopefully Gunston does play.

Except for that day at the mcg when our team insisted in kicking the ball straight to his area

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking this team I would have loved to put even one of Mitchell Gunston Wingard or scully in the last spot in the 22. This is our issue here.
It’s round one and not called the silly round for nothing. Did we not embarrass collingwood in r1 last year?

Last edited:
Adelaide are soft to the core, so many are overrating them, they're not to be feared and I know Clarko will be confident. We will structure up better, we are well positioned to beat them and I'm confident we can.
Yeah na.

The Crows by a lazy 5 goals.

We are missing too much quality.

Looks like Scrimshaw is a better chance than not of making the team that runs out against Adelaide which is fantastic.

He just seems the type of player who'd maybe not impress as much as you'd think in the twos, but would absolutely kill it in the seniors. I understand having a Box Hill apprenticeship for the guys who need to work into senior games, but you don't take your Mercedes off-roading so I'm hoping to see Scrimmers line up.

Why do we have to play our 1st game of the year at a tiny little boutique stadium with the capacity to hold only 33k people?
Surely a serious football state would have a serious venue.
Afl can't be serious about maximising attendance figures, that or they a looking to get more than two people and a dog to attend the AWFL finals.

Why do we have to play our 1st game of the year at a tiny little boutique stadium with the capacity to hold only 33k people?
Surely a serious football state would have a serious venue.
Afl can't be serious about maximising attendance figures, that or they a looking to get more than two people and a dog to attend the AWFL finals.
And we also play the drugo's at their pissant little Shitihad or whatever its called now.
Yet they play sides like Sydney & Brisbane at he MCG?
Go figure that! don't tell me the AFL aren't looking after them here with a much better chance of winning at docklands!

Just signed up for Kayo on the Telstra deal.
First 2 months are $2.50 each then $25 per month ongoing, no contract like Netflix.
Everything in HD. Can sign in on 2 different devices simultaneously.
Time to buy a Chromecast...

Split screen on my phone.
1553124557862.png

Dual screen at work.
1553124043494.png

PC split screen options. 4 sports on 1 screen. Can watch 8 sports with dual screen. Quality is down as work doesn't have the bandwidth..
1553124094198.png

If you search kayo special offer you should find an ozbargains link with the code

I think you lose the 14 day free trial bit but you get the $25pm package for $2.50 for two months

If you search kayo special offer you should find an ozbargains link with the code

I think you lose the 14 day free trial bit but you get the $25pm package for $2.50 for two months
If Kayo is outside the data allowance for Telstra customers just like the AFL app I will be in heaven!

If Kayo is outside the data allowance for Telstra customers just like the AFL app I will be in heaven!
I must be interneting wrong, I don't tend to get anywhere near the 1500GB Telstra give me every month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back