Preview Round 1 2019: Adelaide vs Hawthorn, AO,Saturday 23rd of March 4:35 P.M.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Meara is a gun, if he can stay fit, no reason he won't be a top 5 player in the League...

Same as Brad Crouch ;)

That's good to know, so what you're saying is once we obtain Brad Crouch's signature at the end of the season, we will have 3 of the league's top 5 players?

In all seriousness though, it's good that both these kids are fit and firing again.

The game will be all the because of it, both are dead set guns.

Disappointing set back but at least it is unrelated to what has been keeping him down for the past 12 months.

Sadly it's all related man. When you have missed almost two years of sport at his age, let alone professional sport, your body is far more susceptible to hamstring and calf injuries as you ramp up training. Simply, his body is adjusting to being a professional sportsman again at 31 years of age.

I love Birch, but this is going to be a difficult call for the club to make. With where we are as a list in 2019 I would hate to see Scrimshaw not given every opportunity to own HBF.

That's good to know, so what you're saying is once we obtain Brad Crouch's signature at the end of the season, we will have 3 of the league's top 5 players?

In all seriousness though, it's good that both these kids are fit and firing again.

The game will be all the because of it, both are dead set guns.

Contracted until the end of next year mate; so let's bloody hope not!

And agree - JOM seems like a great young lad; it'd be a shame if he didn't get to fulfil his potential.

JOM's press conference today on the HFC web page is all class. He is just a respectful and humble person.

It reminds me that our club will be hard to beat on Saturday. In round 1, it is the whole club you face.
And very honest too.

But I did notice him looking a bit different when asked whether he was speaking to Stephen Cogniglio. Fitness team might need to check it out:

1552982534120.gif

I believe it's geo-locked.
2 week trial for free tho...
Yeah you'd need a vpn that they couldn't detect saying you were in Australia for it to work

Nash is quick with great endurance.

I reckon he would be an awesome match up for Laird.

Stay on him and nail him at every opportunity.

Then make Laird defend him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Laird's probably too small to make them consider putting him on Nash. He would likely match up against Poppy or Breust. Either way, at least 2 of their running half backs are going to need to do a defensive job on our smalls, rather than run off them.

I would definitely like to see Moore get a crack. One of the smalls could really get off the chain and do some damage.

Yeah you'd need a vpn that they couldn't detect saying you were in Australia for it to work
For anyone (King Elvis) looking at the VPN option I'd recommend a VPN this is known to work with US Netflix as a safe bet.
You'll probably find people in the same situation on the Whirlpool forums...

Laird's probably too small to make them consider putting him on Nash. He would likely match up against Poppy or Breust.
What if Clarko sends Nash to Laird though?

I think injuries and time have seen the game slip past Birchall. Will be surprised to
Nash is quick with great endurance.

I reckon he would be an awesome match up for Laird.

Stay on him and nail him at every opportunity.

Then make Laird defend him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope Nash is in. He will prove a handul, for opposition sides, hopefully sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys and gals. I'd wish you all the best but tbo I'd be lying. Seriously though just on paper with ins and outs Crows look too strong but it still doesn't quell the uneasy feeling in my gut about this game. You guys are a bit undermanned but have the best strategic coach of the modern era, so Hawks can never be underestimated. I think 1 way or the other it will be within 3-4 goals. Let's hope for a good game without injuries to either side.

Hi guys and gals. I'd wish you all the best but tbo I'd be lying. Seriously though just on paper with ins and outs Crows look too strong but it still doesn't quell the uneasy feeling in my gut about this game. You guys are a bit undermanned but have the best strategic coach of the modern era, so Hawks can never be underestimated. I think 1 way or the other it will be within 3-4 goals. Let's hope for a good game without injuries to either side.
And a hawks win

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide are a much better team when Brad Crouch plays. With him back from injury Adelaide will be hard to beat this year.

I am quietly confident given our pre-season and the fitness of our team, but Crows have never beaten Hawthorn at AO and seem to struggle against the Hawks. From a Crows fan perspective the best thing that I've noticed about them so far is a much more positive attitude this year and the best way to prove that will be to confidently beat you guys on Saturday.
We'll find out soon enough but gees...... I'm glad the footy is back I've missed it.

I can understand why you guys are confident, and in theory you should be. But here are some sobering numbers for you:
# of wins Adelaide have had over Hawthorn since R2 2011: 1
# of wins in 3 games against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval: 0
# of losses against Hawthorn since R2 2011: 9

Your only victory against us in the last 10 matches, was R2 in 2017 where we were in the middle of our worst run of form this decade and you guys were in your best form of the decade, and even then it was an ultra competitive game.

I don't know what it is about your mob, but Clarko always gets us fired up to play you (must be the Port Adelaide in him).

The other challenge is, will your mob start to drink their own bathwater or start believing their own hype after a good preseason? Will we come out firing because everyone is expecting us to lose? This is a massive danger game for you guys with a lot of expectations in the media and by your fans that you'll win and win well, but if you don't come out absolutely ready to play, I genuinely think you'll get humbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back