Strategy Changes v Carltank, Sunday April 21st

Remove this Banner Ad

What sort of player is Lachy Young a rangy Full Back with good closing speed or is he more a taller half back with a good turn of foot??
He’s about 190cm - is shorter and more solid than players like Hamling. Plays a physical game, good intercept mark I’m told, and has handy speed. Sort of like a rough cut young Moz.

Well, let’s hope he somewhere near that good!

What sort of player is Lachy Young a rangy Full Back with good closing speed or is he more a taller half back with a good turn of foot??

From what I seen after we drafted him, he seems to be a defender who can read the play well, take a good mark & effective at hitting up targets. Just don’t expect him to get a lot of the ball.

But being a defender, I hope he’s accountable and at least strong if in a one on one.

From what I seen after we drafted him, he seems to be a defender who can read the play well, take a good mark & effective at hitting up targets. Just don’t expect him to get a lot of the ball.

But being a defender, I hope he’s accountable and at least strong if in a one on one.

We already have a few defenders that can get the ball (minus wood), wouldn't complain if we have another guy who can win the one on one duels and keep his opponent honest, probably more important given we tend to be exposed one on one at times.

He’s about 190cm - is shorter and more solid than players like Hamling. Plays a physical game, good intercept mark I’m told, and has handy speed. Sort of like a rough cut young Moz.

Well, let’s hope he somewhere near that good!
Watching him live the other day he looked a little slow to me. Not really pacewise but more in movement, ponderous may be the word im looking for.

How does Gowers stay but Schache gets dropped?

At least Schache is an accurate kick? And he can play in the ruck?

Gowers has virtually zero value as a forward. Even when he gets it he can't convert?

And Dunkley is NOT a forward ffs. Why is he playing there?

I don’t mind having Trengove in as a bigger body in the ruck, let’s face it Schache is not even a 3rd grade ruckman.

Would prefer Schache stay in side though instead of one of Gowers, Dickson Lloyd or Dunkley

Schache plays better higher up the field at the moment as a moving marking target rather than deep where he gets crunched by bigger bodied talls

Trengove or English can play as resting full forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache plays better higher up the field at the moment as a moving marking target rather than deep where he gets crunched by bigger bodied talls[/QUOTE]

Exactly and so does Gowers.
The forward line coaches knew this last year.
And had the summer to get it right.
So they throw Naughton forward ,great but your not adressing the failing mechanisms.
Questions need to be asked of our forward line coaches.3 years in a row....

Pies absolutely prolapsed Brisbane in Brisbane last night. Puts our narrow loss to them into some perspective. GCS have only lost one game and by 1 point at that - if they perform well enough in Adelaide against the Crows this weekend, might also give us some more perspective on our round 3 loss.

Maybe, even with 3 or 4 changes, maybe we are going totally Beat on the (Carlton) Brat on Sunday? I'm starting to feel more bulldogish.

Pies absolutely prolapsed Brisbane in Brisbane last night. Puts our narrow loss to them into some perspective. GCS have only lost one game and by 1 point at that - if they perform well enough in Adelaide against the Crows this weekend, might also give us some more perspective on our round 3 loss.

Maybe, even with 3 or 4 changes, maybe we are going totally Beat on the (Carlton) Brat on Sunday? I'm starting to feel more bulldogish.
Collingwood Versus Bulldogs, 219 Kicks, 177 Handballs.
Collingwood Versus Brisbane, 222 Kicks, 175 Handballs.

Volume is not Method and Method is not Volume.

We stood up quite well - especially as we had the 5 day break.
Agree, I think the Mitch Wallis accidental knee to the back of Chris Mayne early in the game probably
levelled up the five day break aspect of the game. The Collingwood game against Richmond got them
into some bad habits which they corrected against Brisbane in terms of speed of ball movement. I am
a bit unusual in that I don't mind losing by being positive, but unfortunately the industry does not
mirror that thought process most of the time.

How has Hayes been in VFL? He didn’t look much in the JLT, but I suppose nobody did.

Excited to see Williams back. Hopefully he steps into Suckers’ role and builds on last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back