2019 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency starts 6 p.m. ET on June 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

so lakers ideally need the trade to be done late July for cap space is that correct?

July 30 for max cap space of $32 million.

If it's done July 6, the trade wage disparity (roughly $4.5 million) and Davis's $4 million trade kicker will be absorbed into the Lakers' cap space, leaving them with less than $24 million space.

The actual trade wage disparity of the trade is down to the base salary of the #4 pick, which only becomes active on July 30.

And the best part is... we have absolutely no incentive to help them by doing the deal on July 30. In fact it's against our interests.

July 30 for max cap space of $32 million.

If it's done July 6, the trade wage disparity (roughly $4.5 million) and Davis's $4 million trade kicker will be absorbed into the Lakers' cap space, leaving them with less than $24 million space.

The actual trade wage disparity of the trade is down to the base salary of the #4 pick, which only becomes active on July 30.

And the best part is... we have absolutely no incentive to help them by doing the deal on July 30. In fact it's against our interests.

cheers

can davis waive the kicker then appear in space jam 2 for 4 million?

Kawhi would not be a waste on any team, including the Lakers.

Obviously he's a superstar and any team would want him but it's a waste to have him just sitting in the corner not getting much ball. I mean you could use him for that but I'd hope he got the KD level hate if he signed up.

LeBron will run the offence, AD will play 5. Kawhi would end up like CP3 at Houston, just not being used enough. And he'd still dominate...

Kawhi and Kyrie vs LeBron and AD vs Steph and Klay after a year. Would be epic.

Obviously he's a superstar and any team would want him but it's a waste to have him just sitting in the corner not getting much ball. I mean you could use him for that but I'd hope he got the KD level hate if he signed up.

LeBron will run the offence, AD will play 5. Kawhi would end up like CP3 at Houston, just not being used enough. And he'd still dominate...

Kawhi and Kyrie vs LeBron and AD vs Steph and Klay after a year. Would be epic.

He'd still get plenty of shots, would be a deadly off-ball shooter, would lessen the playmaking load on LeBron, help cover for LeBron defensively and ensure LeBron seeing his minutes and overall workload dramatically slashed.

I don't want to see it, but Kawhi would fit the Lakers (or basically any team) like a glove. Hope he stays in Toronto though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any way CP3 gets to the Lakers with a trade? Or is it pretty much impossible given the Lakers just traded most of their assets?

How could they make a trade work salary wise? Genuine question btw, apologies if it's a silly one!

Its almost impossible i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back