List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their offensive/ front running poweress is as massive advantage , but also a massive dis advantage . Soon as clubs work on how to lockdown on them particularly from stoppages they are cactus .
A couple of Injuries to their better players would be telling. Especially May doing a couple of Hammies in a couple of weeks this year and his previous injury history... they start becoming an issue in older guys.

They were brilliant this year, I kept expecting the wheels to fall off like the Melbourne I have always laughed at.
Good list age profile and have depth in most areas
Congrats to them

Geelong weren’t playing youth because they couldn’t win a flag and were living on the belief rules would continue to be changed and that they would only suit them .

When was the last time they played a side of youth. You could argue that their perpetual desperation to win a flag at all costs , has severely hindered their list development and the confidence of the few younger players that have any talent.

Hocking could only help them so much but no rules will save them now.

Last edited:

The reality of it is we aren't going all out for a flag next season than we may as well trade out Martin whilst he still has currency and start our rebuild with kick start.

GWS with picks 2 and 13 is a good start and could be desparate enough.

If we are pushing for one last tilt than young kids alone won't be enough for next season. I'm warming to Mitchell and think we can offer a decent pick where Hawthorn pays some of his salary as well.

Rekon pick 15 for Mitchell gets it done.
I would then trade pick 7 and Next year's 1st to GC for Pick 3 and 19.

With some pick swapping with Bulldogs and a trade with CJ to North we get Tom Mitchell, Tarrant and still take picks 3,17,19 and 20 to the draft.

You wot mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The reality of it is we aren't going all out for a flag next season than we may as well trade out Martin whilst he still has currency and start our rebuild with kick start.

If we are pushing for one last tilt than young kids alone won't be enough for next season. I'm warming to Mitchell and think we can offer a decent pick where Hawthorn pays some of his salary as well.

With some pick swapping with Bulldogs and a trade with CJ to North we get Tom Mitchell, Tarrant and still take picks 3,17,19 and 20 to the draft.
I reckon St. Kilda's first round this year #9 is gettable if we offer them our next years first for their attempt at Ben King

Not necessarily. Many have been predicting Geelong's downfall for a decade.
I hand it to them, they find a way - not that I don't think they need a good injection of good draft picks.

Geelong’s best chance was the year egghead came back and they still had Kelly. It was always a dicey strategy but the emotional strings of "welcoming gary home" were too strong.

Maybe we'd have done the same if it was Richo coming out of retirement. I dunno.

The problem was they ran into us every time. Then they doubled down on stupid with the Kelly picks.

Now they are 12 months away from a rebuild because this year's draft hand is shite. Well * them, that's what you get trying to win the flag the wrong way.

and our first pick,every game from the gitgo
Maybe not every game because if they’re not ready fine. But the midfielders who have been on the list for 2-4 years need opportunity or move them on. Ideally the bulk or our first rounders were draft should be getting opportunities though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not best in the league, he has got more, but I do not think he will get better and his prime is now with no more ascension in my opinion.

Petracca might get better but then this might be his peak to. Couple of months younger than Bont but held back by ACL maybe
You've lost the plot if you don't think Bont will get better.

Whilst I see where you are coming from, picturing Martin in anything else but a Richmomd jumper doesn't sit well with me.

A couple of Injuries to their better players would be telling. Especially May doing a couple of Hammies in a couple of weeks this year and his previous injury history... they start becoming an issue in older guys.

They were brilliant this year, I kept expecting the wheels to fall off like the Melbourne I have always laughed at.
Good list age profile and have depth in most areas
Congrats to them
Trac , Oliver and Jackson are their weapons with Jackson the one who can change momentum . It was very evident in the grand final that when momentum is going against them they can be scored heavily against .
Gawn and Jackson aren’t dominating Soldo , Nank with Balta pinch hitting .

Mitch at it again

News break

ST KILDA has alerted teams that it is keen to stockpile more picks at this year's NAB AFL Draft.

It's understood the Saints are determined to add to their draft hand during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period over the next month and are open to getting creative to secure additional selections.

The club currently holds picks No.9, 46 and 64, but would ideally like another choice in the early stages of the draft to invest in young talent after consecutive years without a top-25 selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back