Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

I am excited to have the opportunity to get JHF , we have never had the opportunity to get such a highly credentialed junior.
I do not have an issue giving up 2 first round picks for JHF, given that one of those picks is for a bonafide first class (potential) player. Next year’s first round pick is a real mystery ….. given that we WILL play finals in 2023, so that may be not as expensive.
FA6454F0-E17E-4806-8C19-CF85601B789E.jpeg But the talk of Miles Bergman is not on ….. Miles was a first round pick who is on the rise and that would effectively be 3 first round picks.
We have a number of halfback flankers who could be traded as a sweetener ie Bonner or Farrell.

West coast will be a little panicy now with rioli. Clear as day where our attention will be. Now they’ll wonder why they said no to 27!

Hopefully, something like 27 and Freddy gets Rioli over the line with 39 back. Give Geelong 39 and 57 for Ratagoulea. 8 and next years 1st for JHF.

How do we get Kozzie next year though?! 🤔

West coast will be a little panicy now with rioli. Clear as day where our attention will be. Now they’ll wonder why they said no to 27!

Hopefully, something like 27 and Freddy gets Rioli over the line with 39 back. Give Geelong 39 and 57 for Ratagoulea. 8 and next years 1st for JHF.

Trade McEntee and Farrell for Kozzie next year, trust me have a bloke #Scoop

At least we found out what Kane Cornes was on about when he referred to other things Port are working on that haven't hit the headlines yet ...

Rumours that this isn't the only one.

This time of year is so entertaining.

View attachment 1524607
Requested a trade after his first year, stayed 2 years and then North walked him into the draft and we got donuts 🍩

BEN Jacobs' Port Adelaide career is over.
The first-round pick the Power invested so heavily in two years ago will today tell the club he has no intention of returning from Melbourne and will nominate for the November 22 national draft.

Victorian Jacobs, 20, sought a trade to North Melbourne last month but was left high and dry after Port refused to accept the Kangaroos' offer of draft pick 38.

Already armed with selections seven, 30 and 31, the Power wanted pick 15 from the Roos.

When North refused to budge on its offer, Port backed itself to talk Jacobs into staying at Alberton.

But it has failed, with the 26-game midfielder this week telling his manager, Paul Connors, he wants to play for a Melbourne-based club.

Should be around Taranto deal , in fact JHF is less proven. 2 Firsts is generous., despite the hysteria of the vic press, funny about that.
Does the previous deal (or no deal) with Ben Jacobs get discussed in these negotiations. I understand it was a while ago, but he was a first-round pick that they got for nothing really.

5AA sports show on now with KG and Wildy. Should be funny.

They're ambivalent about whether he should leave North. I'm sure that attitude would be the same if he nominated the crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day it's quite clear that more than anything JHF never wanted to be in Melbourne. Sucks for you guys but it's something that needs to be assessed pre draft. Now maybe he didn't realise the move would be so hard or maybe he was saying all the right things pre draft rather than being honest or maybe he did show some signs but North ignored them. Who knows. But what we do know is that he will be a better player for being back in Adelaide and happy off field.
Maybe they should not have dropped him for visiting his mum on Mother's Day

It's bad enough when opposition supporters and the media do it, so could Port supporters please stop including Georgiades in trade hypotheticals?

Unless he's bashing the door down to get out, he's as untouchable as it gets.

It's bad enough when opposition supporters and the media do it, so could Port supporters please stop including Georgiades in trade hypotheticals?

Unless he's bashing the door down to get out, he's as untouchable as it gets.

Quoting this just so I can tell you I liked it!

******* hell if we manage all this I won't give a s**t about overpaying for Junior

Think we need to be realistic. Peak Judd + 46 netted pick 3, 20 and JJK.

Jezza Cameron was picks 13,15 and 20 with 2 seconds going back.

Tom Boyd pick 6 and a cooked Griffen.

I reckon pick 8, future first (likely top 10) and 27 is more than enough for what he’s shown so far. Different story if he had a Daicos level season.
Vic media was celebrating the return of the prodigal son in each case as well. Not losing an escaped prisoner heading west or north.

Talk of players by North supporters is fanciful. Pick 8 plus next years first gets this done, and so it should
I think it will be this with whatever steak knives we can get across the line so they can feel like they've had a win. Seems reasonable for all parties.

Basically:
Pick 8 + (one of Bergman/future first) + (one of late second/fringe player)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back