Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
Either he's done something very bad or it's a complete nothingburger.

The talk on the North board is that North and Thomas' legal representative are pushing back against the harshness of the AFL's proposed sanction. An 18-week suspension has been suggested by more than one source (although, to be honest, the thread is a sh*tshow and many other alternatives have been bandied about as well).

Who wants to bet that Tarryn ends up off the kangaroos list (either de-registered or delisted at the end of the year), plays a year in a state league, then gets picked up as a free agent by Geelong or another club deemed to have a "strong culture" where he becomes an All Australian. Feels like that type of story.

Thomas wont play state league in 2023. I don't think he will play at all.

I think North will look after him throughout the year from a welfare poitn of view, then he will be traded to a NSW based club.

Needs a fresh start and change of scene badly.

He needs a girl with strong family links, perhaps he should hang out in Lygon Street.
Somebody not interested in his money, also he is just less likely to be rude to such people (who wants to upset a girl with brothers, father).
I am not excusing his incorrect actions but the way , even if situations are not entirely his fault.

He needs a girl with strong family links, perhaps he should hang out in Lygon Street.
Somebody not interested in his money, also he is just less likely to be rude to such people (who wants to upset a girl with brothers, father).
I am not excusing his incorrect actions but the way , even if situations are not entirely his fault.

The way people continue to blame women for being harassed and threatened is extraordinary in 2024.

Trouble breeds trouble.
If it's ok to say "get better friends" it's ok to also say "find better women"

Quite frankly I think both are not ok, and you make your own decisions

If he can only manage to not harass "better" women, he probably should take some time off dating anyone and work on that.

The way people continue to blame women for being harassed and threatened is extraordinary in 2024.
I don't blame women who are being harassed for it, just saying he needs to be better with all women, the more successful they are the better for him in terms of reducing his own temptations to be rude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Continually *s up. Continually gets a limp slap on the utensil.

People like him won't stop with such weak reactions. They're not likely to stop with harsher penalties.

* him off. AFL can throw some more charity to offset the loss or something.

I don't blame women who are being harassed for it, just saying he needs to be better with all women, the more successful they are the better for him in terms of reducing his own temptations to be rude.

He needs to stop doing the wrong thing (granted I have no idea what these current allegations are).

Continually *s up. Continually gets a limp slap on the utensil.

People like him won't stop with such weak reactions. They're not likely to stop with harsher penalties.

* him off. AFL can throw some more charity to offset the loss or something.

Turn it up. Marlon okay to keep playing?

Do you think North fans will 'boo' him?

Potentially.

Then again, i dont think Tarryns father has been gifted an MG by a sponsor of another club this year to get him across to that club. I could be wrong though.

Also hasnt collected a $10,000 bonus by tellign clubs he is happy to play for them without having any intention of honouring a contract. Again i could be wrong though.

Potentially.

Then again, i dont think Tarryns father has been gifted an MG by a sponsor of another club this year to get him across to that club. I could be wrong though.

Also hasnt collected a $10,000 bonus by tellign clubs he is happy to play for them without having any intention of honouring a contract. Again i could be wrong though.
If (and it is still an 'if') Tarryn is responsible for repeated DV actions, I would think that is a far more reprehensible action than the perceived slighting by a player to play for their preferred team. If he is responsible, I am not sure you owe him any 'looking after' or 'welfare' - strange take to support the responsible party rather than the victim if true.

I personally think that some things are beyond football and North should be happy to be rid of him. Port had a genuinely bad character player in Nick Stevens leave and I am forever grateful he left.

The response of the North fans if Tarryn does go will be interesting. As will the response of the club - maybe asking for AFL compensation if he is deregistered/extended suspension.

If (and it is still an 'if') Tarryn is responsible for repeated DV actions, I would think that is a far more reprehensible action than the perceived slighting by a player to play for their preferred team. If he is responsible, I am not sure you owe him any 'looking after' or 'welfare' - strange take to support the responsible party rather than the victim if true.

I personally think that some things are beyond football and North should be happy to be rid of him. Port had a genuinely bad character player in Nick Stevens leave and I am forever grateful he left.

The response of the North fans if Tarryn does go will be interesting. As will the response of the club - maybe asking for AFL compensation if he is deregistered/extended suspension.

This will 100% occur and it would be just and fair to occur.

Hmmn. Lots of speculation including about whether he has been sanctioned and the nature of the sanction.

My mob delisted Elijah Taylor tho he was stood down with pay in the period preceding. Iirc the Club offered some ongoing support. Whether it was taken up I do not know. The AFL suspended Taylor for 12 months after he was delisted.

North are caught "in the churn". Should the AFL find against Thomas and slap a big sanction on him, it seems likely his Club will send him packing at the end of the year. If so I expect other clubs will be told to not draft him or he. might face de-registration.

Beyond a vacancy on the list, the Swans did not ask for nor receive compensation. I doubt North will either.

Beyond a vacancy on the list, the Swans did not ask for nor receive compensation. I doubt North will either.
Yes. It’s not the biggest worry in the scheme of things, but it would be useful if AFL House sorted this out before the SSP deadline on Monday.

The talk on the North board is that North and Thomas' legal representative are pushing back against the harshness of the AFL's proposed sanction. An 18-week suspension has been suggested by more than one source (although, to be honest, the thread is a sh*tshow and many other alternatives have been bandied about as well).

That thread is an absolute rollercoaster of emotions.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Remove this Banner Ad

Back