Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant live Roar Deal podcast with Fages tonight. Hopefully it translates just as well to the recording and Dom doesn't cut anything. Particularly the story about Fages meeting Mick Gatto 😂

View attachment 1906192

Definitely worth a listen. One of their best.

Just chiming in that I thought the Roar Deal with Fagan was excellent and despite inhaling all Lions news I still learnt a few things like why Dev stayed, the ongoing indecision re tall forward structure and Fagan just consistently showing mature compassionate leadership. Good stuff.

I thought the funniest moment of the Fagan interview concerned Eric to the backline - “we only did it for 10minutes and someone saw and posted on social media that fagan has lost the plot”.

I thought the funniest moment of the Fagan interview concerned Eric to the backline - “we only did it for 10minutes and someone saw and posted on social media that fagan has lost the plot”.
So,are you going to apologise to Fages then?:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Enjoyed the podcast as well.

That was a terrific podcast. Mike and Dom asked intelligent questions and importantly just let Fages talk without interrupting so we got the full extent of issues pertaining to our play ,the GF and certain players. Plus his ethos as a coach , his future , many insights.

Full credit to them for the effort they put in to bring this to supporters.

I found it interesting that Fagan knew what was said on social media.

No idea which platform, as I generally only read here.

The part that fascinated me the most was Fages talking about how different clubs responded to losing a GF. You can blow up the ship trying to find out what went wrong ie Crows camp leading to a fallout within the club. Or like Hawthorn losing in 12', West Coast in 05', and now us.. accept we were only 4 points off and need to keep moving forward with what we're already doing. We just need to improve some smaller parts of our game. Helped me get some perspective on why some teams who lose in a GF fail to make the 8 the next year and why some teams come back stronger. With a bit of luck and no major injuries I have no doubt we will have every chance to get back there again this season.

The part that fascinated me the most was Fages talking about how different clubs responded to losing a GF. You can blow up the ship trying to find out what went wrong ie Crows camp leading to a fallout within the club. Or like Hawthorn losing in 12', West Coast in 05', and now us.. accept we were only 4 points off and need to keep moving forward with what we're already doing. We just need to improve some smaller parts of our game. Helped me get some perspective on why some teams who lose in a GF fail to make the 8 the next year and why some teams come back stronger. With a bit of luck and no major injuries I have no doubt we will have every chance to get back there again this season.
Yes, his comments about wanting to handball more interested me. Excited to see how this looks. If we can combine an ability to spread defences from one side of the field to the other by kicking, with an ability to change pace via handball, this could be very difficult for our opponents to deal with.

Lions new coach Daniel Lloyd from GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back