Player Watch #14: Jack Billings – traded from St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm obviously on my own here and on the Saints board but feel like this is the sort of low risk/high reward play that all clubs in their premiership window look for.

Best case Billings plays up to his potential. And averages 20+ touches and a goal a game. With the occasional blinder where he kicks 3 and has 30+.

Worst case you have a high quality depth player who can play wing or forward. For a 3rd round draft pick and packet of peanuts in terms of salary cap use.

FWIW also- Billings is no hard man but when it his time to go, he goes. Just doesn't hunt the physicality, nor should he- not his role.

I'm obviously on my own here and on the Saints board but feel like this is the sort of low risk/high reward play that all clubs in their premiership window look for.

Best case Billings plays up to his potential. And averages 20+ touches and a goal a game. With the occasional blinder where he kicks 3 and has 30+.

Worst case you have a high quality depth player who can play wing or forward. For a 3rd round draft pick and packet of peanuts in terms of salary cap use.

FWIW also- Billings is no hard man but when it his time to go, he goes. Just doesn't hunt the physicality, nor should he- not his role.

That's exactly how I view it too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't worry, this is exactly how any rational people here view it as well.

JT finally gets his man ten years on. Hopefully provides value like Hunter did for much of last year, until our wings got destroyed in finals.

Hello Demons fans I'm thinking of starting Billings in my SuperCoach team - is he likely to be best 22? Cheers
Hey Fish, I'd say extremely likely at this stage, especially given the rate we're losing players.

Billings is a point of difference for our team given he can actually kick the ball to a target inside 50. But who knows, maybe that sort of thing will get him dropped 🤗

But I'd say barring injury, he'll almost certainly be there in Round 0/1.

Hello Demons fans I'm thinking of starting Billings in my SuperCoach team - is he likely to be best 22? Cheers
Hard to know but id say yes going off his performance in the practice match.

Is he a goody favourite is the question.
I like to imagine that Richardson is hyping him up to Goody every time they chat

"Cmonnnnnnn, put Billings in the team. I'll be your friend"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* fantastic today, smart with the ball, love the tackle on the Harmes don't argue :$ ..Looked how he did in the preseason games. Hard to believe he was sub for an underdone Spargo last week, mind blowing.

Shame it looks like the Pies are going to miss the finals and we will never find out who will win that hardball between the Great Jack Billing's and Brayden Maynard in a big final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back