Review Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo posters: please refrain from coming into this thread to troll/bait about the score review from last night.

Final warning – infractions will be handed out if this continues.

I love that this board has just devolved into “Choose your nuffy tall forward fighter”. We’ve got a Brown spruiker, Jeffo was gonna be the saviour back in pre season, I’ve pitched in with Grundy and you’re taking it up for Shaquille O’Josh.

We just need some of the other fence sitters to toughen up and tell us why Disco Turner and whatshisname Verall should be in the goalsquare next week.
I'm still proposing we put danster in the square after he said he could kick more goals than Ben Brown.

It's time

The game had crazy finals like pressure with almost most tackles in a game this year, super heavy track/slippery conditions due to the rain all day and Carlton were playing a defensive style and people expected us to kick 130 points again?

The game had crazy finals like pressure with almost most tackles in a game this year, super heavy track/slippery conditions due to the rain all day and Carlton were playing a defensive style and people expected us to kick 130 points again?

With a ruckman playing as a forward in said slippery conditions I dont think anyone did. :moustache:

Will put my hand up and say I expected us to kick more than 56 points though, I do get carried away sometimes.

I love how all the nuffies are blaming the goal umpire for the loss and forgetting that conceding 2 goals in a minute to start the 4th is why we lost the game.
I can cop bad umpiring decisions every, team gets them, but what pisses me off about this one is the process was wrong.
Either the goal umpire saw it touched and there was no need for a review. Or he didnt see it was touched and wanted it reviewed then the soft signal should be a goal.

Also I don't think the AFL gives the option for the umpire to say I've got no ******* idea if it was touched or not have a look upstairs and sort it out.

Won't bother with the touched/not touched stuff, but...

Interesting to see the Gawn alone, Gawn/Grundy debate. Have to agree it was an error to play Grundy as well, but not necessarily due to the conditions.

We've had a similar thing this year with Weitering/Young. Weitering went from bog average and back to quality form purely because we took a lesser player (Young) out of his space and out of the role. Sometimes the big dogs just don't need the interruption or the interference.

Last edited:
I can cop bad umpiring decisions every, team gets them, but what pisses me off about this one is the process was wrong.
Either the goal umpire saw it touched and there was no need for a review. Or he didnt see it was touched and wanted it reviewed then the soft signal should be a goal.

Also I don't think the AFL gives the option for the umpire to say I've got no ******* idea if it was touched or not have a look upstairs and sort it out.

I would need to pull up the replay, but wasn't the umpire's decision that it was touched and needed the review to confirm if it was before the goal line.

You defence was massive, particularly in the first Q. We had something like 24 I50's for a total of 1 goal 3. Was super impressive (if frustrating for me as a Carlton supporter).

Ripping game last night. Elite pressure from both sides (season record tackle count, with both sides even). Heat on the ball carrier was immense going both ways. Had a real finals vibe to it, with the umps putting the whistles away and letting the boys fight it out.

FWIW, it looked to me like a goal to Trac live to me. Same to my GF who was sitting next to me.
I don't think that was a ripping game at all though it was one of the more putrid games I've seen in a while skill wise. Pressure was hot because both sides were terrible at moving the footy.

I don't think it was touched either, but for 90% of that game you guys were the better side and deserved the win. I was annoyed with the decision but didn't feel like we were ripped off a game we deserved

Although I do agree once it was called 'touched' we were ****ed as it had to stay.

If I'm a neutral watching that it needs to be soft called a goal and proven otherwise not the other way round

Last edited:
Joey made a great point on First crack, the goal umpire should say what they are reviewing when they send it up. The goal umpire shouldn't just guess it's touched he should call the review then say I think the Carlton players fingers touched the ball

Not just guess completely. Because even ******* Carlton supporters are saying it touched 3 different spots.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have to look at the reactions, Caleb Marchbank was absolutely the only guy saying it was touched.

Why would the umpire say it was touched while at the same time demanding the ARC to review it because he didn’t really see it?

If in doubt, it wasn’t touched. Pretty simple buddy. Costed a top 2 spot, pure incompetency.

Blight on the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back