Review Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo posters: please refrain from coming into this thread to troll/bait about the score review from last night.

Final warning – infractions will be handed out if this continues.

Not lurking ….. but just saw the replay on Kayo, if you look at the first replay after the Petraca shot on goal you can clearly see the ball hits Marchbank’s thigh. You see the thigh move. It was a point, umpire actually made the right decision. Nothing worse than controversy to end a game as important as that for both teams. Hopefully that clears that up. Good luck in finals … if it’s not us then please let it be you that beats ******* Collingwood!
Ball wasn't touched, your mob fell over the lime after dominating most of the game, see you in finals, * off

Oliver sucked last night hey. Had a few moments but can’t remember a worse game.

Hopefully he got through it well. Gonna need him at his best against the Hawks.
He probably won't be. Annoying that we consider certain blokes above the VFL and just let them plod around at AFL level till they figure it out

Not lurking ….. but just saw the replay on Kayo, if you look at the first replay after the Petraca shot on goal you can clearly see the ball hits Marchbank’s thigh. You see the thigh move. It was a point, umpire actually made the right decision. Nothing worse than controversy to end a game as important as that for both teams. Hopefully that clears that up. Good luck in finals … if it’s not us then please let it be you that beats ******* Collingwood!

OK chief 👍

Good presser, I thought. If you're looking for Goodwin to openly criticise Grundy, then I have bad news for you.

Youre taking enormous confidence from the game also?

Good presser, I thought. If you're looking for Goodwin to openly criticise Grundy, then I have bad news for you.

As much I hate a Goody presser, I agree with this. Best not sh1t can your own product when you’re about to put it up for sale.

Hopefully another sucker club can come take Grundy off our hands and foot the bulk of that $650k over the next four years we agreed to pay him.

That’s some bad business we did there.

Youre taking enormous confidence from the game also?
I've actually taken some from it, only because we came back after we looked buried in the last. Everyone knows that wasn't touched, the group will be galvanised.

Lol. You got the four points, no need to try and claim the moral victory too.

Why do Carlton supporters have the highest percentage of fans that will go to another board, rub a win in, share their opinion and think that anyone will actually care?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're looking for Goodwin to openly criticise Grundy, then I have bad news for you.

Also meant to say, na, I wasn't expecting him to criticise him, it was Goody's call to play him after all and expect him to learn forward craft in 4 weeks, just found the whole evolve thing funny, guy is 30 next month, he'll continue to devolve would be far more accurate .

As much I hate a Goody presser, I agree with this. Best not sh1t can your own product when you’re about to put it up for sale.

Hopefully another sucker club can come take Grundy off our hands and foot the bulk of that $650k over the next four years we agreed to pay him.

That’s some bad business we did there.
There are rumours the Pies may take him back

Why do Carlton supporters have the highest percentage of fans that will go to another board, rub a win in, share their opinion and think that anyone will actually care?

Because they know their own board moderators are descended from large communities of Germans that live in Argentina and won’t allow any oppo fans to get back on them.

Credit to Voss and the coaching team at Carlton. Carlton's pressure for most the night was elite. I'm not saying Carlton are going to win the flag but they remind me of Richmond in 2017 as in their pressure is good and their average players are doing their bit, nothing special but just put on some pressure and let the stars take over.

Contrast that with our bottom 6 and we have Jordon butchering the ball, Grundy dropping marks, Salem shitty 9 iron passes. Even our stars were down, gawn wasn't great, Oliver was rusty, viney turned to s**t. Petracca and kozzy were probably the only two that looked dangerous though kozzy missed some passes early. The back six held up really well considering the constant pressure they were under. If they persist with guys like Jordon then he needs to be told to focus on pressure and to just get it to better uses of the ball, if there's no other option then just kick it to space and try to create a stoppage anything is better than what he does.

Ok, so you're saying the ball is touched by a thigh, which is a chunky piece of anatomy, and is travelling at pace, and is touched with enough force that the thigh is seen to move in response, yet the ball does not deviate from its trajectory.

Stop the pressors, Blueballs38 from the internet just disproved Einstein.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

One more on the 'touch', then moving on.

How on earth do they not think to sync the footage. Gives you a three-dimensional view you don't get off one angle.

Also meant to say, na, I wasn't expecting him to criticise him, it was Goody's call to play him after all and expect him to learn forward craft in 4 weeks, just found the whole evolve thing funny, guy is 30 next month, he'll continue to devolve would be far more accurate .
Fair. I think the TMac comment was the most telling. Goodwin will be praying he recaptures something today.

Didn’t learn much last night but not overly disappointed regardless apart from the fact we would’ve stolen it but for Salem’s choke and the ARC being woeful.

It’s just a fact that we’re a tall forward short this year, particularly now Petty who was our only agile option is gone. Grundy didn’t work but they had to try again before finals. At least until Fritsch is back it’s gonna be back on the cycle of running through the different options every week hoping for a flash in the pan.

Thought the goals conceded at the start of the last were so soft. Very disappointed in Gawn’s efforts and although the pattern is clear re when Grundy plays I don’t let Max off the hook for getting towelled up in key moments when he’s in the centre square.

I’d love to see Salem dropped this week for Hibberd, which frees up Bowey to play a distributor role instead of lockdown back. Will never happen though.

Overall I have exactly the same opinion of us I have all year. We’re 4/5th best team, may win one final and may not.

Not impossible we’ll get it right on the day come finals but there’s non evidence across the course of the season we’re on track to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back