Review Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo posters: please refrain from coming into this thread to troll/bait about the score review from last night.

Final warning – infractions will be handed out if this continues.

Thoughts on the game after sleeping on it...

Goody's press conference is so triggering to me. :sweatsmile:

Hard to be 100% sure but it seemed like we went into the game with the same sort of gameplan that beat Carlton earlier in the year. Win the inside F50 count , the territory game, contested possession and defence. If so, Carlton beat us up most of the night at the style it seemed we placed a high emphasis on during the week. It wasn't until we decided to take the game on and with some dare that we looked half decent.

Its the sort of gameplan that tries to turn every game into a coin flip and makes me sad. Far too often it can come down to something out of our control which you saw at the end with the goal ump. I very much hope this was a once off and not an indication of Goody's butthole tightening up.

Thoughts on the game after sleeping on it...

Goody's press conference is so triggering to me. :sweatsmile:

Hard to be 100% sure but it seemed like we went into the game with the same sort of gameplan that beat Carlton earlier in the year. Win the inside F50 count , the territory game, contested possession and defence. If so, Carlton beat us up most of the night at the style it seemed we placed a high emphasis on during the week. It wasn't until we decided to take the game on and with some dare that we looked half decent.

Its the sort of gameplan that tries to turn every game into a coin flip and makes me sad. Far too often it can come down to something out of our control which you saw at the end with the goal ump. I very much hope this was a once off and not an indication of Goody's butthole tightening up.
Didn't watch it, just can't do it. Can you summarise?

Didn't watch it, just can't do it. Can you summarise?

He thought it was a ripping game. - (outside the of the scoreboard being close no it wasn't)
"we take an enormous amount of belief from the game" - probably triggered me the hardest :sweatsmile:
Re Grundy "tough night for all forwards, we didnt have enough entries early, he'll evolve and get better" - ok m8

He thought it was a ripping game. - (outside the of the scoreboard being close no it wasn't)
"we take an enormous amount of belief from the game" - probably triggered me the hardest :sweatsmile:
Re Grundy "tough night for all forwards, we didnt have enough entries early, he'll evolve and get better" - ok m8
Omg that is bloody.... Actually I can't think of the word that describes how irritating and frustrating his statement is. Sometimes I really do wonder if Goody is taking the piss, or he is genuinely a moron.

Sorry you had to sit through that. Thanks for taking one for the team.

One team played like a team trying to make finals and the other played like they’re saving their energy.
You could tell all game Carlton gave absolutely everything whilst it looked like we didn’t give a toss at times. Not worried one bit. Just like their fans last night you can see how desperate they are for finals

One team played like a team trying to make finals and the other played like they’re saving their energy.
You could tell all game Carlton gave absolutely everything whilst it looked like we didn’t give a toss at times. Not worried one bit. Just like their fans last night you can see how desperate they are for finals

saving energy with a top 2 spot on the line....

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Weird comment. If we weren't that desperate to win the game, the whole club might as well pack it up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's one of the more ridiculous coping methods I've seen. Sounds like something a tigers supporter would say

Weird comment. If we weren't that desperate to win the game, the whole club might as well pack it up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Players were absolutely gassed after the game. If we were trying to save energy we would have lost by ten goals.

not too concerned about the performance tbh. Feel the game was lost at selection, our inability to win in the wet is also pretty cooked. I feel alot of Dees fans knew it should have been Tomo back and Smith FWD so it's ******* annoying Simon had to learn that the hard way.

I've never been a Jordan fan, but haven't been as harsh on him as some but he can never play for the Melbourne Football Club again.

I just can't get past the goal umpire calling touched off a complete guess, * the Carlton were the better team sentiment, it was a goal and should have been called as such. I can cop losing, but not like that. ******* joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you’re right, we definitely played like we have it our all.
You could see we had nothing to give from the first bounce…

The copium youre taking is ******* with your mind. If thats true its far more concerning than loss itself.

The copium youre taking is ******* with your mind. If thats true its far more concerning than loss itself.
What hahaha
I felt like we could have given more
Carlton have everything and I felt like we just didn’t give the same Energy as we usually do..

What hahaha
I felt like we could have given more
Carlton have everything and I felt like we just didn’t give the same Energy as we usually do..

If we cant get up for games like this with a top 2 spot up for grabs why would you be confident that finals would be any different?

If we cant get up for games like this with a top 2 spot up for grabs why would you be confident that finals would be any different?
Because that’s how I feel? I don’t feel like is losing last night changes our finals chances at all. When finals comes around it’s a different ball game.

I'm sorry, Grundy slows our game down massively. It's no coincidence that our attacking game resumed as soon he got dropped and disappeared as soon as he was brought back in.

And I'm done with Jordon. I've been patient with him but he has virtually no tricks to his game.
Jordon is vanilla and will explore his options next season most likely going to Essendon. I wanted him out last night so Tomlinson plays back and Smith plays forward. It feels like we want Jordon to stay next season, so we pick me so he'll think he's future is with us.

It might just be that we aren't good in the wet, most if not all were in the wet. Finals are usually dry so I'm still confident.

good- we nearly won and we played like complete s**t.
bad- Jordon, Grundy, Viney, Sparrow, Salem, etc- just too many really poor players making too many mistakes.
ugly- JVR getting his legs taken out was bad enough, but that ******* s**t for brains goal umpire takes the cake.
They missed so many frees for us and the goal umpire got it wrong. However Salem really should've kicked that goal.

Not lurking ….. but just saw the replay on Kayo, if you look at the first replay after the Petraca shot on goal you can clearly see the ball hits Marchbank’s thigh. You see the thigh move. It was a point, umpire actually made the right decision. Nothing worse than controversy to end a game as important as that for both teams. Hopefully that clears that up. Good luck in finals … if it’s not us then please let it be you that beats ******* Collingwood!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back