Review Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo posters: please refrain from coming into this thread to troll/bait about the score review from last night.

Final warning – infractions will be handed out if this continues.

The augurs are pensive. So too the Legion – it’s restless. An Evil long thought extinct or emasculated down to bone has risen from Hell – to the acclaim of Big Jack and Big Dick Pratt (who are domiciled in that fiery domain with red-hot pokers up their clackers). Accompanied by thousands of bogan, riff-raff serfs, the Blue rag-tag army has withered any number of Cannaes in its march to September. Tonight, it faces the Dees in a latter-day Battle of Gaugamala. Victory does not always go to the strong nor the race to the swift. The augurs confer again. No consensus is attained. I hesitate to call this one myself: the Carlton Cheats by 5 points. Share your lamentations after the debacle. But the end is not yet.

Out: Jordan, Grundy
In: Tomlinson, Hibberd

Push Riv into the middle and make Smith sub. Trac/Melksham play tall anyway and JVR can relief ruck for Max.

Jordan simply can't play for Melbourne again.

Death and taxes we were going to lose.

FUGLY: told the Mrs I’m not gonna watch the game tonight because I had a great day and didn’t want to ruin it. Like the idiot I am, I watched the game.

My highlight, Salem's shot from 45 that dropped short.

Special mention to the late goal behind review.

Last edited:

Picked Grundy despite knowing the deleterious effect it has on Gawn and paid the price. A decision that might end up costing us top 4 and a shot at the flag.

Disgraceful by Goodwin. All on him.

I think that has to be it for Grundy just adds nothing but some really bad decisions.

Contrary to most of the posters here I thought Melbourne deserved to win. Carlton just played at an amazing level which I think people are not acknowledging by saying Melbourne did not deserve to win it.

The umpiring was shocking especially that non call on touched. But that is footy sometimes the Umps are on your side and sometimes they are not.

What if I told you Paddy Dow had 80% DE?
twiddles GIF

I think that has to be it for Grundy just adds nothing but some really bad decisions.

Contrary to most of the posters here I thought Melbourne deserved to win. Carlton just played at an amazing level which I think people are not acknowledging by saying Melbourne did not deserve to win it.

The umpiring was shocking especially that non call on touched. But that is footy sometimes the Umps are on your side and sometimes they are not.
At what point did we deserve to win? When we got smashed in inside 50s? When we were only Infront for a brief period? When we blew our chances at the start of the quarter? Carlton owned 95% of that game

Picked Grundy despite knowing the deleterious effect it has on Gawn and paid the price. A decision that might end up costing us top 4 and a shot at the flag.

Disgraceful by Goodwin. All on him.
Lol, not Goody's fault if Max goes to water because another ruck plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 Years of investment and funding into the goal review and we're still where we were 12 years ago

This teams lethargic approach to first halfs and the umpires ******* ruined a perfectly good weekend

At what point did we deserve to win? When we got smashed in inside 50s? When we were only Infront for a brief period? When we blew our chances at the start of the quarter? Carlton owned 95% of that game

I think you want Melbourne to be perfect they don't have to be. Just about every other team that would have been a 40+ to 60+ point loss

So do we think the AFL comes out tomorrow and owns the error, knowing that it will do nothing to impact the result, or do they double-down and defend their archaic technology?

Well it is? Why pick him when you know it ruins him
Lol, what's next TK blaming the umpires?

You pick and choose when to stand for something. If a player can't perform because of another player in the team it ain't the coach.

So do we think the AFL comes out tomorrow and owns the error, knowing that it will do nothing to impact the result, or do they double-down and defend their archaic technology?

I think historically they do own up (like the Geelong one last night). It will not change the result though.

I'm going to say it, Salem's kicking is no where near his best, last few weeks he's kicked to ball to an opposition player under no pressure. Did it again tonight and blew a goal he'd kick at his peak

Love how they are all talking about the 'finger touch' like it happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back