• J. Clarke (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone remember the last time Jayden Short laid a tackle.
Better still, has Jayden Short ever laid a tackle.

That is backing it up, here’s his write up from last weeks game v Carlton.

"It was an interesting day for Noah. Whilst he didn't hit the scoreboard, I was absolutely thrilled with his defensive output. I thought he made our team and those around him better on the day, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of that from him."
I caught the 2nd half of the VFL game too. Cumbo & Hugo were good.

Just finished a replay of the AFL loss to Port.

I think Yze selects MRJ for Lefau, and Graham, as soon as he's half fit.

Going to be a lot of changes down back already. Young and Broad are 'best 22".

Maybe a Kmac 2 or Sonz for Dow

That's your opinion and fair enough, but by the constant complaints by multiple posters regarding KMac , Pickett and a few others it's glaringly obvious that there's an issue and these posters are entitled to voice their opinions. It's a forum regarding our club for us fans and all opinions should be valid unless they're against posting guidelines and rules. Why should you have a say or right over others and to think you have power or superiority over them?

This was your post and it reeks of all the problems of when somebody is on their high horse. You forget supporters are passionate and have no permanent grudge over the club , but just want us to be successful. So they express concerns where they would like to see improvement. Whether they are right is irrelevant bc in the end they don't have any say, so it's just discussion for all of us to read :

RT said:
I'd like to roast some of our 'supporters' for their performances today. 3rd game into Yze reign and the way some of them carried on today, you'd think we were coming off a 3rd straight flag instead of being a team that finished 13th last year. Bagging players for every single error, bagging the coach in his 3rd game, even though we were leading at half time and only 7 points down at 3/4 time. One even walked out 5 minutes into the last saying we were pathetic and that it was just the 2nd game he'd ever left early, FFS mate did you forget some of the performances we had in the mid 2000s under Wallace.
I get that people are allowed to criticize, but bagging out Lynch who is 2 games back from nearly a year out of the game & bagging the coach who is 3 games into his head coaching career are over the top. Also labeling the team pathetic and walking out of Yzes 3rd game in charge is overreacting IMO.

As I said we've had multiple players being brought in and out of the side each week, so getting rid of the whipping boys isn't as easy as some would like. For example we dump KMac & Pickett from the side yesterday and our wings would have been Banks, who performed below KMacs output and maybe Clarke. Down back we'd lost Gibcus Young and Broad from our back line before the game so we need some experience down back so Grimes keeps his spot to provide some leadership & experience for the younger kids brought in to fill the void.

People need to understand that change isn't going to happen overnight. If we load up the side with all the kids and have just a handful of senior players there to play along side them, you know what happens, we end up like WCE or North, where the older blokes look out for themselves and the kids are left to fend for themselves. So Yze has picked teams with a good blend of youth and experience, that has meant we've been able to play somewhat competitive footy against 2 sides that should be fighting for top 4 come the finals after being shown up by a fellow struggler first up.

If Yze is truly about the long term that he says he is about when he does the pressers then I fully expect to see the kids maintaining their spots as the season unfolds and we get a more settled line up from week to week. Like I said back after the first game, I'm holding off until the Melbourne game at least, before I start to become critical about how things are going, but as it stands I don't have much to complain about when it comes to the team and what they are doing on the park in game, outside the first half against the Suns. We've seen an injection of youth over the last 2 weeks, we've seen a better execution of the game plan and produced some exciting footy along the way. Unfortunately we've let ourselves down with ill discipline that has cost us momentum and scoreboard pressure, that has then allowed better teams to punish us.

FWIW, my post had nothing to do with anything that was said on here regarding the game, as when the game is in Melbourne and I can attend, I don't really read much of the forum until I get back home. My post was aimed at fans in the stands, a lot of these fans I've sat near for years and they are your typical bandwagon fans, there when the going is good and the first to be no shows when results aren't going well, basically the vocal minority, that ruin the atmosphere for those who are there through thick and thin.

Lunchtime. Will the big man to improve? While its understandable for his marking touch to be rusty after the time out, ie. zero marks on Sun, it beggars belief that our tallest player with 218 games experience consistently does not get in front in marking contests. He had no hope of even being considered for arm chopping frees, and is easily effectively held back while a third up slips in front to mark. Both tall Kings with less body strength are often in front and even Dixon was regularly in front forcing the defensive punch. Has he lost what mobility he had?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that people are allowed to criticize, but bagging out Lynch who is 2 games back from nearly a year out of the game & bagging the coach who is 3 games into his head coaching career are over the top. Also labeling the team pathetic and walking out of Yzes 3rd game in charge is overreacting IMO.

As I said we've had multiple players being brought in and out of the side each week, so getting rid of the whipping boys isn't as easy as some would like. For example we dump KMac & Pickett from the side yesterday and our wings would have been Banks, who performed below KMacs output and maybe Clarke. Down back we'd lost Gibcus Young and Broad from our back line before the game so we need some experience down back so Grimes keeps his spot to provide some leadership & experience for the younger kids brought in to fill the void.

People need to understand that change isn't going to happen overnight. If we load up the side with all the kids and have just a handful of senior players there to play along side them, you know what happens, we end up like WCE or North, where the older blokes look out for themselves and the kids are left to fend for themselves. So Yze has picked teams with a good blend of youth and experience, that has meant we've been able to play somewhat competitive footy against 2 sides that should be fighting for top 4 come the finals after being shown up by a fellow struggler first up.

If Yze is truly about the long term that he says he is about when he does the pressers then I fully expect to see the kids maintaining their spots as the season unfolds and we get a more settled line up from week to week. Like I said back after the first game, I'm holding off until the Melbourne game at least, before I start to become critical about how things are going, but as it stands I don't have much to complain about when it comes to the team and what they are doing on the park in game, outside the first half against the Suns. We've seen an injection of youth over the last 2 weeks, we've seen a better execution of the game plan and produced some exciting footy along the way. Unfortunately we've let ourselves down with ill discipline that has cost us momentum and scoreboard pressure, that has then allowed better teams to punish us.

FWIW, my post had nothing to do with anything that was said on here regarding the game, as when the game is in Melbourne and I can attend, I don't really read much of the forum until I get back home. My post was aimed at fans in the stands, a lot of these fans I've sat near for years and they are your typical bandwagon fans, there when the going is good and the first to be no shows when results aren't going well, basically the vocal minority, that ruin the atmosphere for those who are there through thick and thin.
It’s all irrelevant what you’ve stated bc fans are passionate and become different people during games and when online directly after them. If you don’t like their attitude you have three options:
A. Stay away from here if it’s too sensitive for you.
B. Start your own Richmond Forum like that moron on PRE and have everyone rubbing your balls otherwise they’ll be kicked off. You will end up with a forum full of bland homogeneous posts to your liking.
C. If you’re on here then learn to respect other people’s views and not to agitate them by criticising them like the original post you made.

Lunchtime. Will the big man to improve? While its understandable for his marking touch to be rusty after the time out, ie. zero marks on Sun, it beggars belief that our tallest player with 218 games experience consistently does not get in front in marking contests. He had no hope of even being considered for arm chopping frees, and is easily effectively held back while a third up slips in front to mark. Both tall Kings with less body strength are often in front and even Dixon was regularly in front forcing the defensive punch. Has he lost what mobility he had?
.....that was second game back. He's was injured early April 2023 and still missed the opening this year because of this injury.

Combined with his age, he needs some time to get back into it. Let's not forget he was in career best form before the injury and in 2022 was best player in the league form before that other injury midyear.

The Yarran trade we lost our early pick, but never had to pay his contract out bc he breached it. This on the other hand has cost us two picks , a huge medical bill and a seven year deal on big coin. Lids did lose his Rolex though.
There was zero possibility he was getting off the ice ... it is possible that the club has got this one right ... and this precautionary arthroscopy is the right step to have Hoppers knee make a full recovery ... he is still young ... much rather have Hopper on the list for the next six years than Dow lol ... he was our best on against both Suns and Blues

Last edited:
Can anyone remember the last time Jayden Short laid a tackle.
Better still, has Jayden Short ever laid a tackle.
Yeah it’s a joke
We are the laziest and weakest tackling team in comp

Our midfield aggression and intent defensively is Hollywood turn a blind eye like

Currently pathetic and a disgrace to the Richmond jumper

I don’t care if Yze is brand new and careful not to upset people but faaaaark me this is just effort
Blow a 🔥🔥🔥 up their asses ffs

Last edited:
The game is just an uncontested mark fest now.

Collingwood had 120 uncontested marks in our practice match.

Gold Coast 107 uncontested marks and Port had 100 uncontested marks.

We also had the lowest tackle count of the year, 32.
Yup!
The Sydney/Bumbers game was zackly that!
Umpires call for ball up and/or award a technical free kick to avoid physical contests...and keep the game moving at all costs...
It was like watching fast break basketball...pfftt...its totally fecked!

Young Back in alongside Miller helps alot with structure.

Those 2 get a whole season now to build some kind if chemistry. Miller making it would be a god send given our list. Miller, Young and Gibcus long term is super flexible. Fingers crossed.

Dusty has to go midfield now as does Bolton, we saw how much better our mix looks with Bolton in there. This opens up a spot for Cumbo, make or break, just play the kid.

PS. Archie May, mid season draftee, get this kid on the list.
Morro did you manage to get to the VFL game against GC on Saturday? Did Achie May look good.
From what i could see of the game, supply into the forward line was not great.

Disagree, he's played some great footy. But a team of 20 year olds gets us nowhere as well. We need to get a balance right. You wouldn't have two kids on both wings. there needs to a degree of common sense amongst the rage.
If the two wingers are making mistakes a kid would then what’s the difference? Wouldn’t you prefer getting game time into the future?

Back