Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As many have said it is painful for all of us . But we are coming from the depths , probably lower than the Mariana Trench. In fact our last few yrs are probably one of the lowest I have seen any AFL side get too. But yesterday for the first time in a long time I could see the future . We are almost back to being an actual team now ,we can score ,and the other team has to at least start to do some homework on us. Because we have chopped and changed coaches so often we are a couple of yrs into yet another five yr plan . Hopefully we get through it this time.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I didn’t get to see much of the first half. As soon as I tuned in, it went downhill at 200 miles/hr.
Perhaps I’m the curse.
Watch the first half if you can. Seriously, you'll feel less s**t about the game.

At one point the commentators were saying stuff like "that is beautiful" about our ball movement from one end of the field to the other.

Watch the first half if you can. Seriously, you'll feel less s**t about the game.

At one point the commentators were saying stuff like "that is beautiful" about our ball movement from one end of the field to the other.

Lyon was almost in tears.

Best footy I’ve seen us play in forever. Might have been followed up with the worst though…
Oh well.

I was one of the biggest voices of despair on here under Noble. We were playing bad footy, the players were confused, and simply weren't building a style that would let us score to be able to compete. It was deflating.

Yes, we've been losing, but I can pretty clearly see what we're building towards and I'm ******* pumped.

I was one of the biggest voices of despair on here under Noble. We were playing bad footy, the players were confused, and simply weren't building a style that would let us score to be able to compete. It was deflating.

Yes, we've been losing, but I can pretty clearly see what we're building towards and I'm ******* pumped.
Yeah it’s a big difference. There is a clear plan and vision on field now. It’s not always going to work, but it will, it’ll just take time and games to get there. Continuity is the key.

This. He also needs to see who can stand up when the pressure is at its hottest.

He did the same at Hawthorn early days as well. Remember him leaving skinny kids on monsters (Rocca maybe?).

He’s playing the long game.
Clarko knows you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.
Think About It GIF by Identity

-The Tassie team, you must be so proud even though your focus is now on the kangas
-How do you think they'll build their list? How long will it take for them to get really competitive, like in contention?
-The giants! What a great story, you must've been impressed by what you saw last week?
-freo the big improvers? Worried about your crowd numbers?
-Last second question about George Wardlaw cut off as the Manshake then Tradie undies ads kick in

I travelled into the future and listened so you don't have to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-The Tassie team, you must be so proud even though your focus is now on the kangas
-How do you think they'll build their list? How long will it take for them to get really competitive, like in contention?
-The giants! What a great story, you must've been impressed by what you saw last week?
-freo the big improvers? Worried about your crowd numbers?
-Last second question about George Wardlaw cut off as the Manshake then Tradie undies ads kick in

I travelled into the future and listened so you don't have to.
Thanks

As many have said it is painful for all of us . But we are coming from the depths , probably lower than the Mariana Trench. In fact our last few yrs are probably one of the lowest I have seen any AFL side get too. But yesterday for the first time in a long time I could see the future . We are almost back to being an actual team now ,we can score ,and the other team has to at least start to do some homework on us. Because we have chopped and changed coaches so often we are a couple of yrs into yet another five yr plan . Hopefully we get through it this time.

Nah, 10 years into a rebuild according to Cornes Francis

Reading between the lines I think Sellers won’t play 1’s this week
If you take Kal Dawson as precedent last year, he hd to show an extended run of form in the VFL to get a game, and I dare say the same thing will apply to Sellers; 6 on the weekend is great, but it was against one of the weaker standalone sides. Some form against afl-listed players will be a better indicator

Last edited:
Reading between the lines I think Sellers won’t play 1’s this week
Maybe but maybe he was downplaying it so they can announce it later in the week with one of the videos that they love doing so much announcing a players debut.

If you take Kal Dawson as precedent last year, he hd to show an extended run of form in the VFL to get a game, and I dare say the same thing will apply to Sellers; 6 on the weekend is great, but it was against one of the weaker standalone sides. Some form against afl-listed players will be a better indicator
When can we expect Colemans-Jone to do that?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back