Status
Not open for further replies.

coldog

Debutant
Mar 27, 2006
you cant see me
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just thought if anyone would be interested in talking about Division 2 of the WRFL as the other WRFL thread is 99% Div. 1 talk. If you wanna go and talk Div 2 WRFL footy go ahead.

Todays Results from www.wrfl.asn.au

DIVISION 2

ALBANVALE 2.4 8.8 12.11 19.15.129
WYNDHAMVALE FALCONS 4.1 6.3 8.5 11.5.71

Best Alb Henderson, Spatolisano, Mitchell
WF S.Cook, Wood, Nicholls

Goals Alb Henderson 4, Basaraba 3
WF Crea 3, S.Cook, Smith 2

COBURG DISTRICTS 1.6 4.7 8.9 10.12.72
GLENORDEN 4.8 8.14 12.18 20.21.141

Best CD Collins, Farchione, Cali
GO Innella, Johns, McDonald

Goals CD Bertelli 3, Triantafylidis, Farchione 2
GO Menzel, Lovell, Johns, Derrich 3 Innella, Bunworth 2

DEER PARK 6.4 13.5 17.8 23.14.152
BRAYBROOK 1.1 3.3 5.5 6.8.44

Best DP Robinson, Blythe, Belshaw
Bray Skrijel, Serrano, Danskin

Goals DP Rizzo 5, Alducci, Blythe 4, Catterall, Buhaja 4
Bray Longeri 2

NORTH FOOTSCRAY 3.5 10.6 12.7 14.9.93
NORTH SUNSHINE 4.1 6.2 8.2 11.7.73

Best NF McZohan, Williams, Phillips
NS Horne, Smolinski, Telfer

Goals NF Lucas 4, Williams, Desilva 3
` NS Clarke, Nadielski, Stone, White 2

SUNSHINE HEIGHTS 4.2 10.5 13.8 17.10.112
GLADSTONE PARK 3.4 5.5 13.7 15.9.99

Best SH Weston, Greto, Bugeja
GP Brown, Buckingham, Orr

Goals SH Greto 8, Weston 3, Hill 2
GP Shephard 6, Orr, Harrison 2

CENTRAL ALTONA 5.9 13.9 16.13 22.14.146
WESTERN MAGPIES 4.3 7.7 13.9 16.13.109

Best CA A.Houli, Vucica, A ElHouli
WM Garvey, Lawrie, Cardwell

Goals CA Vucica, ElHawli, Taleb 4, Gurrera 3
WM Paone 3, Cardwell, Lindsay, Page, Thomas 2

WEST FOOTSCRAY 11.4 24.6 39.14 51.17.323
BRUNSWICK POWER 2.1 3.2 5.3 8.3.51

Best WF S.Lane, McGhie, Baines
BP Yates, Noonan, Briggs

Goals WF Lane 16, McGhie 12, McNally 5, McFadyen 5
BP Ellis, Noonan 2

I'm very interested in getting this thread up and running. Interesting to see Albanvale knock off Wyndhamvale who were unbeaten to date. They must be doing something right down at cobra land. Is Glenordan the side to beat? Are Deer Park as good as what they think they are? Do west rely on too few to get the job done? Would be interested on some feedback. 50 goals in a senior footy game. Pretty rare these days.

glenorden have been the real deal in divvy 2 for ages, its about time they stepped up and went up to division 1. no more premature finals departures.

Glenorden the real deal? Your kidding arn't you. Yes they have been the most dominant second division team for some time ( win/loss ratio ) but they are a long long way behind a first division club ( Seddon aside ) The fact they can't win a grannie speaks volumes for thier desire to make it into division 1. Altona is the only club that has the infastructure to support a division 1 team. Even though they may finish bottom two they are still that far ahead with thier junior numbers and development.

Its about time the league split into three divisions for the sake of the better teams in second divison. One of the ways for the top teams to improve would be to only play teams of simialr strenghts, the gap between the top and bottom eight is far too great. For example the team that finishes eigth usally has lost more games that it wins and still gets to play finals??? Hardly a reward for good performances.

The lane that kicked 16 for WF. Is that Tyson lane? Also, can anyone tell me how Scott Balshaw is travelling at Deer Park?

No its not Tyson Lane,its the old war horse Stephen Lane formally of central Altona. Steve is around 38 years old usally gets a bag against the weaker teams. As far as I know he son also plays in the same team.

Scott is still running around at Deer park, only just getting a kick at this stage of the year.

I got this thread up and running because I have seen a fair bit of Div 2 footy as i know someone who plays for the Western Magpies. They're struggling at the moment and they gave a good account of themselves against Central Altona on the Weekend. Anyway on the Central Altona update the game was played in good spirits and there were no problems, all they need is a major sponsor and some good players and they'll get better.

Im suprised Magpies were able to get so close after that got flogged by 40+ goals the week before.... did they pick up some new players during the week?

No, but they played a couple of young guys from the U18s this week as they are short a few players, the two that played were fantastic. What the club needs is a few more guys to come down and play and they have an excellent U18s team so hopefully they will stay around and play seniors next year.

On Saturday at 3/4 time whey were down by about 3 goals, but couldnt get any closer. Hopefully that continues next week against North Footscray.

coldog said:
On Saturday at 3/4 time whey were down by about 3 goals, but couldnt get any closer. Hopefully that continues next week against North Footscray.

North Footscray have been in some pretty good form so far this year. I would expect them to account for the maggies quite easily.

Look out for montebello in the twos for North Footscray (No. 40), from what i hear he has been burning.

Travvy43 said:
North Footscray have been in some pretty good form so far this year. I would expect them to account for the maggies quite easily.

Look out for montebello in the twos for North Footscray (No. 40), from what i hear he has been burning.
Roo boy has been burning up the two's all his adult life, was a handy player as a kid, went backwards from then on.

Travvy43, don't get caught by Raza posting on this thread, he gets very upset if we lower ourselves ( he's opinion ) to this thread.lol:D

hey good idea for a thread was a bit sick of only reading mainly div 1 news on the other thread. Can anyone tell me if west foots are any chance of talking it one step further from last year. After the performance they put up against altona in the prelim last year you wouldve thought they would be flying this year, and by the look of the clearance list they have lost a few but gained many, surely bones would have recruited in areas where recruiting was needed? havent been able to get to a game this year but looking in the paper there are a couple of teams that are going good and may leave west to be the bridesmaid again? anyone seen them play and knows how they are going to go come final and weather they have a side capable of winning the flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

obe1 said:
Scott Balshaw.... ask the Boundary umpires... they should know, he spends so much time next to them!!

That guy is the biggest seagull in the league.

Deer Park are even surprising themselves at the minute. New coach, lots of new players, no one really knew what to expect.

daddy_4_eyes said:
That guy is the biggest seagull in the league.

Deer Park are even surprising themselves at the minute. New coach, lots of new players, no one really knew what to expect.

Not fit enough, fast enough or TOUGH enough to be there when it counts... PRETENDERS

Haven't seen west as yet but would have thought the loss to Wyndhamvale would have hurt them a coupl of weeks ago. I think they were over-run in the last quarter with Wyndhamvale kicking seven goals.

bigdog08 said:
hey good idea for a thread was a bit sick of only reading mainly div 1 news on the other thread. Can anyone tell me if west foots are any chance of talking it one step further from last year. After the performance they put up against altona in the prelim last year you wouldve thought they would be flying this year, and by the look of the clearance list they have lost a few but gained many, surely bones would have recruited in areas where recruiting was needed? havent been able to get to a game this year but looking in the paper there are a couple of teams that are going good and may leave west to be the bridesmaid again? anyone seen them play and knows how they are going to go come final and weather they have a side capable of winning the flag?

I hope they consider a move to skinners reserve, their ground and faciliities quite simply should have div one footy played on it.

Travvy43 said:
I hope they consider a move to skinners reserve, their ground and faciliities quite simply should have div one footy played on it.
agree with u there trav, it would be better than playing on that patch of grass near the whitten oval, but, they play the ground well, and should cement a top 3 spot for sure. didnt they play afl practice matches at skiner not too long ago?

beefeater1000 said:
agree with u there trav, it would be better than playing on that patch of grass near the whitten oval, but, they play the ground well, and should cement a top 3 spot for sure. didnt they play afl practice matches at skiner not too long ago?

about time someone put a divi 2 thread together. afl games were played there but about at least 10-12 years ago, been used for the world game of late being a west supporter i would hate to see them leave the quarry

My North said:
Brunswick Power cant be that bad????? or are they???
half of the ones side , has to play 2 games (both 1's and resssies) the club just needs some sponsors or even a juniors side(s) to give the club some support, they give it a fair crack with what they have though.

obe1 said:

Glenorden the real deal? Your kidding arn't you. Yes they have been the most dominant second division team for some time ( win/loss ratio ) but they are a long long way behind a first division club ( Seddon aside ) The fact they can't win a grannie speaks volumes for thier desire to make it into division 1. Altona is the only club that has the infastructure to support a division 1 team. Even though they may finish bottom two they are still that far ahead with thier junior numbers and development.

Its about time the league split into three divisions for the sake of the better teams in second divison. One of the ways for the top teams to improve would be to only play teams of simialr strenghts, the gap between the top and bottom eight is far too great. For example the team that finishes eigth usally has lost more games that it wins and still gets to play finals??? Hardly a reward for good performances.
The point about the team that finishes 8th if thats so then thats not right, and that reflects on the whole league. I agree 3 divisons theres new teams popping up is there?

Mudflap said:
Lane is Steve Lane. Played at Central Altona before West.
Scott Balshaw.... ask the Boundary umpires... they should know, he spends so much time next to them!!
Has he got over getting dropped fromthe Colts on finals eve yet, lucky he got that far.
I thought you should ask the car park attentant not the boundry ump about his footy progress

Travvy43 said:
It is the windyist ground of all time and coldest but is a waste to the WRFL i know when players play at Yarravilles ground they get excited because of the big grandstand and its the same with Skinner.
Do they even play finals there anymore?

The 3 divisions will eventuate in the next few years. The league are waiting for Caroline Springs and Point Cook to get their senior teams together, while trying to convince Werrbiee Centrals to play back in our league (unlikely).

Surely this is the year for Glen Orden, they were challenged by Deer Park a couple of weeks ago but held their nerve and no-one else has come close. It will be either Wests or Deer Park to play-off against Orden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back