Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

Remove this Banner Ad

Additionally, after watching that, kudos to Goodwin. Roosy laid the foundation, but Goody is growing an exceptional culture. Displays genuine care for every player on our list.
Roos was never able to land us a big fish. I reckon his pitch would have been to sell himself. Goodwin has now done it in consecutive years.

Players warm to humility, something that Goody has in spades, whereas Roos wouldn't know the meaning of word.

Roos was never able to land us a big fish. I reckon his pitch would have been to sell himself. Goodwin has now done it in consecutive years.

Players warm to humility, something that Goody has in spades, whereas Roos wouldn't know the meaning of word.

Roos got us Bernie Vince who was an intangible influence on the culture change of this group.

Roos got us Bernie Vince who was an intangible influence on the culture change of this group.
Yeah, I'd say Roos' inability to land a big fish was more to do with trepidation around going to such a poor club for the previous decade.

Much easier sell when the club trajectory was clearly into finals and grand finals.

Yeah, I'd say Roos' inability to land a big fish was more to do with trepidation around going to such a poor club for the previous decade.

Much easier sell when the club trajectory was clearly into finals and grand finals.

Paul Roos also never believed in the big fish policy, he preferred battlers and hard workers over expensice polish

Paul Roos also never believed in the big fish policy, he preferred battlers and hard workers over expensice polish
That's BS. We had salary cap space and were into the likes of Dangerfield and Prestia, just to name 2.

Also, it was Vince's relationship with Goody that got him to Melbourne. Just listen to his retirement speech.

That's BS. We had salary cap space and were into the likes of Dangerfield and Prestia, just to name 2.

Also, it was Vince's relationship with Goody that got him to Melbourne. Just listen to his retirement speech.
I'll partly agree with you on Big Fish, we were after Parker too

But just a fact check. Vince joined Melbourne in 2014, Goodwin wasn't appointed until 2015. No doubt he loves Goody but he wasn't the reason for coming to Melbourne initially

What the * are you on about? Goodwin signed for Melbourne 12 months after Vince

Also danger was always going to Geelong, we offered pick 2 and 3 for him which would have been Brayshaw and Petracca.

Prestia is ******* s**t and probably wouldn't get a game in our midfield, he was also traded in the off season goody took over. What a moronic post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

Also impressed at how Tradio asked May whether they’ve all left because the club sold a false vision, and he just said ‘we’re the ones out there failing to win games, it’s our fault too’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back