Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve seen a noticeable change in his aggression, effort and intensity. He had some poor moments in defense but Hurley and Hooker also had their poor moments aswell. No problems with him staying in the side aswell as staying down back
He actually has the aerobic capacity to make second and third efforts now. Putting him with Hooker, Hurley and Gleeson down back isn't a great mix as they all like to zone off and intercept. With Ambrose coming in for Hurley it should give us a better balance back there.

The criticism seems strange considering Hurley has had 1 million uncontested marks taken on him in the forward fifty going back to the West Coast game and there has been little made of it. I’d prefer someone who isn’t on the oppositions most dangerous forward to be zoning off.

Was credited with 7 spoils in the third quarter alone.

At the risk of going against character and trying to be glass half-full about Hurley's injury (which is objectively s**t news), it does at least present Francis with an opportunity to really own a more prominent role in the defence.

Since switching back again over the last few weeks, I think he's looked a little tentative at times which was still evident against the Roos. That's probably fair enough since he's been mucked about a bit. He is much better these days at spoiling as the above shows but I would like to see him back himself and follow his marking instincts a bit more.

This could be a really big few weeks for him.

Spot on Frenchie, happy Bastille Day to you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought he played his best game of the year. I've always thought that in many ways he's the next Hurley and can get a bit lost when he's playing with Hurley and Hooker. Rock solid defensively and some great offensive plays as well, including that very nice little spin and delivery which I believe lead to a goal.

Has been in very good form over the past four weeks. Has finally found the form that he finished last year in. Back in defence and doing a great job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hurley injury has been a blessing in disguise. Francis has looked more comfortable by the week

Massively so. Hurley has been in bad form since the West Coast game and has been making some really bad errors every game going back to the Anzac Day missed spoil.

Was huge.

Had moment's in the game when he was sucking in air but every time he had to go he went and he went ******* hard.

There was a great moment when he was giving s**t to Jenkins in the goal square after one of our goals as well because Jenkins squibbed a contest allowing Francis to mark and start the chain toward our goal.

The way he ran all the way from half back with out getting the ball until he was up at half forward and kicked too Guelfi is what we haven’t seen from his game till then. Before he would of stopped running

His highlight of the year imo. Yes that blind turn was magic, but it's this proper hard working stuff that will make him the player we want/need him to become.

Another thing worth mentioning over the last 3 or 4 weeks is how many third up spoils he has been making. Is working into some really good form.

Another thing worth mentioning over the last 3 or 4 weeks is how many third up spoils he has been making. Is working into some really good form.

Just re-watched the game, and he should earn 15 golden fist points this round..

And...how was his blind turn in the third?

Not sure if anyone else saw the down-the-ground vision of him running & directing traffic before he got the last handball & passed off to Guelfi who goaled...just shows how smart this guy is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back