Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had a disappointing season and another guy that hasn't stepped up once the stars died off. He squibs contests and falls over like's got one leg. Needs to be traded out as he still has currency. He's worth nothing to us.
To think he’s our vice captain speaks volume of where we are as a club! I know some here would say he was a bnf winner not long ago but now it seems he is not interested to put the hard yards and is being exposed for being nothing more than a long kick.

He's had a disappointing season and another guy that hasn't stepped up once the stars died off. He squibs contests and falls over like he's got one leg. Needs to be traded out as he still has currency. He's worth nothing to us.

I have never seen anyone fall over as much as he does. He struggled today (may still be having calf issues) but why was he on Freo's quickest player. Not smart.

He’s been out for awhile hasn’t he ?
Yeah, but people expect him (anyone) to come back in, have 30 touches and 700m gained and maybe snag a goal or two.

agree. Put Rioli back and Short forward.
He played a selfish game yesterday.
I think he's just out of form and the injury layoff doesn't help. If he didn't slip over twice at crucial moments yesterday we probably wouldn't be talking about him.

I'd like to see Kaleb Smith given a run back there and Short out makes the most sense ATM.

I think he's just out of form and the injury layoff doesn't help. If he didn't slip over twice at crucial moments yesterday we probably wouldn't be talking about him.

I'd like to see Kaleb Smith given a run back there and Short out makes the most sense ATM.
Id drop Campbell, play short on a HFF or wing and bring Smith in for a run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short is one of those players who looks awesome in a side brimming with talent, but awful in a team bereft of it. Nothing personal against him, there are plenty of them in the AFL. We should still trade him to a contender and get whatever we can.

I’d like to see him on a HBF in the VFL next week. He was farken putrid last night. Refused to defend
Been coasting for awhile now. He's just another bloke who was at the right place at the right time in our 4 year dynasty. LOL I thought dynasties went for decades and centuries.

Trade him out before the little cute possum is worth nothing. Doesn’t give a heck, squibs contests, falls over , doesn’t run hard enough and wouldn’t know what a real tackle is. List clogger material.
LOL

B&F in a premiership year is a list clogger.... hahahahahahahahaha

That was four years ago. Have you watched him the last 12 months? Woewodin won a Brownlow medal and did nothing afterwards. Laughable comment going on old past form as it's like backing Vow and Declare the years after it won the 2019 Cup.

HE'S A HBF THAT CAN EASILY BE REPLACED AND IF WE CAN TRADE HIM FOR A LOW PICK WHILST HE HAS VALUE STILL TAKE IT AND RUN .THIS IS CALLED SMART BUSINESS TO ME.

Last edited:
That was four years ago. Have you watched him the last 12 months? Woewodin won a Brownlow medallist and did nothing afterwards. Laughable comment going on old past form as it's like backing Vow and Declare the years after it won the 2019 Cup.

HE'S A HBF THAT CAN EASILY BE REPLACED AND IF WE CAN TRADE HIM FOR A LOW PICK WHILST HE HAS VALUE STILL TAKE IT AND RUN .THIS IS CALLED SMART BUSINESS TO ME.
Mate, I can agree he's not playing well, no actual argument there. And I realise the flag was 4 years ago so form lines don't just 'stay' with a player... And I'm not a massive Woewodin fan, but he was big for collingwood for a year or two, he did fall off the edge of a cliff form wise though.

But the exaggerated "List clogger (or Spud or all the other usual terms you use to describe our players)" is drastic overkill.

The you say you want to trade him because it's good business. Which other club is buying a "List Clogger" then...?

I actually like your passion, but the way you turn on (our) AFL listed players is unreal.

Mate, I can agree he's not playing well, no actual argument there. And I realise the flag was 4 years ago so form lines don't just 'stay' with a player... And I'm not a massive Woewodin fan, but he was big for collingwood for a year or two, he did fall off the edge of a cliff form wise though.

But the exaggerated "List clogger (or Spud or all the other usual terms you use to describe our players)" is drastic overkill.

The you say you want to trade him because it's good business. Which other club is buying a "List Clogger" then...?

I actually like your passion, but the way you turn on (our) AFL listed players is unreal.
He's a list clogger bc he offers nothing with the current situation of our team and is of only assistance for us moving forward if he was traded out. Oskar Baker and Caleb Daniels are harder at it and more gut running than this guy and they can't get a game for the Dogs. It just shows you where our list is at if we think this bloke is best 22. If players are on big bucks and long contracts then they should perform otherwise they're list cloggers. You turn up to work on big coin and do bugger all and see how long you last. Short was only good bc like many now had A grade quality around him which we won't have for awhile now so a trade would be best for him and our future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back