Preview 1st Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles, Saturday 16th September, Spotless Stadium, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win tonight however I thought west coast applied little to no pressure, still you can only beat what's put in front of you. As for lids, if this game was a normal home and away game I wouldn't expect much vitriol towards him or if it was it would be good natured. However with the huge stakes in this game we will try and create the most hostile environment you can imagine and he will get booed along with a host of your players. Don't take it personally, we would be rabid to whoever we played next week.
Dont doubt the boos but I actually think the pressure will be well and truly on your 22 next week from your large fanbase after 30 years of dissapointment. Will your lads be up to it?

Dont doubt the boos but I actually think the pressure will be well and truly on your 22 next week from your large fanbase after 30 years of dissapointment. Will your lads be up to it?
Yep agree pressure on us, we are favourites for this game and will be interesting to see how we handle the expectation that goes along with it. We have handled it well all year and if we bring the same heat we brought against the cats we'll win however whether we can replicate that we'll know within the first 5 mins.

Went.

Sat members nth-wst flank.
Best you guys have played since before they byes , the loss loast week was probably the 1 you had to have.
Alerted you to the areas that needed work and you adjusted accordingly.

So clean
The " Run & Carry "

Fantastic stadium.
Some ******* top GWS lassies in the members too might i add.

Met a bloke named Buddy ( also a Crows/Gwsfan from Adelaide ) , top bloke , told him to join BF

All the best next week.

GO THE G-MEN.

So with the crowd numbers I think this shows that we lost definitely have a lot of "multi sport" members. Which is great as that is what the club needed to start turning people to the game.

However when are we going to get our own loyal fans.

It is very clear that many fans chose the NRL and the soccer over the footy.

Swans fans don't do this.

This is a major issue we need to fix

What is more concerning is that of the 14 000 there today a good 5000 were Eagles supporters. So that leaves 9000 and bus loads came up from Canberra. That really doesnt leave a lot.

If you can't get them to come to a final what can you do ?

And my question about the GF is a valid one. What happens if we make it ? Of those 9000 today how many are realistically going to go ? I will certainly be there, but it is a concern that there is already to that of "breaking bad crowd records" today.

Anyway the reason I am talking like this is that I think we beat the tigers next week. And my question will be answered

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Positives:
+ Fun watching the crowd yell "give it to Stevie"

+ Patton with the strong hands

+ Greene was great as always

Negatives:
- MOTH CITY. Too many damn moths at the stadium!

- Another blowout. I was hoping for a much closer game.

So with the crowd numbers I think this shows that we lost definitely have a lot of "multi sport" members. Which is great as that is what the club needed to start turning people to the game.

What is more concerning is that of the 14 000 there today a good 5000 were Eagles supporters. So that leaves 9000 and bus loads came up from Canberra. That really doesnt leave a lot.

And my question about the GF is a valid one. What happens if we make it ? Of those 9000 today how many are realistically going to go ? I will certainly be there, but it is a concern that there is already to that of "breaking bad crowd records" today.

Anyway the reason I am talking like this is that I think we beat the tigers next week. And my question will be answered

Patience mate. This is a great club building something special. Three branded teams, all great product and a lot of young families taking notice. This will build like an exponential curve, mark my words.

I think our cultivated primary demographic (young families in western Sydney) are not yet welded on enough to shell out minimum $200 for a night at the footy yet. That will change but it will take time and wishing and a hoping wont make it happen sooner tbh.
Agreed if we make the GF we will be probably 2k vs 50k, but I believe we would have the neutrals.
This is a startup, we have to accept what that means for now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question would it be easier catching a train or driving in tonight?

I live close enough to Central nowadays.

I drove
Worst the traffic got was on the M4 between the Silverwater rd on rap and the Hill Rd off ramp.
Soon as i turned onto Hill rd it was 3 minutes and i was in th P1k , arrived about 6.20 , another 3 mins to a spot , 7 min walk to Spotless.

Thenwhen we were leaving it was out in LESS time than it took to get in.

Crazy good

Went.

Sat members nth-wst flank.
Best you guys have played since before they byes , the loss loast week was probably the 1 you had to have.
Alerted you to the areas that needed work and you adjusted accordingly.

So clean
The " Run & Carry "

Fantastic stadium.
Some ******* top GWS lassies in the members too might i add.

Met a bloke named Buddy ( also a Crows/Gwsfan from Adelaide ) , top bloke , told him to join BF

All the best next week.

GO THE G-MEN.
Thanks for your kind words. :D

I think our cultivated primary demographic (young families in western Sydney) are not yet welded on enough to shell out minimum $200 for a night at the footy yet. That will change but it will take time and wishing and a hoping wont make it happen sooner tbh.
Agreed if we make the GF we will be probably 2k vs 50k, but I believe we would have the neutrals.

Agreed its a cost thing and the AFL need to review why there is such a price hike, 55k at the MCG on friday night is not a great crowd either. The number of our memebers that entered the ballot for last year's GF tickets was quite low but when its $2-400 just for a seat, its hard to get families to spend that kind of money as well as transport and accomadation.

I think the club needs to stop giving out too many free tickets during the year. It really doesn't give a good reflection on what the growth is really like.

So if our crowds averaged 5k for regular season and then 14k for a final would look really positive.

Actually..... I was thinking I reckon we barrack hard for Adelaide

We have much better chance of getting the neutrals on our side if not playing a Melbourne club

West Coast beat Port Adelaide in Adelaide with 8 bus loads of supprters and going through the stats not one supporter had a score involvement. Will only take a few minutes at the most for your boys to settle in. Good luck hope you smack them.

Special mention to Lachie Whitfield tonight. Thought he played terrific.
So happy to see him out there after half time. I was really worried after seeing him flat on the ground and stumbling off.

I think the club needs to stop giving out too many free tickets during the year. It really doesn't give a good reflection on what the growth is really like.

So if our crowds averaged 5k for regular season and then 14k for a final would look really positive.

But those free tickets help convert people into three game memberships, which help convert them into full memberships, of which I'm sure you're fully aware.

Remember the first year you played us in Melbourne. I saw a mum & dad with their 2 kids. Giants hats, jumpers, scarves & flags. Think we beat you by about 19 goals. But my admiration grew that day for Giant supporters.

Hope a few of you can attend next week and there will be alot of opposition supporters in your camp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back