San Diego 17, Carolina 6
Miami 31, St. Louis 14
Minnesota 20, Tennessee 3
New England 13, N.Y. Jets 7
Green Bay 41, Dallas 20
New Orleans 31, Oakland 26
Arizona 25, Seattle 17
Cincinnati 23, Denver 10

Some tremendously crappy results there, with the exception of the Saints getting a win - the NFC South looked like a strong div before the season, now it looks as though whichever terd floats to the top is going to be a playoff terd.

hat 8/72 - 62/549
runmachine 7/51 - 65/543
showbag 7/55- 62/537
marcuz 7/56 - 63/526
balmain 8/50 - 61/519
coasting 7/43 - 61/508
dave 7/61 - 66/499
phat 8/49 - 61/498
morpheus 6/46 - 60/490
woodson 5/36 - 57/479
jeffdunne 7/50 - 61/476
ndg 7/43 - 59/475
notme 6/43 - 56/461
idiot 7/49 - 56/442
coolaroo 5/45 - 52/433

Fingers crossed I haven't got any stuffed up this week for the first time - not bloody likely! (Check em).

Onto this weeks games.

Arizona at Buffalo
Baltimore at Philadelphia
Cincinnati at Tennessee
Detroit at Dallas
Green Bay at Washington
Indianapolis at Kansas City
Jacksonville at Houston
N.Y. Giants at Minnesota
Atlanta at Denver
Carolina at Seattle
New England at Pittsburgh
Oakland at San Diego
San Francisco at Chicago
Miami at N.Y. Jets

Open date: Cleveland, New Orleans, St. Louis, Tampa Bay

Good tipping.

:)

Re: NFL tipping week 8

I'm feeling much better after seeing those results. Just when you think you've worked teams out, they go and pull one out of the bag. WTF happened with Denver? :(

And NDG, it could just be the Saints year to pinch a playoff birth. Would be rather ironic after the panther and bucs teams of recent seasons, that the NFL's worst defence could win this division. Long way to go I know, but it wouldn't take much improvement for them to claim it.

JeffDunne said:
I'm feeling much better after seeing those results. Just when you think you've worked teams out, they go and pull one out of the bag. WTF happened with Denver? :(

And NDG, it could just be the Saints year to pinch a playoff birth. Would be rather ironic after the panther and bucs teams of recent seasons, that the NFL's worst defence could win this division. Long way to go I know, but it wouldn't take much improvement for them to claim it.

Haslett is confident we'll make the playoffs, I'm not, tho our draw doesn't look that bad compared to others.

A good thing is we still have play the Panthers & Falcons twice and the Bucs once, which are teams in our divisions.

We have to do something about our defense...

Re: Steel Curtain blueprint

morpheus said:
We have to do something about our defense...

...man, how times have changed, I recall in the early 90's that the Saints were watertight in D....virtually impossible to score against. Pat Swilling was one MEAN BAD SICK MUTHA that made sure nobody got thru & were very turnover hungry.

morpheus, Haslett has to be the supreme optimist. I don't know if you visit may Saints forums, but he's quotes have become legendary. King of the understatement.

The Saints defence is shocking not because of talent or lack of. Charles Grant is a sack machine, and offensive lines that don't pay him due respect will come unstuck. But Darren Howard needs to lift. How they made him a franchise player is beyond me. He needs to look at what the Jets DE's are doing. When Abrahams is getting double-teamed, Ellis takes advantage. To be fair, Howards season got off to a slow start through injury, but he needs to lift and become more aggresive if the defense is going to improve.

The secondary though is where the real problems are. Now Hodge is back it is looking a little better, but Cie Grant is proving hard to cover (huge things were expected of him). Watson, Ruff and Rodgers are the guys who really need to lift and start making some big plays. Once the CB position settles down, the safety's should improve. But personally, I'd switch Jones to strong saftey and let Mitchell play as the free safety.

As bad as the defence is or has been, our divisional rivals don't exactly have offenses that put the fear of god into you. Atlanta is the only one that has a QB of any quality, but I still don't rate Vick as a passer. But if we are to be any shot of beating the Falcons, we need to improve against the run. If we can shut that down, Vick has shown he'll make the turnovers. Still a long way to go, and a win over the Raiders is hardly anything to get excited about, but it shows that if the defence can keep a team withing reach, the offense (or special teams) will find ways to score.

Damn!! This year is getting harder to pick by the week.
14 Seattle Seahawks
13 Philadelphia Eagles
12 Denver Broncos
11 Minnesota Vikings
10 San Diego Chargers
9 New York Jets
8 Buffalo Bills
7 Tennessee Titans
6 Dallas Cowboys
5 New England Patriots
4 Green Bay Packers
3 Houston Texans
2 Chicago Bears
1 Indianapolis Colts

Relatively good round for me. Only got 7 correct, but 5 of those were in my top half.

14. NY Jets
13. San Diego
12. Philadelphia
11. Seattle
10. Minnesota
9. New England
8. Tennessee
7. Chicago
6. Jacksonville
5. Detroit
4. Denver
3. Green Bay (which means Kerry's going to win!)
2. Buffalo
1. Indianapolis

Well, what a turn up for the books, it was a crazy week, yho i tipped DEN (5) from the start of the game I was cheering on CIN. it was a good game to watch, great D by CIN

56/461 with 6/43 last week, almost matches my Weeks #2 and #6 debacles

Ahh wel, lets get #8 over and done with.....

1: ARI, BUF have proved they need at least 4 losses b4 they can win ONE Game
2: DAL, DET, proved they CAN win on the road this year - but not this one
3: JAX, HOU proved they can mix it, but will come unglued here
4: IND, KC was a fluke waiting to happen last week
5: NYG, MIN has had trouble with PHI and HOU and will here too
6: BALT, what can I say about PHI? or BALT for that matter?
7: TEN, CIN played VERY well against DEN, so they will lose
8: GB,, too bad tis ain't on MNF, otherwise it will affect the election
9 ATL, both DEN and ATL got punished last week, ATL will recover
10: SEA, can't see any good coming from CAR
11: NE, not even the JETS could stop them, can't see PITT doing so either
12:SD, OAK are just as bad as BUF
13: SF, so I think this must mean CHI is in with some hope
14:NYJ, got done by 6 points by NE, MIA has two chances, BUCKLEYS and NONE

8 of these tips I have reversed from my draft selections

good luck to all

3. Arizona
5. Philadelphia
2. Cincinnati
4. Detroit
9. Green Bay
8. Indianapolis
7. Houston
1. Minnesota
13. Denver
12. Seattle
6. New England
14. San Diego
10. San Francisco
11. N.Y. Jets

14. Philadelphia
13. San Diego
12. Denver
11. Seattle
10. NY Jets
9. Kansas City
8. San Fancisco
7. Green Bay
6. Tennessee
5. Jacksonville
4. NY Giants
3. Buffalo
2. Pittsburgh
1. Detroit

14 - Philadelphia Eagles
13 - New York Jets
12 - New England Patriots
11 - Seattle Seahawks
10 - Detroit Lions
9 - San Diego Chargers
8 - Buffalo Bills
7 - Minnesota Vikings
6 - Denver Broncos
5 - Indianapolis Colts
4 - Chicago Bears
3 - Jacksonville Jaguars
2 - Cincinnati Bengals
1 - Washington Redskins

14 New York Jets
13 Philadelphia
12 Seattle
11 Minnesota
10 Denver
9 Tennessee
8 Buffalo
7 Chicago
6 Washington
5 New England
4 San Diego
3 Dallas
2 Kansas City
1 Jacksonville

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 - San Diego
13 - Minnesota
12 - Denver
11 - Seattle
10 - Eagles
9 - Jets
8 - Titans
7 - Green Bay
6 - Chicago
5 - New England
4 - Kansas City
3 - Buffalo
2 - Dallas
1 - Houston

14 N.Y. Jets
13 Seattle
12 Denver
11 Green Bay
10 Minnesota
9 Houston
8 San Diego
7 Chicago
6 Philadelphia
5 Tennessee
4 Indianapolis
3 Dallas (only because their Roy Williams looks like he's out)
2 Arizona
1 New England

14 - Seattle
13 - Minnesota
12 - San Diego
11 - Philadelphia
10 - Arizona
9 - N.Y. Jets
8 - Indianapolis
7 - Denver
6 - Detroit
5 - Cincinnati
4 - Houston
3 - Washington
2 - Chicago
1 - Pittsburgh

14 - Philadelphia
13 - Tennessee
12 - Minnesota
11 - Detroit
10 - Washington
9 - New England
8 - Buffalo
7 - Jacksonville
6 - Denver
5 - Indianapolis
4 - NY Jets
3 - Oakland
2 - Chicago
1 - Seattle

Anyone know what games we got on Pay this week?

14 - Seattle
13 - Jets
12 - Philly
11 - San Diego
10 - SanFran
9 - Denver
8 - Houston
7 - Arizona
6 - Chiefs
5 - Pittsburgh :eek: (the streak has to end!!)
4 - Bungals
3 - Cowgirls
2 - Packers
1 - Minny

phat said:
Anyone know what games we got on Pay this week?
Monday 1st November

7.30AM NFL on FOX2 Atlanta @ Denver (no early game - bloody NASCAR :mad: )

11.30AM ESPN: NFL Football San Francisco 49ers v Chicago Bears (live)

Tuesday 2nd

12.00PM ESPN: NFL Football Miami Dolphins v New York Jets (live)

Last week is best remembered as... oh, no, it's not. There is no right answer to that line. :(

Things can only improve, so here we go...

14 - Carolina at Seattle
13 - New England at Pittsburgh
12 - Indianapolis at Kansas City
11 - Miami at N.Y. Jets
10 - Jacksonville at Houston
9 - Cincinnati at Tennessee
8 - Detroit at Dallas
7 - N.Y. Giants at Minnesota
6 - Arizona at Buffalo
5 - Baltimore at Philadelphia
4 - Oakland at San Diego
3 - Atlanta at Denver
2 - Green Bay at Washington
1 - San Francisco at Chicago

Also, is it just me, or is there more parity this week than usual? Makes it just that much tougher to rank the tips.

Our TV games for this week-- and the samplings pale in comparison to past weeks, that's for sure...

Atlanta at Denver -- Fox Sports 2, tape delayed Monday at 8:30 a.m.
San Francisco at Chicago -- ESPN, live Monday at 12:30 p.m. (following "NFL Primetime" at 11:30 a.m.)
Miami at New York Jets -- ESPN, live Tuesday at 1 p.m. (following "Monday Night Countdown" at 11:30 a.m.)

(Sorry, Jeff... didn't see your rundown first.)

And if those live kickoff times sound a bit odd, that's with the aftermath of Daylight Savings Time on both sides of the Pacific this weekend factored in.

JeffDunne said:
7.30AM NFL on FOX2 Atlanta @ Denver

Atlanta 41
Denver 28

A high scoring game. Looking at the Stats, Vick was on Fire. The Falcons would be unhappy with their defensive efforts again, but at least they didn't give away 50+ this week.

Revenge is sweet, but shame this wasn't the 1998 Superbowl. (Appologises to anyone who didn't want to know the result)

Re: Week 8 summary

DEVO said:
Atlanta 41
Denver 28
Both teams are much maligned. can't figure out how both Defenses are over-RATED and still allow too many yards/ points ??? Perhaps it's the hack teams they played earlier on in the season that gives us false information about these two. Can't pick these two teams.

I'm damn happy with my STEELERS this morning :D .....next week is another great test vs the undefeated Eagles. In Steel County. On the flipside, New England still scored 20 points with less than 18 minutes of possession...NE are definately still TOP SHELF quality and I'm not getting carried away yet...

Indy >>>> no real D >>> I picked KC on that fact and I expect Indy to crumble come the second half of the season. Great to see the pretenders Minnesota get a touch up... Seattle are the other pretenders that can't be trusted either (F'ken HATE 'em!!)...can't believe Holmgren's late call on 4th down...what an idiot ! Houston are the dark horses to watch out for.

As for Joe Gibbs....time to consider retirement pal...the DEADSKINS that are ruining your reputation.

Thought you might be happy Woodson. Your Steelers are my money team atm, and come up trumps again. Big Ben is an absolute sensation. Tall, strong, and a great throwing action - everything a quaterback should be. Screw these scrambling QB's when you can get a classic QB like this guy.

Agree with what you say about NE - just a well coached team. They got jumped today but they have completely lost the running game. The Steelers defence is too balanced to go with a one dimensional attack. The Pat's have some thinking to do this week.

The other big winner for me this week on the punt were the Bears. Talk about an ugly bloody game. If you'd told me Jones would have gone down on the first play of the day, there's no way I'd have put money on them. Didn't do my fantasy team any favours either. But it was always going to be tough for the 49'ers to score against the Bears defence. They are much better than their record suggests - especially now most are getting fit. The offense is still a real problem though, more so if Jones is now out. :(

I've focused on these two games because I'm a little :eek: by the rest of my tips.

Re: Week 8 summary

Woodson said:
I'm damn happy with my STEELERS this morning :D .....next week is another great test vs the undefeated Eagles. In Steel County. On the flipside, New England still scored 20 points with less than 18 minutes of possession...NE are definately still TOP SHELF quality and I'm not getting carried away yet...

Any chance of Big Ben being traded our way? ;)

The steelers were awesome and completely took my tipping to the ********house.

Jason Whitten came up big today and he has been talked up by Tuna for awhile now and we are starting to see why he is rated so high. The Lions missed Roy Williams and their run defense was rubbish. Anytime the human glacier Eddie George racks up near on 100 yards on you then you know your defensive line is being butchered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back