Remove this Banner Ad

DonAce

All Australian
Veteran NFL Mock Draft Participant
Jun 23, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Week one is in the books, and I hope you all had a bit of luck on the punt. The last thread actually generated more discussion than I expected, which is a good thing on a pretty quiet board, so hopefully we can keep it up.

Week Two Odds from sportsbet.com.au (they have them up first)

Baltimore at Tennessee
Baltimore @ 1.53 (-3.5 @ 1.90)
Tennessee @ 2.50 (+3.5 @ 1.90)

Buffalo at Tampa Bay
Buffalo @ 2.15 (+2.5 @ 1.90)
Tampa Bay @ 1.70 (-2.5 @ 1.90)

Detroit at Chicago
Detroit @ 1.80 (-2.0 @ 1.90)
Chicago @ 2.00 (+2.0 @ 1.90)

Jacksonville at Indianapolis
Jacksonville @ 3.95 (+9 @ 1.90)
Indianapolis @ 1.25 (-9 @ 1.90)

Minnesota at Cincinnati
Minnesota @ 2.35 (+3 @ 1.90)
Cincinnati @ 1.60 (-3 @ 1.90)

New England at Carolina
New England @ 1.60 (-3 @ 1.93)
Carolina @ 2.35 (+3 @ 1.87)

Pittsburgh at Houston
Pittsburgh @ 1.38 (-6 @ 1.90)
Houston @ 3.00 (+6 @ 1.90)

San Francisco at Philadelphia
For some reason they haven’t got head to head odds on this game, the line is -13.5 to the Eagles @ 1.90.

St Louis at Arizona
St Louis @ 1.98 (+1 @ 1.90)
Arizona @ 1.83

Atlanta at Seattle
Atlanta @ 1.90 (No line)
Seattle @ 1.90 (No line)

Cleveland at Green Bay
Cleveland @ 3.20 (+6.5 @ 1.87)
Green Bay @ 1.35 (-6.5 @ 1.93)

Miami at NY Jets
Again, no head-to-head up yet, the line is -6 to the Jets @ 1.90)

San Diego at Denver
San Diego @ 2.20 (+3 @ 1.80)
Denver @ 1.67 (-3 @ 2.00)

Kansas City at Oakland
Kansas City @ 1.83
Oakland @ 1.98 (+1 @ 1.90)

New Orleans at NY Giants
New Orleans @ 2.35 (+3 @ 1.98)
NY Giants @ 1.58 (-3 @ 1.83)

Washington at Dallas
Washington @ 3.00 (+6 @ 1.90)
Dallas @ 1.38 (-6 @ 1.90)

I'm not sure what I like yet, but I thought i'd get it up to get some discussion rolling.

Re: NFL Betting - Week Two

If i wasnt a Denver Supporter....

San Diego @ 2.20 (+3 @ 1.80) --- Denver were woeful last week. Im hoping they turn it around, but worth a couple $$ on the superchargers.

Also --

Washington @ 3.00 (+6 @ 1.90)
Dallas @ 1.38 (-6 @ 1.90)

Washington @ $3.00 looks like a good bet.

Im sick of the TAB odds, ill have to kick up my sportodds.com.au account again it looks like. I usually have a bit of luck on the NFL.

Okay, looking at some of the lines, here’s what I’m leaning towards early in the week, New England is the only one I’m sure about.

Locks
New England (-3) vs. Carolina @ 1.93

Leans
Jacksonville (+9) vs. Indianapolis @ 1.90
Buffalo vs. Tampa Bay @ 2.15
Baltimore (-3.5) vs. Tennessee @ 1.90
Chicago (+2) vs. Detroit @ 1.90
Pittsburgh (-6) vs. Houston @ 1.90
Washington (+6) vs. Dallas @ 1.90
Denver (-3) vs. San Diego @ 2.00

Also waiting on the unders/overs to be released, usually some value there.

Goods Bets
Baltimore -3.5 v Tennessee
Buffalo +2.5 v Tampa Bay (not buying tampa yet, Buffalo D is for real)
Detroit -2.0 v Chicago (even if Detroit struggle I could see them getting out of it by going for big plays to their WR's... chicago doesnt really have that ability)
Pittsburgh -6 v Houston (Houston are depleted big time... they have little talent on their roster and their bright spot.. offence.. had a shocking week 1)
St.Louis +1 v Arizona (the arizona hype will wear off, take advantage of this)
Atlanta v Seattle (get on Atlanta again)

Caution
New England -3 v Carolina (Carolina are a solid all round team, I wouldnt be keen to go against them... NE do have 10 days to prepare though)

Shows how long since ive had a bet on the net, sportodds is now centrebet.. lol had no idea.

I'll chuck some money in and have a go at some multi's i reckon..

Buffalo (+2.5 @ 1.90)
Atlanta (@1.90)
Washington (+6 @ 1.90)
Pittsburgh (-6 @ 1.90)

Might multi those up for a bit of a long shot...
i'ld say best bet would be the Steelers -6, They should win, and win by more than a TD.. so i'ld have a bit of them at that line.

All in all, kinda tough round, no real upsets except for the redskins, who's running game might get the Cowboys, i know they're having troubles at QB but if they keep it on the ground and pass when needed, at $3 its hard to see them not giving it a fair go.

Philadelphia line was down because Philadelphia QB McNabb was in doubt for the game, he has declared himself right to play.

camsmith said:
i'ld say best bet would be the Steelers -6, They should win, and win by more than a TD.. so i'ld have a bit of them at that line.

Pittsburgh line is down today as Roethlisberger is questionable for Sunday.

2005 - NFL Week 2

Week 2!

Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Francisco 49'ers

Sunday September 18, 2005 - 1pm FOX @ Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA

GO EAGLES!!

Re: Eagles v 49'ers :: Week 2

49ers back in form last week with a good win should b a good game hope we can do better then last season this time around
go 49ers

Re: Eagles v 49'ers :: Week 2

The Eagles defense will destroy the 49ers.

With a weakened offensive line, Rattay and Barlow will get smashed.

Doesn’t matter if the Eagles fail to score on offense – the defense will put up more points than the 49ers.

It will be a blowout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Week 2 Discussion

HAha! Darren Sharper got burnt on the second play of the game by Chad Johnson for a 70 TD. He's a big play guy... unfortunately (or fortunately), it's both ways with him.

Nearly the half in most games.

Jags and Indy are scoreless, Eagles are moppin the floor with the Niners, low scoring affair between the Bills/Buccs (as expected), Steelers are comfortable, and the shocks so far are Tennessee and Chicago leading their respective games.

Re: Week 2 Discussion

fuey said:
HAha! Darren Sharper got burnt on the second play of the game by Chad Johnson for a 70 TD. He's a big play guy... unfortunately (or fortunately), it's both ways with him.

Nearly the half in most games.

Jags and Indy are scoreless, Eagles are moppin the floor with the Niners, low scoring affair between the Bills/Buccs (as expected), Steelers are comfortable, and the shocks so far are Tennessee and Chicago leading their respective games.

Well its all happening in Green Bay Fuey, firstly Favre seems to throw a descent pass which looks like a TD before it gets intercepted, then secondly once again our Corners get burns by a long pass and Dilfer throws a 80yrd TD pass to Edwards. AND then we block the conversion, its a very weird game and once which we arent doing much in.

We trail 19-7 and struggling.

My weekend is in the books, and i'm in front for the second positive week in a row.

Had Baltimore/Tennessee -37 total score, New England -3 (for a loss), Pittsburgh -5.5 and Chicago +2. 3 winners, 1 loser.

Monsters of the Midway romp the floor with Detroit. 5 interceptions by Harrington to 'lead' his team to a 38-6 defeat. K. Jones gets 22 yards on 8 carries, while T. Jones and Benson share nearly 200 between them. The rook Orton throws a tight 14/21 for 150 (1TD).

Good day to be a Bear fan, but with Green Bay losing to the Browns at home, the Viqueens losing again, Detroit shown up for the frauds they are, and Chicago winning, it's clear the NFC North is both the weakest division in the NFL, and wide open. :eek:

DonAce said:
Monsters of the Midway romp the floor with Detroit. 5 interceptions by Harrington to 'lead' his team to a 38-6 defeat. K. Jones gets 22 yards on 8 carries, while T. Jones and Benson share nearly 200 between them. The rook Orton throws a tight 14/21 for 150 (1TD).

Good day to be a Bear fan, but with Green Bay losing to the Browns at home, the Viqueens losing again, Detroit shown up for the frauds they are, and Chicago winning, it's clear the NFC North is both the weakest division in the NFL, and wide open. :eek:

Here come DA BEARS!!! Good day indeed

DonAce said:
My weekend is in the books, and i'm in front for the second positive week in a row.

Had Baltimore/Tennessee -37 total score, New England -3 (for a loss), Pittsburgh -5.5 and Chicago +2. 3 winners, 1 loser.

Great work DonAce. Hope to get some tips / bold predictions from your highly credible knowhow. I took a little hit but have KC/NYG -3/ Dall -6 in the pipeline to come.

Don't know if i'd call it credible knowhow :p , but i'm going okay so far. :cool:

I really like Dallas -6. Washington's defence is utterly miserly, but their offence is hopeless. Dallas at home with a solid performance should be able to cover that line, so you should have some luck there I think.

We are all being led to the false sense of the ViQueens having the 're-vamped D and no distractions on O' to go the next level. pffft! Only 8pts vs Cincy !!

Da BEARS are ready to maul thier divisional foes. Detroit vs ViQueens will determine the real pretender. As for the Browns licking up the cheese in GB, tells us alot about the crumbling Cheesehead empire that will have Favre needing to put up 30+ to give them any chance.

How about those RAVENS ??? Too many ego's perhaps ?? Two bad losses and can't be counted out just yet but as a Steeler Fan, GOTTA LOVE IT !!

Next week the Steelers host New England. Looking very much forward to see what transpires.

Atlanta dropping to Seattle. Eyebrow raiser result. Likewise Carolina (who we all know can play and be Philly's next roadblock) rolling the reigning back to back champs.

Still will await for Tampa to show more muscle (on the road) before passing judgement.

Woodson, you must be starting to feel very confident about this season? The boys (and the BIG boy) are looking fantastic. I listened to the radio broadcast this morning - very impressive.

The O-Line and defence can take this team to a Superbowl. And here's a statement for you, BIG BEN to be the NFL MVP this season. I know you won't come out with big calls this early, but christ they are looking good.

Willie Parker - I like this kid . . . no, I think I love him too. Put him on my fantasy team and he's killing it. The O-Line has been outstanding and when your forth string running back is doing what Haynes is doing, they'll take this team to a SB.

And I must say, fantastic game by the Bears. Special teams and defense have been good for a while, but the offense finally helped nail a complete game for them. And what can you say about Detroit? This team kills me (like Seattle) every bloody year.

Get ready for a big season Woodson. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back