NFL 2005 NFL - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL Betting - Week Two

DonAce said:
I really like Dallas -6. Washington's defence is utterly miserly, but their offence is hopeless. Dallas at home with a solid performance should be able to cover that line, so you should have some luck there I think.

Went on the same basis. Rated Dallas #1 (Sure thing). I find it very amusing how Balmainforever got his pants pulled on the NFL Pick 4 this week. :D

Especially his 'Sure thing' >>> the Lions. :eek: I recall having the Lions as my 'Sure Thing' (once) last season and got pantzed as well. :(

Re: Week 2 Discussion

JeffDunne said:
Woodson, you must be starting to feel very confident about this season? The boys (and the BIG boy) are looking fantastic. I listened to the radio broadcast this morning - very impressive.

The O-Line and defence can take this team to a Superbowl. And here's a statement for you, BIG BEN to be the NFL MVP this season. I know you won't come out with big calls this early, but christ they are looking good.

Willie Parker - I like this kid . . . no, I think I love him too. Put him on my fantasy team and he's killing it. The O-Line has been outstanding and when your forth string running back is doing what Haynes is doing, they'll take this team to a SB.

And I must say, fantastic game by the Bears. Special teams and defense have been good for a while, but the offense finally helped nail a complete game for them. And what can you say about Detroit? This team kills me (like Seattle) every bloody year.

Get ready for a big season Woodson. :thumbsu:

Thanx for the kind words JD. Coach Cowher pointed out the 'essentials' in any good win. Playing Smart. That's the key really. I had reservations going into this season and even though we're 2-0 against 'undermined' teams, there is so much potential to go ALL THE WAY as you pointed out but I'm keeping it all low key really. The 'second year blues' is another element I'm quite weary of (just hope it was BIG BEN's pre-season form) :p . Other than that, here is a extract of a amusing story around the grounds.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Sept. 18, 2005) -- Tennessee Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck was so elated over teammate Brad Kassell's interception return for a touchdown that he grabbed the first football he saw and punted it into the stands.

Oops. That was the ball Kassell wanted for his trophy cabinet.

"If he has to buy it, I'll buy it for him," Bulluck said of the ball, which now belongs to a fan.

:D

Woodson said:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Sept. 18, 2005) -- Tennessee Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck was so elated over teammate Brad Kassell's interception return for a touchdown that he grabbed the first football he saw and punted it into the stands.

Oops. That was the ball Kassell wanted for his trophy cabinet.

"If he has to buy it, I'll buy it for him," Bulluck said of the ball, which now belongs to a fan.

:D
smilielol.gif

Sounds like something one of our players would do.

Did you see the lateral Howard threw last week after recovering a fumble? Delhomme sacked, fumbles, Howard picks it up, less than 30 seconds on the clock, on our own 20yd line leading 14-7 - all he has to do is down it and give our offense the chance of at least a FG or closing out the half - so what does he do, he laterals it and hits McKenzie in the facemask. You could hardly blame the guy for not expecting it. Who would?

Fortunately the Panthers didn't score from it, but I woke the family at 4am. :D

Woodson said:
Especially his 'Sure thing' >>> the Lions. :eek: I recall having the Lions as my 'Sure Thing' (once) last season and got pantzed as well.
Never, never again will I bet on the Lions. NEVER.
banghead.gif

And DonAce . . . I know, you don't need to tell me. :eek:

But there are many more teams willing to play like pansies on any given day.
Just can't tell. I suppose those 50/50 games with perhaps the FAITH in the UNDERDOG is much the value pick.

Detroit, Seattle, Minnesota keep doing it year in, year out over a very long period now. These teams are the untouchables. STINK BOMBS.

Relieved with KC withstanding the 4th and goal play. Phew !!! Go Dallas & G-Men.

I don't think it can get any worse...

Letting Trent Dilfer have an 80 yard completion is about the lowest I can imagine a secondary can get...

I'm honestly shattered. Nobody should lose to the Browns... especially at home.

And we face a red hot Tampa defence next week. Scary. :(

The Bengals are going to the Superbowl, I got a feeelliiing!! :thumbsu:

(Chant used at Riverfront Stadium)

Woodson said:
But there are many more teams willing to play like pansies on any given day.
Just can't tell. I suppose those 50/50 games with perhaps the FAITH in the UNDERDOG is much the value pick.

they are all 50/50 games... just wish I knew which ones bet on!! arrh

fuey said:
HAha! Darren Sharper got burnt on the second play of the game by Chad Johnson for a 70 TD. He's a big play guy... unfortunately (or fortunately), it's both ways with him.

You'd be wishing you could have him back at the moment... he cant win either way... he'd be on an 0-2 team!

Could always go to Dallas and be on an 2-0 team!!! Go the Boys!

Bengals are kickin arse. Gonna come down to Bengals/Steelers in AFC North. Ravens are finished IMO. Browns are a big chance to finish third. Carson Palmer is the #1 passer in the league! Go Carson.

www.nfl.com/stats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Week 2 Choke

crazy_big_al said:
The Redskins are a joke

Thanx for provoking the Karma NFL God, crazy-big-al, the Redskins have emerged with the W. :mad:

4th down and long and they find the endzone to hang in @ 3.46 on the clock and suddenly another MONSTER play within minutes and they are in the lead !!

Outrageous ! I recall Dallas having that Pittsburgh game 'done & dusted' almost, until gramps Vinnie fumbled and gave us a lifeline. This time the Cowboys relaxed for half a second and instead of celebrating a shut-out, they have to CHOKE on another loss from the jaws of victory.

Marcuz must be tearing his hair out. I've dropped '16 points' for that, damn it !!

Re: Week 2 Choke

Woodson said:
Marcuz must be tearing his hair out. I've dropped '16 points' for that, damn it !!

We got beat by that filth and i watched every bloody second of it. I feel dirty, i feel sick , i feel violated.

we have some good young players and some handy veterans but they obviously dont know how to close a game out....***** ***** ****** bastards!! :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back