Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

In line with current gossip, without the carry on, I wouldn't mind Jack Watts coming to Freo.

He would come as a utility and wouldn't cost much, in the current climate.

The bloke is 22, 196cm and a potential KPP.

If anyone could slap him out of his apparent apathy, Ross Lyon is it.

Witness the turnaround in Son-Son and Clancee Pearce as what Ross can do to player with a perceived mindset problem.

If it goes to custard,we've not lost much. I say late 2nd or 3rd rounder, if not no deal.

Without wishing ill on them, the Dees and he would probably be happier with a fresh start.

Zac Dawson and he have both been whipping boys as a another example of what RL can do.

Who does Jack Watts replace in the Fremantle line up though? I actually don't think he is a true KPP player. Has the size but not the body.

I doubt you would get a 2nd rounder for him, despite him being a former no.1 draft pick and entering his prime, he just hasnt come on as expected.

whispers around that port is into gorringe in a big way. sam day was mentioned linked to port but i forget where that came from cause that seems unlikely. polec wants out of brisbane. apparently jack redden is open to the idea of going to port, not enjoying life in brissie. redden and day both seem very unlikely as they are both contracted and would be wanted by their clubs.

gorringe seems like a very attainable option for port.

pick 10ish. very promising as a junior, havent seen very much action as he has had a few injuries hold him back. has been way back in the pecking order at gc in the past although that looks to change in the second half of the season. hinkley and gorry would be familiar with each other.

Any uncontracted Suns or Giants people are interested in?

I'd love the kid Treloar at Essendon but would easily cost a second rounder, if not more. Kid could be better than the other 'big' names at the Giants.
Would be a line around the corner for Treloar, IMO. He's a deadset goer and would command a high first round pick I reckon.

Dion Prestia could come home.

Would be silly not to look at him, as he does have ties with the club. Given how low we will finish, our first rounder will be overs and second would unfortunately be unders.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder + fringe for Prestia + 3rd rounder

What do you think Warnocks value would be worth to GWS who are apparently interested in a ruckman and he is one thats been mentioned.

Would easily be their first ruck and a good one in that.

Would be silly not to look at him, as he does have ties with the club. Given how low we will finish, our first rounder will be overs and second would unfortunately be unders.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder + fringe for Prestia + 3rd rounder

Getting prestia for that is daylight robbery. Clubs would be lining up to make that.

will be interesting to see what happens with gc and gws this year. Are they going to continue to play hard ball or soften a little bit. Any thoughts?

What would it take to get Taylor Adams over?
R1 pick and change

so you are thinking (aprox.)

Melb P20 + P38 + Magner <> GC P42+ Prestia
so basically P20 + Magner for Prestia cant see that happening , and with several players having to be delisted , I doubt they want a fringe player from Melb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R1 pick and change

so you are thinking (aprox.)

Melb P20 + P38 + Magner <> GC P42+ Prestia
so basically P20 + Magner for Prestia cant see that happening , and with several players having to be delisted , I doubt they want a fringe player from Melb.

Thought so, since we're likely to end up with a pick around 3-6 we'd probably be reluctant to give it up, even if we got a second rounder in return.
Think a senior player like Gwilt or Dempster and a 2nd rounder would do it?

why would gc have any interest in the underlined?

you have watts and frawley that could be used to get something you want (if frawls wanted out)

you have sylvia as a free agent, which could net you a pick but i doubt its more than a 2nd round pick.

agree your first pick as a top 3 pick should be off the table.

Thought so, since we're likely to end up with a pick around 3-6 we'd probably be reluctant to give it up, even if we got a second rounder in return.
Think a senior player like Gwilt or Dempster and a 2nd rounder would do it?

No chance... you only get quality by giving up quality.. Dion is a dead set gun!!

whispers around that port is into gorringe in a big way.
Would love Gorringe at the club
I reckon Port should have 4 rucks on their list. 3 on the main list and 1 rookie.
Renouf is really close to being delisted IMO, I think if Port manage to get another ruck (like Gorringe) Port should offer Renouf a rookie list spot and be an insurance policy of types like Hudson is at Collingwood.

No offence... But why would any team want a melbourne fringe player clogging up their list??

We need a Trade Hypotheticals thread that allows people to be disrespectful to fellow posters.

The only things the Gold Coast would be interested in are draft picks and players that hold value.

Players that may be moved on/delisted/seek further opportunities/may be available for the right price from the Bulldogs:

Jarrad Grant - pretty well as close to delisted as you can get mid-way through a season. Won't be at the 'Dogs next year and may struggle to even be on a list next year. Has a truck load of talent and is a difficult matchup (with his height, agility and speed overall) but just doesn't work hard enough and doesn't seem to have any drive or hunger. Definitely at the crossroads. Doubtful that he'll get offers in a trade at this point.

Shaun Higgins - unlikely he'll go but I'd wager that if we get a decent offer and he's happy to go we'd jump at it. Has a lot of talent but is a bit soft - can't really blame him with the amount of injuries he's had though. Is capable of playing very, very well and would be very good in a great team, if he can get on the park. Don't think many would offer anything, but it's a possibility.

Patrick Veszpremi - see Grant. I've never seen a guy who can gather 35-odd disposals, kick three goals and absolutely tear a game to shreds in the VFL, then struggle to get a bloody touch at AFL level. I hope he makes it, I really do - he adds everything we're missing to the side, but he just can't get it together. Can't see him getting another chance.

Easton Wood - personally don't want to see Wood go, but I think he very well could gather some interest and certainly isn't "indispensable". One of those guys who we wouldn't actively try to trade, but would entertain some offers imo. Very fast, good endurance, can play a nice lock down role, is very good overhead but has massive brain fades with his disposal. Seems to have stagnated and may benefit from a fresh start. Certainly think there would be some interested clubs.

Jason Tutt - teased us all on his debut, kicking four goals - three of them from his first three kicks. Has had good games and truly awful games. Adds speed and good goal-sense but disposal lets him down. Can't see too many clubs being interested, but there's something to work with there.

Christian Howard - close to the most ridiculous first-round pick of ours in recent years. Has shown great disposal and awesome speed in very brief moments but can't put it all together to save his life. He has all the attributes of a very solid player but for some reason can't get there. Not a "Macca" player and may be another who benefits from a fresh start. Worth persisting with, but I just don't think he's going to go anywhere at the 'Dogs.

Lukas Markovic - will attract very little interest. Terrible as a key defender and is far too slow to be a key forward in any seriously contending side. Very good at getting into the right place around a stoppage and takes a nice grab but I'm not sure he'll ever be anything but depth at AFL level.

Not expecting much trading that doesn't involve draft picks for the 'Dogs as there's simply not much for us to work with as trade bait. No doubt we'll go hard at a couple of key position players and perhaps some midfield class, however I expect those trades to mostly involve draft picks.

I know there has been a lot of focus on Free Agency since it has been introduced, but I'm more interested in seeing who from each club may be moved on next year or might look for greater opportunities.

Obviously there are the common ones popping up like Nahas, Sylvia and Watts but who from your club do you see getting traded or being put up as bait come end of season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back