Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #50 - Welcome to the Hawks Marc Pittonet

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes you can just tell. This bloke really looks the goods.

I am biased he is one of my sons mates and I have watched him play for seven years. He is a top kid who has the smarts and desire to be anything. I always thought he could be like Michael Green was for the Tiges in their golden era. Decent, talented and smart

Another BFG Mock:

Marc Pittonet

Oakleigh Chargers
Height: 200 cm
Weight: 100 kg
Position: Ruckman
Player comparison: Matthew Lobbe
Strengths: tap work, strong below the knees, spacial awareness
Areas needing improvement: contested marking and work up forward

Pittonet is the opposite of a ‘dumb ruckman’. He is aware of everything going on around him, and makes quick decisions when he has the ball. He’s not a terrific disposer of it but he doesn’t turn the ball over or get caught in a dangerous situation, as he is quick to find a target. Pittonet has tremendous talent as a tap ruckman, and he could progress to become an excellent Lobbe or Todd Goldstein type if he can build his defensive game and his tank.

Pittonet is agile below the knees, and could become that extra midfielder type in time. The weaknesses of his game is his lack of scoreboard impact. When he goes forward, he often sits in the goal square, and doesn’t know where to lead. He’s not a great one out mark despite his size, and he rarely kicks goals.

It'd be fantastic for us if he could develop into a key forward considering we are a bit light in that department. Whether he plays ruck or forward, I hope he can develop into a good player for us.
So basically, you want another Paul Salmon? :)

I love that he calls himself 'an aggressive player'

My son played with him at school and against him in some rep teams. Pitto tackled him after a centre bounce when my boy snaffled the ball from his tap. He had to be taken from the ground and sat out for a quarter - this was his mate!!!!

Sorry to keep interjecting on this thread - just excited he got picked up!

Very happy with what I have seen, and what I am hearing, about Pittonet. 2 areas on the ground that I think aggression has it's place and that is defense and Ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son played with him at school and against him in some rep teams. Pitto tackled him after a centre bounce when my boy snaffled the ball from his tap. He had to be taken from the ground and sat out for a quarter - this was his mate!!!!

Sorry to keep interjecting on this thread - just excited he got picked up!

Keep interjecting I think you are very popular atm.

Haven't gone to any BH matches. Have read a little abut how he was going. It started positive (from a low base given we didn't know much about him) but there were some knocks on him later. With Hale gone I'm suddenly more interested.

Is it mainly body mass and endurance which is the issue or are there some more concerning skill flaws? Thanks to anyone who replies to this.

I liked him this year. When he was the main ruck I thought he blossomed. Plays ruck in a similar vein to Mummy where there is lots of crash and bash. Has not got a big leap but has a big frame. Skills are good enough. I do like that he gets rid of the ball quickly, nothing frustrates me more than a ruck trying to be a playmaker. Best first year from a ruck I have seen at HFC.

how did we get this guy at pick 50. He's going to be sensational!

I remember reading he was the second best ruck available in the 2014 Draft after Peter Wright who went to the Suns. Between Wright (Pick 8) and Pitt (Pick 50) are a mix of players and not 1 other pure ruckman. I think one might have fallen into our lap. I really hope so.

Welcome Marc

Ruckman who is highly competitive and aggressive in the contest and directs the ball well at stoppages. Has good skill set, including his overhead marking. Covers the ground well and represented Vic Metro in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 11 disposals, five marks, three tackles and a goal at 81 per cent efficiency in two matches. Averaged 12 touches at TAC Cup level in 12 games. Finished equal-second in the clean hands test (25/30) at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-16/draft-prospect-mark-pittonet

What an excellent tap ruckman. Michel and Hodge will love him - Silver tray service. Ideal replacement for Hale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back