Toast 2014 National Draft, pick #50 - Welcome to the Hawks Marc Pittonet

Remove this Banner Ad

In the handful of games I've seen BH play this year he's been great. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a game in the AFL in the last few rounds just to give him a bit of a boost and a reminder of what he needs to work on going into the next pre season.

I'll be surprised if big boy, ceglar and pittonet are all on our list in 2018. Something has to give, we can't play all 3...
depends how many talls the club wants to carry and whether Fitz is the only one who will be retiring at the end of the year

depends how many talls the club wants to carry and whether Fitz is the only one who will be retiring at the end of the year

Vickery, Mitch Lewis also on the list and with O'Brien being a de facto second ruckman I think we might move one on.

3rd year. Was drafted in 2014

Aaah, thanks.:thumbsu:

Think the fact he's making steady, not spectacular progress, is just fine.
No way we want to get rid of any of BB, Cegs or Pitto.
There's a natural attrition that will create playing time for the young fella, be happy for him to win the Liston next season and then rip the comp up in 2019 with Big Boy riding off into the sunset on his tractor.:D

We only have 3 genuine ruckmen on our list. McEvoy, Ceglar and Pittonet.
With Ceglar coming back from an ACL reconstruction and Pittonet still learning his trade I doubt if any would be moved on unless we traded in another ruckman.
Fitzpatrick will probably retire ( concussion concerns ), Vickery and O'Brien are forwards who can pinch hit in the ruck. Mitchell Lewis will be a KPD or KPF.

Pitto is improving, by far from AFL standard yet.

Big Boy is in career best form and Ceglar still coming back from the ACL.

All will be on the list in 2018.

Agreed. Pitt looks very good VFL level but still not sure he'll get to AFL level.

Pitto is improving, by far from AFL standard yet.

Big Boy is in career best form and Ceglar still coming back from the ACL.

All will be on the list in 2018.

I hope you're intentionally setting the bar low so you can be presently surprised, because so far Pitto has beaten Goldstein, Smith, Hickey and Spencer who are all AFL standard ruckmen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be surprised if big boy, ceglar and pittonet are all on our list in 2018. Something has to give, we can't play all 3...
3 ruck on a list would be pretty acceptable, particularly as Cellar does the forward role as well...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

3 ruck on a list would be pretty acceptable, particularly as Cellar does the forward role as well...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
And TV. I mean, obviously we have no need to play TV at the minute, but I'm convinced he and Cegs would be a decent Ruck+F/Ruck combo if we lose McEvoy.

I have no concerns RE Pitto. He doesn't need to be setting the house on fire right now, he's a long-term prospect. He's still 3rd in line once Cegs is back up and running.

I hope you're intentionally setting the bar low so you can be presently surprised, because so far Pitto has beaten Goldstein, Smith, Hickey and Spencer who are all AFL standard ruckmen.
Goldstein was a good win. Although he's having a down year and on the decline.

Smith, Hickey and Spencer are far from world beaters. Barely AFL standard.

Pitto is the 3rd best ruckman on our list at present, if all fit.

Goldstein was a good win. Although he's having a down year and on the decline.

Smith, Hickey and Spencer are far from world beaters. Barely AFL standard.

Pitto is the 3rd best ruckman on our list at present, if all fit.

They're not world beaters but they've played AFL footy, and he beat both Hickey and Smith comfortably. This is a 21 year old.

Ruckmen don't peak until very late - it took Sandilands, Gawn, Goldstein, Martin and others around 8 years to play their best footy, if he continues on an upward curve he'll pass Ceglar by next year.

They're not world beaters but they've played AFL footy, and he beat both Hickey and Smith comfortably. This is a 21 year old.

Ruckmen don't peak until very late - it took Sandilands, Gawn, Goldstein, Martin and others around 8 years to play their best footy, if he continues on an upward curve he'll pass Ceglar by next year.
Playing a couple of games doesn't make them AFL standard. They are all 2nd or 3rd in line at their clubs.

The next part of what you posted is what I said originally.

Leave Pitto at BHH this year, let him finish strongly and he can go into 2018 knowing he's genuinely fighting for a spot in the 22.

Playing a couple of games doesn't make them AFL standard. They are all 2nd or 3rd in line at their clubs.

The next part of what you posted is what I said originally.

Leave Pitto at BHH this year, let him finish strongly and he can go into 2018 knowing he's genuinely fighting for a spot in the 22.

Hickey was first choice ruck for the Saints last year - he had a great year. Played quite a few games now.

I thought you were implying Ceglar would keep his place ahead of Pitto in 2018; at the moment I'd much prefer Pitto as he's more coordinated, has better follow up work and isn't coming off a knee reco. We'll see how that plays out, however.

With Mcevoy a chance to retire we will need another ruckman on the list!
Is this a serious comment? He's 28 and playing the best footy of his life. Not sure why he would be a chance to retire unless you know something I don't?

Is this a serious comment? He's 28 and playing the best footy of his life. Not sure why he would be a chance to retire unless you know something I don't?
There was a report he had bought a farm with his brother, so many jump to the conclusion that he wants to retire early to work on the farm.
There were also reports that he wanted to buy the farm next door, so he may continue to play for a while to find the money for it.

Who knows? Let's just let him play until he eventually doesn't.

There was a report he had bought a farm with his brother, so many jump to the conclusion that he wants to retire early to work on the farm.
There were also reports that he wanted to buy the farm next door, so he may continue to play for a while to find the money for it.

Who knows? Let's just let him play until he eventually doesn't.

All of the players receive solid financial planning advice these days, and one of the big pushes is to park your money/invest somewhere conservative while you are playing. As much as anything, so they don't spend it as disposable income during the playing years. Seems to me that he is just following that advice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back