2015 ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier: Canada

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly right matt_897

And please stan, his reaction is quite funny. Sledges happen all the time in sport. It's usually the ones that are true that hurt the most.

I hope they meet soon, would be fantastic to watch!

And we'll done Tomic, solid win. Will be hoping for a decent run pre U.S. open to get a seeding better than 25.

Last edited:
Who even cares. Not like Vekic slept with Kokk while she was in a relationship with Wawrinka.

Pointless sledge by Kyrgios and a hopeless overreaction from the media.

Dunno if any of you have ever been in a relationship... but it's not nice being told that your current girlfriend was "banged" by an ex, even though you know it to be true. Especially if it is said in a callous way. Sledging is all well and good, but there should also be an element of human decency that sportspeople should abide by. There's no defending what Kyrgios said... he's a moron and he seems to enjoy proving it every day.

Thing gonna get ugly, Kyrgios' brother claims that Stan 'assaulted' Nick in the dressing room after the match, I'm guessing there would've been some push and shove and I don't think I could blame Stan either. If he heard that comment on the actual court I reckon there would've been fireworks.
Wawrinka did approach him in the locker room, was broken up by Nick's manager

Dunno if any of you have ever been in a relationship... but it's not nice being told that your current girlfriend was "banged" by an ex, even though you know it to be true. Especially if it is said in a callous way. Sledging is all well and good, but there should also be an element of human decency that sportspeople should abide by. There's no defending what Kyrgios said... he's a moron and he seems to enjoy proving it every day.

Yeah but really this bloke is a grown ass man, surely he is aware his new partner isn't a virginal angel. Good sledge, precious response.

Kyrgios............out of nowhere. Literally what an odd thing to say in the middle of a match. Admittedly he does talk to himself, a lot, actually after every single point. This time his thoughts were vented out loud. I do believe that what he said wasn't malice intention because it was so out of the blue. I'm not one of those tennis followers who take one side; he's an absolute flog or conversely what a legend for doing it. I'm more so the thought that the kid's an extraordinary talent that we haven't come across so very often in Australian tennis. I tend to celebrate his on court prowess and innovation rather than highlighting what ever he does off court. Not saying that its acceptable in anyway but they're going to absolutely drain it out of context like no other. Cue investigations into kokkinakis and what not..
You clearly didn't watch the match. It wasn't out of no-where. The game was at boiling point when it happened, Wawrinka just had a crack at him when it wasn't appropriate and his shocking attempt to play the victim card on twitter is seriously misguided. Yes, it was a ridiculously dumb thing to say on court and Kyrgios does bring a lot of unwarranted attention to himself, but the game was a highly-charged one and both players will probably have some regrets.

Yeah but really this bloke is a grown ass man, surely he is aware his new partner isn't a virginal angel. Good sledge, precious response.
Of course he bloody is, but if his dad had passed aware he'd be aware of that as well... doesn't make it any more appropriate to sledge him about it o_O I really don't understand this argument.

You clearly didn't watch the match. It wasn't out of no-where. The game was at boiling point when it happened, Wawrinka just had a crack at him when it wasn't appropriate and his shocking attempt to play the victim card on twitter is seriously misguided. Yes, it was a ridiculously dumb thing to say on court and Kyrgios does bring a lot of unwarranted attention to himself, but the game was a highly-charged one and both players will probably have some regrets.

True I only saw the end of the second set and what was left of the last set. Was just an odd thing to say is all, out of everything he could have possibly said. Out of curiosity does anyone actually know what warwinka actually said that caused kyrgios to retaliate?

True I only saw the end of the second set and what was left of the last set. Was just an odd thing to say is all, out of everything he could have possibly said. Out of curiosity does anyone actually know what warwinka actually said that caused kyrgios to retaliate?

For him to stop complaining and get on with the match and to shut up.

Pretty much variants of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he bloody is, but if his dad had passed aware he'd be aware of that as well... doesn't make it any more appropriate to sledge him about it o_O I really don't understand this argument.
Sledging about your dad passing away and who your girlfriend has banged are on completely different levels.

Sledging about your dad passing away and who your girlfriend has banged are on completely different levels.
Yes of course it is but it's an example that successfully rebuts that argument. If it's likely to majorly offend, don't say it

Yes of course it is but it's an example that successfully rebuts that argument. If it's likely to majorly offend, don't say it
This is an international tournament in Canada featuring players from all over the world. This incident has barely rated a mention in news outlets outside Australia let alone caused mass outrage. The majority barely care.

The response is more indicative of the pathetic standards, sensationalism and fear mongering that our media fosters.

I just realised, guess who is the king of sledges on a tennis court? Mr Lleyton Hewitt. And guess who is now mentoring Kyrgios? Mr Lleyton Hewitt. Probably told him how to get into stans head.
One flog mentoring a another flog

This is an international tournament in Canada featuring players from all over the world. This incident has barely rated a mention in news outlets outside Australia let alone caused mass outrage. The majority barely care.

The response is more indicative of the pathetic standards, sensationalism and fear mongering that our media fosters.
Don't care about the media response or what the majority think. I'm merely commenting on what he said and my opinion on it.

As a tennis player, Nick is on fire. He is very hot headed on the court. Maybe Lleyton can steer him right as he is Nicks idol.

I actually think he should go the other way. He should just be an unashamed, ruthless campaigner who doesn't give a s**t about what he says or does.

He could be the greatest heel of this era.

5iXHASN.png

Full chorus of boos as Nick enters.

Anyone booing his race? I'm sure the racists are having a field day hiding behind the booing.
Anyway who sledges on a tennis court?
And btw it's not even a sledge, as he didn't mean for it to be heard.
You can't give someone credit for a sledge that's delivered poorly. Nick is pathetic - deal with it, the pink in his hair adds weight to that aswell. What a talented goose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back