Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
2 tournaments start soon. A 500 in Linz, Austria and a 250 in Hua Hin, Thailand. No draw yet for Linz but this was a tremendous tournament last year with great crowds and atmosphere in the indoor facility. They’ve been upgraded to a 500 event this year but honestly, what terrible timing for a tournament. There were going to be zero top 20 players but Ostapenko, despite finishing up in Australia this afternoon, has accepted a WC. Okay then Penko. Defending champion is Potapova who badly needs a good draw and a few wins. I’ll get the draw up when it is released.

Hua Hin draw is about what you’d expect from the 250 event. Its bad. It’s a nice little stadium with bright pink courts. Top seed is Magda Linette. Tough draw though with Shanider first then likely Badosa second. Tomjlanovic is here, as is Linda Fruhvirtova who I’ll boldly claim will win the title. I’ll post the draw after qualifiers have been placed. Saville lost FQR, better luck for Taylah Preston. 16 y/o Korneeva also qualified, will be interesting to see who she draws.

Qualifiers places for Hua Hin. Tomjlanovic plays Galfi which starts in 5 minutes. Linz draw is out but will wait until qualifiers are placed to post as there are lots of gaps.

4D2654F5-AFC3-4528-A02A-50263E804AD9.jpeg

Lost 6-3, 6-0...

That is a worry.
Top seed Linette got rolled too, and has also dropped 32 places in the rankings, down to 56. Finally back where she belongs.

Rakhimova lost, not a surprise, but how do you go from being up 5-0 to losing 7-6, 6-0. She is unbelievable. Linda Fruhvirtova on tonight at about 7:30.

Linz draw:

6BB1F4C2-4629-46FD-9AA1-DA647473B55B.jpeg

Andreeva qualified! But has drawn Yastremska. Hate it when 2 favourites meet. At least one will win I guess. Potapova has Errani to start and honestly if she loses she should consider retirement.

How unlucky is Tauson/Giorgi draw the hardest section Drummond

Boulter vs Pavs will be an awesome match
Given their form you’d expect Tauson to win, but Giorgi as we know can get hot at any time.

Yeah Boulter/Pavs will be good, both had decent starts to the year. Fruity now plays Tikhonova who is replacing Liu as a LL. Starting now.

Given their form you’d expect Tauson to win, but Giorgi as we know can get hot at any time.

Yeah Boulter/Pavs will be good, both had decent starts to the year. Fruity now plays Tikhonova who is replacing Liu as a LL. Starting now.

Another 10 plus doubles coming up her serving is horrific this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She looked all but done after Tauson took the first set off her, but she then went on to obliterate everyone from there on. As she should though. Would have been on much fresher legs than Alexandrova who played a grueling match vs Vekic yesterday.
Speaking of Vekic, watched her match against Alexandrova. She hits beautifully but her movement is bad. I don’t remember it being this bad, especially coming forward.

500 tournament in Abu Dhabi. Awesome field as you’d expect, currently Cîrstea and Garcia locked in a tough battle. Seems like Sorana has tough draws everywhere she goes, but I guess she could’ve taken a spot in the 250 in her home country. Weird that she didn’t. I know they’ve modified the 250 entry requirements but I think in your home country there’s exceptions.

39E86FA4-3D1B-4F21-8A2A-06C3040197A8.jpeg

250 in Transylvania. Expectedly weak draw, but nice to see Erika Andreeva qualify again and I think she could win a few matches. Great to see Avanesyan in the draw, and Osorio for once held her lead as she just won.

5DEE71D3-915A-40C2-A109-3D279AD774CB.jpeg

How does Rybakina manage to get the hardest draw despite being the no1 seed
that is her luck atm

yeah, agreed Drummond. They should encourage players to play 250 events, especially home country ones. Atm, there are restrictions on how many you can play. Seems a bit heavy handed.

And it is Collins.

7-5. 6-0!!!!

Osaka needs some easier draws herself. play into form. Collins is a shocking draw

She needs to drop the ego and play some 250’s. Even in Australia why she played Adelaide when there were smaller events like Hobart where she could have got a few wins. Naomi just looks half fit and that’s at best. Plays well for 30 mins and she did but then physically is done.

Kalilina that was embarrassing
Samsonova got lucky drawing the two biggest muppets on tour back to back. Pathetic efforts from both. Samsonova on one of her hot weeks though? She’s crazy inconsistent.

Avanesyan has to retire last night with back issues, hopefully nothing serious.

Samsonova got lucky drawing the two biggest muppets on tour back to back. Pathetic efforts from both. Samsonova on one of her hot weeks though? She’s crazy inconsistent.

Avanesyan has to retire last night with back issues, hopefully nothing serious.

Was a back injury but she slipped in the first set maybe ankle too

Managed to watch Rybakina vs Samsonova today. Didn’t realise Rybakina had a 0-4 H2H record against her. It was such an up and down match; Samsonova’s first set was about as bad as you could see. Rybakina with 0 UE in the set but to be fair the points didn’t last long enough for her to even make an error. Then Samsonova comes out and wins 8 straight points to start the second. Was weird. Anyway I expect Rybakina to win the final pretty comfortably.

1000 tournament in Doha has just started, here’s the draw. No Sabalenka who is enjoying a nice long break after her AO win.

BE534924-29AD-4253-8C09-292D8D4CFB7B.jpeg

Rybakina finally started to really time the ball the last two matches.

Drummond if Iga can’t win with that cakewalk she never will. Coco/Rybakina and Zheng in one half lol

Meanwhile Iga gets Jabeur who will be lucky to win a game

Rybakina finally started to really time the ball the last two matches.

Drummond if Iga can’t win with that cakewalk she never will. Coco/Rybakina and Zheng in one half lol

Meanwhile Iga gets Jabeur who will be lucky to win a game
Erika Andreeva beat fellow Russian youngster Diana Shnaider, who has been in great form. What a big win! Plays Alexandrova next, tough but you never know.

Kudermetova lost again, her season has been a nightmare so far. Will watch the Abu Dhabi final when I get home tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back