2015 Ladder predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't really care how Carlton would fare over the next few years. I thought they'd be very poor but hardly know any Carlton supporters so I didnt think much of it.

However now I'm genuinely going to enjoy their struggle and seeing the realization of how poor they are by Gillo.

His rating of his players and the ratings of opposition players by him are so far off the mark. You would think that Carlton's list is a premiership list whereas the dogs future according to him would be a bottom 4 list for 5 years.

I would take the doggies list every single time over Carlton's. I also think 99% of opposition supporters would too.

If the players aren't showing signs of stardom like Macrae is then clubs would happily make the trade if it was possible.

I haven't even seen O'Rourke play for us, as for Hartung whilst the reports about him are all so promising and I'm very excited about him, if I had a choice I would choose Macrae over both.

I can accept that he is a better player than both and ATM seems like he will become a star. Whilst the others are promising, they haven't showed the same signs and may never do.

As an outsider there isnt one of your younger players who I would choose above Macrae. It's ridiculous that you are so obsessed with the idea of keeping young players just because they're young and you drafted them, that you would overlook a better option and potentially a star of the comp. Makes no sense.

It might not make sense to you but I'd rather give them a chance and have faith in coaches and development team & if you get it wrong it happens

Why did Lions not want to give up young player to Pies in exchange for Beams? Would say a lot about their culture and send bad messages to the playing group that everyone is tradable

It might not make sense to you but I'd rather give them a chance and have faith in coaches and development team & if you get it wrong it happens

Why did Lions not want to give up young player to Pies in exchange for Beams? Would say a lot about their culture and send bad messages to the playing group that everyone is tradable
They had 5 players under 25 leave the previous season.
Strange, no faith in either of them?
Considering the good wraps on them, sure they are unproven but supporters need to have faith
I have complete faith they'll be good players. Macrae's year as a 20 year old was as good as Joel Selwood's, if not better. It was also better than Heppell's, who won the best young player in the league that season. Macrae is one more good year away from being Elite. He's that good.
When does school go back???
My mum's a teacher and she hasn't even gone back to work yet :(.

So you would prefer someone who was pick 60 to a top 10 pick just because Carlton recruited him. :drunk:

Would take McRae over any 23 and under player on our list except for Gunston

So you would prefer someone who was pick 60 to a top 10 pick just because Carlton recruited him. :drunk:

Would take McRae over any 23 and under player on our list except for Gunston
Gunston is still only 23? Oh god...

Good for you, I think the kid is talented but not sure atm if would give up a player on Blues list to get him

So we're in agreement
Oh * me that is the the stupidest thing you've said in this thread. There's probably only a couple of players on my club's list I wouldn't give up to get McRae. Which means you'd give up anyone from Carlton's.

Heppell, Carlisle, Daniher.
Also better than any u25 from Carlton's list.

The telling sign Carlton are struggling is they've actually (somehow) managed to downgrade from Waite. By recruiting Jones:drunk:

Ok whatever
Mate if you make stupid comments, people will let you know.

I'm struggling to think of a carlton mid who'd be better than him. Probably just Gibbs.

And you wouldn't trade a youngster to get that talent in?

Especially when a lot of those youngsters are still unproven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MacRea only rated because had a 40+ possession game and since then done jack! Slacker running back
Sg56QoB.gif

Everytime you post...

They had 5 players under 25 leave the previous season.

I have complete faith they'll be good players. Macrae's year as a 20 year old was as good as Joel Selwood's, if not better. It was also better than Heppell's, who won the best young player in the league that season. Macrae is one more good year away from being Elite. He's that good.
It is all right. They have Graham, Cripps, DVR, Bell and Menz Jr. Coming through. No need for McRae hey?!?!:drunk:
My mum's a teacher and she hasn't even gone back to work yet :(.
So's my aunt. Came down to visit today. Getting paid and still get what 10-12 weeks break is it?

Mate if you make stupid comments, people will let you know.

I'm struggling to think of a carlton mid who'd be better than him. Probably just Gibbs.

And you wouldn't trade a youngster to get that talent in?

Especially when a lot of those youngsters are still unproven.

You can think all you like but for what? Trade will never happen

I'm not even thinking about it

I wouldn't trade Macrae for any individual player on Carlton's list. Not one.

You can think all you like but for what? Trade will never happen

I'm not even thinking about it
It probably would never happen. The dogs would be stupid to trade him to anyone, but it is used as a measurement to place value on players.

Like I'd trade player X for player Y. Meaning they're of equal value. McRae's value is higher than all of your u25 talent. End of.

If the players aren't showing signs of stardom like Macrae is then clubs would happily make the trade if it was possible.

I haven't even seen O'Rourke play for us, as for Hartung whilst the reports about him are all so promising and I'm very excited about him, if I had a choice I would choose Macrae over both.

I can accept that he is a better player than both and ATM seems like he will become a star. Whilst the others are promising, they haven't showed the same signs and may never do.

As an outsider there isnt one of your younger players who I would choose above Macrae. It's ridiculous that you are so obsessed with the idea of keeping young players just because they're young and you drafted them, that you would overlook a better option and potentially a star of the comp. Makes no sense.
This isn't a troll but it will be interesting to see how some of the fringe Hawks youngsters progress once Hodge/Mitchell/Sewell (just retired) etc etc. retire.

This has been an interesting transition observation at Geelong, so it will be nice to see how it pans out at Hawthorn. As for O'Rourke and Hartung whilst promising I'd trade both to get Macrae personally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back