Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I would.

I completely acknowledge how emotional and biased my decision is however.

This. All Dons supporters want this kid to make it in a big way because we’ve fallen in love with him and the story behind him. That block of games at the back end of last year got us all licking our lips.

99% of Essendon supporters would not want to trade Francis for Curnow, but as a neutral supporter you’d have to take Curnow over Francis every day of the week right now.

He does still have a way to go, but as long as he can keep his mental issues under control it now seems an issue of when he makes it, not if.

This. All Dons supporters want this kid to make it in a big way because we’ve fallen in love with him and the story behind him. That block of games at the back end of last year got us all licking our lips.

99% of Essendon supporters would not want to trade Francis for Curnow, but as a neutral supporter you’d have to take Curnow over Francis every day of the week right now.

He does still have a way to go, but as long as he can keep his mental issues under control it now seems an issue of when he makes it, not if.

99% of Essendon fans fail in logic then, makes me really question the intelligence of their supporter base.

It would be like me going to Richmond fans, I would never trade Kruezer for Cotchin.
Maybe even Weitering for Oliver... (Still a little early, but my god I would love Oliver in my side)

Surely an rational supporter can understand that a player on another team is allowed to be better than your current player?

99% of Essendon fans fail in logic then, makes me really question the intelligence of their supporter base.

It would be like me going to Richmond fans, I would never trade Kruezer for Cotchin.
Maybe even Weitering for Oliver... (Still a little early, but my god I would love Oliver in my side)

Surely an rational supporter can understand that a player on another team is allowed to be better than your current player?

If you're going to criticize others logic you should use some yourself. Kruezer and Cotchin is nothing alike as that race has already been decided, fail one. As for Weitering vs Oliver, why is that still a little early when they are from the same drafting? Willing to excuse the problems leading to Weitering stagnating while ignoring them for Francis. But yeah it's Essendon supporters whose intelligence should be questioned.

If you're going to criticize others logic you should use some yourself. Kruezer and Cotchin is nothing alike as that race has already been decided, fail one. As for Weitering vs Oliver, why is that still a little early when they are from the same drafting? Willing to excuse the problems leading to Weitering stagnating while ignoring them for Francis. But yeah it's Essendon supporters whose intelligence should be questioned.

Francis may catch him but why roll the dice?

Commons sense on what they have shown makes this a no brainer - let alone the other issues with Francis.

Pretty much the same as a Richmond supporter earlier in this thread saying he wouldn’t trade Rioli for Gresham. Most neutral supporters would do that in a heartbeat.

Would’ve you traded Kouta for Hird?

Because we’re not emotionless Robots
Dodo is making that trade as fast as any offer he has ever been given. He couldn’t care less about supporters tears if it improved essendons list.

If you can’t be ruthless as a club and block out emotions then enjoy collecting your participation awards.

Dodo is making that trade as fast as any offer he has ever been given. He couldn’t care less about supporters tears if it improved essendons list.

If you can’t be ruthless as a club and block out emotions then enjoy collecting your participation awards.

I didn’t say a thing about Dodo, I said 99% of supporters wouldn’t want it??

I’m not an idiot I understand it’s a business but I think you’re underestimating how much we love this kid.

I’ll jump in. In 2018 Curnow played as CHF in the worst team in the Comp and was quite often double teamed. Kicked 34 goals and at times dominated backmen. He has now played 47 games.
Francis has played a total of 10 games, 5 in 2018 where he played as a 3rd tall backman.
I’ll give you a more realistic comparison than kouta for hird...would you swap joe Daniher for Tom Williamson?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll jump in. In 2018 Curnow played as CHF in the worst team in the Comp and was quite often double teamed. Kicked 34 goals and at times dominated backmen. He has now played 47 games.
Francis has played a total of 10 games, 5 in 2018 where he played as a 3rd tall backman.
I’ll give you a more realistic comparison than kouta for hird...would you swap joe Daniher for Tom Williamson?

Wat?

The hypothetical is trading a lesser player who is a club favourite for a more highly rated player.

Wat?

The hypothetical is trading a lesser player who is a club favourite for a more highly rated player.

Exactly what I’ve just done. Williamson played 15 games in his first year (2017). Is brave, tough, and has a lethal left foot. Then was struck down the entire 2018 season with a back injury. Is a favourite of many Carlton fans.
You can’t see the similarities?

100% would do the deal, word on the Essendon board is that Joe is fully cooked

Exactly what I’ve just done. Williamson played 15 games in his first year (2017). Is brave, tough, and has a lethal left foot. Then was struck down the entire 2018 season with a back injury. Is a favourite of many Carlton fans.
You can’t see the similarities?

So you would trade Williamson for Daniher or you wouldn’t?

I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point i’m making is that we all have our club favourites, only Essendon fans would put Francis above Curnow. Which is laughable.

Yes.. that’s exactly what I said??

Read my post again... I agree Curnow is easily the better prospect right now. With everything Francis has been through with Essendon, I doubt anyone with a vested interest in the club would want him to leave, we’re all excited for what he could become.

Yes.. that’s exactly what I said??

Read my post again... I agree Curnow is easily the better prospect right now. With everything Francis has been through with Essendon, I doubt anyone with a vested interest in the club would want him to leave, we’re all excited for what he could become.

The posts from Essendon fans on the previous page rate Francis as a better player than Curnow.

You have just said Curnow is better FOR NOW. Does that mean you believe Francis could end up better than Curnow?

The posts from Essendon fans on the previous page rate Francis as a better player than Curnow.

You have just said Curnow is better FOR NOW. Does that mean you believe Francis could end up better than Curnow?

I’d say it’s a possibility. Our sample size of Francis’ AFL career is 10 games, from what we’ve seen so far the potential is massive.

I’d say it’s a possibility. Our sample size of Francis’ AFL career is 10 games, from what we’ve seen so far the potential is massive.

Only Essendon supporters..

Here's some more comparisons for you, which is a lot more the style of players we are talking about.

Would you have take Hurley over Buddy?
Would you take Vlaustin over Daniher?

This really is funny..

Only Essendon supporters..

Here's some more comparisons for you, which is a lot more the style of players we are talking about.

Would you have take Hurley over Buddy?
Would you take Vlaustin over Daniher?

This really is funny..

Geez you were really fishing for that one weren’t you?

I don’t really see how that is such an outlandish call? I said it’s a possibility. Is Charlie the 2nd coming of Wayne Carey??

Given Carlton’s track record of developing their young talent I wouldn’t go counting your chickens

Geez you were really fishing for that one weren’t you?

I don’t really see how that is such an outlandish call? I said it’s a possibility. Is Charlie the 2nd coming of Wayne Carey??

Given Carlton’s track record of developing their young talent I wouldn’t go counting your chickens

His 3rd year stats are really impressive. Ess rate Daniher highly but Charlie out performed him in his third year and in a worse team.

They should be excited.

His 3rd year stats are really impressive. Ess rate Daniher highly but Charlie out performed him in his third year and in a worse team.

They should be excited.

You guys enjoy twisting my words don’t you?

They have every right to be excited. My point is I got shot down for saying it was a possibility that Francis could overtake Charlie at some stage. I think it would be more outlandish for a Carlton supporter to say that there is absolutely no way that could happen. Francis’ sample size is so small we haven’t really been able to get a gauge on how good he can actually be, after all the kids been through the small flashes we’ve seen give us some reason to be optimistic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back