NFL 2016 NFL Playoffs - AFC Championship Game (Steelers @ Patriots)

Pick the winning margin...

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pittsburgh Steelers (3) @ New England Patriots (1) - Monday, January 23 @ 10:40am AEDT

winner makes a record 9th trip to the Super Bowl

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour Qld
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

ALL CREDIT GOES TO balmainforever

Last edited:

broncos-steelers-fans.0.0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On this game, I don't think we'll beat the Patriots. While we are probably the most capable of beating them from the other AFC play-off teams, don't think we'll stop them from making the Super Bowl. Our defence has improved now though, so we'll have to wait and see.

On this game, I don't think we'll beat the Patriots. While we are probably the most capable of beating them from the other AFC play-off teams, don't think we'll stop them from making the Super Bowl. Our defence has improved now though, so we'll have to wait and see.
This is the exact winning attitude that the Steelers will look to employ

This is the exact winning attitude that the Steelers will look to employ
Lol, I'd be concerned if the Steelers went on bigfooty to employ the attitude of a random guy all the way in Australia.

Do you see the Steelers beating the Patriots though? I'd love to be optimistic, but I'll be honest with myself and try not get too ahead of myself right now.

Patriots in Foxboro.
Patriots against Steelers.
Patriots in AFC Championship game in Foxboro.
Patriots against Steelers in Foxboro.
Patriots against Steelers in AFC Championship game.
Patriots against Steelers in AFC Championship game in Foxboro.

If history is anything to go by, this will be a blowout and it will be a blowout quickly. The Steelers do not beat Tom Brady. They just don't.

Lol, I'd be concerned if the Steelers went on bigfooty to employ the attitude of a random guy all the way in Australia.

Do you see the Steelers beating the Patriots though? I'd love to be optimistic, but I'll be honest with myself and try not get too ahead of myself right now.
Of course I can see them beating the Pats

Lsta062 Brady/Belichick Pats record in the playoffs against teams they played in the regular season is only slightly above .500. And a fair few of those wins came against crap teams (i.e. the Texans yesterday, the Broncos in 2011). The Steelers aren't a crap team. They also haven't played a tough, playoff like game in what? A month? Two months? You better believe that is important. The Steelers will be hardened and ready to go. If NE have another slow start then the Steelers will be up double digits in quick time.

All that said I AM tipping the Pats, it will be close. about 57-43 Pats (in terms of %) IMO at this point

Back