Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope this burns a fire for our guys too as with respect to the doggies they arent an outstanding side but they are tougher and work harder in game than we do.

I think Darce is happy right now.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chased the Doggies on the live bet everytime GWS got ahead - 4.50 at one point in the 3rd qrt.
Never lost faith in them!
Doggies can win it next week. AFL grand final survives what could have been a disaster.

Neither Grand Finalist had a week off once the finals begun.
They had one before the finals, though, which was enough. The pre-finals bye was a mistake. It took the advantage of rest that the QF winners received away and it put them at a further disadvantage by limiting their amount of real match experience to one game in almost a month. Basically, the perfect preparation for PFs was given to SF winners while those top 4 teams who won in the first week were placed at a disadvantage.

Not that I think that's why Geelong lost. Geelong were thoroughly outclassed. I think it had an effect here, however, and the fact that both QF winners lost in their PFs is telling.

That right there is why SJ was cut loose. Cost his side when it mattered most.
Did he even get suspended in a final at geelong? Or did Chris Scott have a fortune teller that told him he would be suspended for the 2016 prelim? Enright got suspended in a qf. Should we have cut him in 2013 for not being there when it mattered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back