Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't think English and Darcy can play in the same team?

After all GWS play Mumford and Lobb

Yeah maybe.
I see both as genuine tap ruckman. Darcy more bash and crash and English as the agile ruckman. You need one to be able to clunk marks IMO and that's what Lobb does.
Handy to have both when Sandilands and Griffen retire and Clarke is no longer with us.
I think Apeness and Strnadica are our second ruck hopefuls.
I'd rather downgrade to fill a real need.

English could be anything but I wouldn't be picking him as value between pick #5 and something like pick #8.

I would take the best WA player, who happens to be the best performing tall forward too now.. I'm joking around but I'm serious that I'd buy Naughton's contested marking with pick #5, if he absolutely won't be picked in the range to say pick #10 then the downgrade for extra top 30 picks is best value but I think if Aaron played in VIC he would be talked about like Weitering was.

Would people like the idea of doing a deal with the Bulldogs involving some kind of pick downgrade + Tim English for #5?
pick 5 for your first (10) and English? Sure. I think English is going to be quite versatile. The club clearly has other development talls in Apeness and Strnadica so it needs to be a good deal for us, which I think this is. Agree with Cobbler about Shai Bolton instead of English though.

Yeah maybe.
I see both as genuine tap ruckman. Darcy more bash and crash and English as the agile ruckman. You need one to be able to clunk marks IMO and that's what Lobb does.
Handy to have both when Sandilands and Griffen retire and Clarke is no longer with us.
I think Apeness and Strnadica are our second ruck hopefuls.
I'd rather downgrade to fill a real need.
Fair enough. I suppose we dont yet know how presence English to know how useful he will be when not rucking.
I _hope_ that Apeness come good too. But surely we have to be thinking it jyst might not work out fir him.

Fair enough. I suppose we dont yet know how presence English to know how useful he will be when not rucking.
I _hope_ that Apeness come good too. But surely we have to be thinking it jyst might not work out fir him.

To be fair Dogs obviously targeted English as a massive need. They won't let him go easily.

Got a funny feeling we'll get pick 6.

Just thing we may pinch a win in the final two, whereas Melbourne will comfortably douse the Pies next week.
Me too actually. Can't decide if it is Richmond or Essendon that will choke.

I think the pies would have beaten the Cats at full strength, but they are severely undermanned at this point in time.

Isn't pick #6 cursed? Friggin Pies should have beaten Geelong yesterday so then we could win one of our last two games and secure pick #5.

Why not a draw ? I enjoy a half choke .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we drop to pick 6, we can probably assume Brander goes to Collingwood.
Unless they trade pick 5, yes. They might do as well if they can secure mature KPP talent (Lever etc).

Fair to say they need KPD and KPF so either way the best KPP is going to them. In any event, we only want him if he is a genuine KPF which he may not be anyway.

Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder.
Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder. Best available midfielder.

It's going to be a hard pill to swallow but #5 now needs to be used on the best available mid. That's the price we pay for moving on Barlow + Deboer and killing our depth. No quality cover for injuries whatsoever.

Today was an eye opener on how bad our depth for it is. We can't risk banking on players to come back or to eventually be moved in there during their development. I want Bennell to stay primarily Half Forward for the rest of his career - I'm convinced his natural skill is the compensation that players like Taberner, Apeness(?) and McCarthy will need around them. I think he would be perfect to swap with Fyfe when he needs to be rested but only during those periods. With that move I think we should keep Walters in the midfield and rested in the forward line for brief lapses where he swaps with Langdon, so that's 2 sets of Mid / Forward Rotations.

With that out of the way - Blakely and Neale coming back in with the Hills and someone like Deluca / Tucker being interchange - it still won't be enough considering we're also losing Balic. If we can swap Balic for Mountford he would be perfect for more quality / upcoming depth that we could work around.

So a hypothetical suggestion would be:

Darcy / Sandi
Fyfe > Bennell (CHF)
Blakely > S.Hill (CHB)

Neale
Walters > Langdon (CHF)
B.Hill

IC Starter: #5, Tucker

Depth: Deluca, Mountford/Balic (?), Suban (Eh), Sheridan (Eh), ?? , ?? , ??

Even w/ 5 we're looking a bit stretched for the right and reliable players to run through the midfield especially if we need to cover for injuries. It's important to start creating selection pressure for this role BETWEEN PEOPLE WHO CAN ACTUALLY PLAY considering it can help improve the people in it - and we've been shite here.

We definitely need midfielders - ball winners and hard nuts. We have enough runners/ wingmen in the team. Pick 5 should be on best available and then draft midfielders with remaining picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our first pick absolutely must be a mid .we need a good engine room if we are to make it into the forward 50 wasting it on a key forward and relying on a midfield with no depth and quality ball use is not what we want. We want a quick,skillful nuggety type that can get the hard ball and burst through packs

It's going to be a hard pill to swallow but #5 now needs to be used on the best available mid. That's the price we pay for moving on Barlow + Deboer and killing our depth. No quality cover for injuries whatsoever.

Today was an eye opener on how bad our depth for it is. We can't risk banking on players to come back or to eventually be moved in there during their development. I want Bennell to stay primarily Half Forward for the rest of his career - I'm convinced his natural skill is the compensation that players like Taberner, Apeness(?) and McCarthy will need around them. I think he would be perfect to swap with Fyfe when he needs to be rested but only during those periods. With that move I think we should keep Walters in the midfield and rested in the forward line for brief lapses where he swaps with Langdon, so that's 2 sets of Mid / Forward Rotations.

With that out of the way - Blakely and Neale coming back in with the Hills and someone like Deluca / Tucker being interchange - it still won't be enough considering we're also losing Balic. If we can swap Balic for Mountford he would be perfect for more quality / upcoming depth that we could work around.

So a hypothetical suggestion would be:

Darcy / Sandi
Fyfe > Bennell (CHF)
Blakely > S.Hill (CHB)

Neale
Walters > Langdon (CHF)
B.Hill

IC Starter: #5, Tucker

Depth: Deluca, Mountford/Balic (?), Suban (Eh), Sheridan (Eh), ?? , ?? , ??

Even w/ 5 we're looking a bit stretched for the right and reliable players to run through the midfield especially if we need to cover for injuries. It's important to start creating selection pressure for this role BETWEEN PEOPLE WHO CAN ACTUALLY PLAY considering it can help improve the people in it - and we've been shite here.
So you've had enough of the old
OUT: Sheridan
IN: Sutty/ Suban/ D.Pearce

Ferriswheel? I feel ya brother!

Our first pick absolutely must be a mid .we need a good engine room if we are to make it into the forward 50 wasting it on a key forward and relying on a midfield with no depth and quality ball use is not what we want. We want a quick,skillful nuggety type that can get the hard ball and burst through packs

First 4 suggestions are quality inside mids with nothing really separating them.
Then comes Brander and a bunch of talls.
So we'd need someone to take a tall before us and then we'd be left with one of:
Rayner, Dow, Cerra or LDU.

Back