Recruiting 2017 Free Agency: Luring an A-Grade Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also there is Swans midfielder Josh Kennedy and Hawks premiership defender Grant Birchall.
do-not-want086.gif

You'd rather draft picks and to develop our own over Nat Fyfe? Please.

1 player doesnt give you a premiership squad, ask Carlton about Judd, Cats about dangerfield?

Fyfe is a fantastic player but he is going to cost 2 x First rounders at least, and added pressure to our salary cap that may mean we lose a...sorry to say this in case Mark G catches on but a Parish.

So yeah, please are you willing to get Fyfe for 2 x first rounders and a player of Parish's ilk?

I'd think it's unlikely the Dockers would struggle to match the money Fyfe would be offered, and he seems to be on a pretty good wicket over in WA.

Most likely would be Martin or Rockliff wanting to chase success, or possibly Kennedy wanting to come back to Melbourne. Otherwise we're looking at trading for players which i'm not sure we're really in a position to do yet - depends where we finish next year I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory I don't think Kennedy was all to pleased with the trade, and didn't wanted to be traded back to WA. I'm sure he is over it by now, can't see why he would leave his home state and come to Melbourne at his age.

From memory I don't think Kennedy was all to pleased with the trade, and didn't wanted to be traded back to WA. I'm sure he is over it by now, can't see why he would leave his home state and come to Melbourne at his age.
Think he meant Sydney Kennedy

1 player doesnt give you a premiership squad, ask Carlton about Judd, Cats about dangerfield?

Fyfe is a fantastic player but he is going to cost 2 x First rounders at least, and added pressure to our salary cap that may mean we lose a...sorry to say this in case Mark G catches on but a Parish.

So yeah, please are you willing to get Fyfe for 2 x first rounders and a player of Parish's ilk?

No it doesn't, but Fyfe helps.

And you can use that argument about anything - do Bulldogs win the flag without Boyd? He's one player and he may well have made the difference on the day.

If Fyfe returns in 2016 to his Brownlow-winning form, you move Heaven & Earth to get him.

Think he meant Sydney Kennedy

Eth is correct, I was referring to the Sydney version; doubt JJK moves from West Coast at this point given he's from over there and West Coast shouldn't be dropping off a cliff in the next couple of years.

JPK is also probably unlikely unless Sydney really can't pay a viable contract; I think Martin and Rockliff are the two most likely to move of the bigger name mids.

Expect the club to go hard at Martin - Very good player but needs to be reprogrammed to be an even better - Get the programming right and he could be elite.

Not sure you can get the programming right with Dusty. Not saying I would not have him but he will always be on the edge and close to the line.

Not sure you can get the programming right with Dusty. Not saying I would not have him but he will always be on the edge and close to the line.
Even if we got him to move in with NLM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back