List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Mitch Grigg was delisted by the crows last year.
Played for Norwood in the SANFL this year and won the Magarey medal (league B&F)
Still only 24 ok size 183 (6tf) about 89Kg midfielder

Not concerned about Motlop however getting very concerned the Suns can't even attract b grade players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He also knocked back this years runner up.
Hit the draft hard, bring in young talent and build a club where they don't want to leave.

Yep, to the draft guys and girls.

Build from the ground up. Yeah it sucks ALOT that we can't bring in established talent but get Dew to show the right way to play, hopefully push up the ladder to 12th or something. Our team on paper still looks solid enough for that.

Harbrow-May-Joyce
Kolo-Leslie-Scrimshaw
Bowes-Swallow-Hanley
Martin-Wright-Hall
Ainsworth-Lynch-Day

Witts-Lyons-Barlow

Inter:Rischitelli-Brodie-Miller-Fiorini
That isn't a horrible team, it isn't a finals team but that isn't an 18th placed team IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we just keep going to the draft we can kiss Lynch May and swallow goodbye
If we chase B-C graders like Miles, Motlop, Robinson, Grigg on 3 year deals we'll never improve.
4 top 10's last season, add another 4-5 quality kids and develop them. Add 1 local academy kid a year if possible will ensure the talent stays

If we chase B-C graders like Miles, Motlop, Robinson, Grigg on 3 year deals we'll never improve.
4 top 10's last season, add another 4-5 quality kids and develop them. Add 1 local academy kid a year if possible will ensure the talent stays
Ask Richmond how picking up B-C and d graders worked out for them

You said chasing B-C graders won't get us anywhere.
I was pointing out its exactly what Richmond did in last years trade period and look at them now
I think a few b graders in between our good players will build them up into A grade.

I think a few b graders in between our good players will build them up into A grade.
Yep it's exactly what we need. We have enough kids now we can't just keep loosing experience playing and talking those pick to the draft year after year

Yep it's exactly what we need. We have enough kids now we can't just keep loosing experience playing and talking those pick to the draft year after year
I have said that A graders at the tail end of their career are needed for the next 2 years in the midfield.
They will take the pressure off the kids developing.
We'll see which way Dew goes then

yea but - Motlop used the same excuse that most players use to leave our club " family". I think Port offered 650k over 4 years. He was very interested in the suns though.
he is perfect for Port and will probably be the difference for them if they have a tilt at the flag, he could be the X factor that wins them a flag on the day, with Rocky, Watts and him they should be odds on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back