List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

You must be incredibly disappointed in Evans for giving up pick 2 then for Weller when he could have walked away and had him in 12 months time plus pick 2 and two more first round draft picks.

Talk about throwing away a rolled Gold opportunity to have an abundance of elite young players.

This is what Happens when people fall in love, Evans stuffed things by falling in love with Weller and now we have a fan group that’s attached themselves to the Messiah Evans in a Scientology-David Miscavige manner.

Haha Bods, don't ever change mate

It’s been clear for years the plan is to have waeklings in our midfield so you are probably right.
That’s why the Suns are currently an irrelevance in the minds of the GC public.
Coming around to the pick 2 swap for Weller. Like Clayton said, Net in vs net out.

But like others said, not sure how this has much to do with Evans.

Coming around to the pick 2 swap for Weller. Like Clayton said, Net in vs net out.

But like others said, not sure how this has much to do with Evans.

Yeah I respect that view too. I just hope that in the minds of the Swallow family that Norf are the bad guys and not us in this family dream not happening.
I’d imagine they are pretty bitter tonight that it didn’t eventuate.

Yeah I respect that view too. I just hope that in the minds of the Swallow family that Norf are the bad guys and not us in this family dream not happening.
I’d imagine they are pretty bitter tonight that it didn’t eventuate.
There is still a possibility he gets to us through the rookie draft.
Delisting = still having to pay his final year out
Retiring = not having to pay his final year out.

There is still a possibility he gets to us through the rookie draft.
Delisting = still having to pay his final year out
Retiring = not having to pay his final year out.

I gotta log off because I’m trying to watch a movie and im constantly hitting pause to respond in here.

But before I go
One question: doesn’t the Mal Michael rule stop him from doing that???

I had a look at the stats for this season on midfielders only vs Andrew and he had the second most clearances on average (5 - Jarryd Lyons was first with 5.8) and more tackles on average than any player still on our list from this season (6.6 - Dave was second with 5.1 and then the fall away is dramatic). Two things that we sorely need.
Not bad for a busted up player.

I had a look at the stats for this season on midfielders only vs Andrew and he had the second most clearances on average (5 - Jarryd Lyons was first with 5.8) and more tackles on average than any player still on our list from this season (6.6 - Dave was second with 5.1 and then the fall away is dramatic). Two things that we sorely need.
Think you are forgetting all the traveling we have to do in the 2018 season.
Andrew would of been lucky to play a hand full of games with all the back to back away games and no access to our elite training facility to help his aging body recover

Would he be playing mid for us though?

Lyons and Dave can play forward. And can hit targets inside 50 extremely well. And has a decent turn of pace.

Didn't A. Swallow turn the ball over a heap? I remember his inside 50s and disposal by foot were shocking whenever I watched North play. Direct turnovers. We get plenty of that in our other mids.

I'm not saying he would not have provided value. He's a good defensive player with a year left. But I think some of the chatter on here is making Swallow seem a lot better than what he was. Given his disposal problems and complete inability to play anywhere else outside of inside mid (where we'll have Lyons, Brodie, D. Swallow, etc.) playing is probably what put the line through him.

Lyons and Dave can play forward. And can hit targets inside 50 extremely well. And has a decent turn of pace.

Didn't A. Swallow turn the ball over a heap? I remember his inside 50s and disposal by foot were shocking whenever I watched North play. Direct turnovers. We get plenty of that in our other mids.

I'm not saying he would not have provided value. He's a good defensive player with a year left. But I think some of the chatter on here is making Swallow seem a lot better than what he was. Given his disposal problems and complete inability to play anywhere else outside of inside mid (where we'll have Lyons, Brodie, D. Swallow, etc.) playing is probably what put the line through him.

I'm glad you asked :)

Clangers

Andrew Swallow 2.9
Alex Sexton 2.8
Will Brodie 3.7
Brayden Fiorini 1.9
Aaron Hall 3
Jesse Lonergan 2.1
Jarryd Lyons 3.1
Michael Rischatelli 2.5
Matt Rosa 2
Brad Scheer 0.2
Joshua Schoenfeld 0.5
David Swallow 3.2

Although no stats of where those clangers occurred.

Also, Why isn't Fiorini getting more games, stats are solid across most of the board for a young player.

They tried him outside, Andrew is a inside mid and nothing else.
Hes the guy that tackles all day in the clinches and handballs out.
North have so many inside mids they didnt really need Swallow anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if D Swallow is happy with the Suns right now.

That’s already been asked internally on this board by me so you can go back to The Handbaggers Franchise Board now, you haven’t added anything of use just like your city that has survived on both direct and indirect government handouts to third and fourth generation unemployed and through government subsidised sunset industries.

Finally you really should look at doing a better job of taking care of the families of your club champions and the sister of a pair of brothers that broke a long drought without premierships down there.
Thumbs down to your club, city and fans for not successfully intervening.

Last time they played
Plastics 124 Handbaggers 99.
We are Gold Coast

That’s already been asked internally on this board by me so you can go back to The Handbaggers Franchise Board now, you haven’t added anything of use just like your city that has survived on both direct and indirect government handouts to third and fourth generation unemployed and through government subsidised sunset industries.

Finally you really should look at doing a better job of taking care of the families of your club champions and the sister of a pair of brothers that broke a long drought without premierships down there.
Thumbs down to your club, city and fans for not successfully intervening.

Last time they played
Plastics 124 Handbaggers 99.
We are Gold Coast
Not even going to read ^
No intentions of arguing or stirring up trouble. Was a legit enquiry.

Not even going to read ^
No intentions of arguing or stirring up trouble. Was a legit enquiry.

Could have sworn you had Gold Coast as your team a few weeks ago...

Going to trust the player and list evaluation team at the Suns on a call like this.
Might have come down to Rischa versus A.Swallow for a list spot.
Might also have a few youngsters in the academy they are looking to add to the rookie list.

But the bottom line: if Dew wanted Swallow he would have ended up on our list.

Going to trust the player and list evaluation team at the Suns on a call like this.
Might have come down to Rischa versus A.Swallow for a list spot.
Might also have a few youngsters in the academy they are looking to add to the rookie list.

But the bottom line: if Dew wanted Swallow he would have ended up on our list.

Yeah that’s cool i obviously disagree but I’m not losing sleep over this one

I did when I signed up I lived on the GC and thought I'd adopt the suns but my heart wasn't in it

You gave it 4 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back