List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance the Suns go after Stringer? Apparently there's a chance the Dogs will trade him this off season.
We definitely need a strong 3rd tall forward - certainly worth a look......

Hartung or OBrien - Hawks may look to trade both?

Surely McVeigh is a no brainer for us?
If Hawks are to go forward they will keeping both OBrien and Hartung. They'll be trading their old wood (Smith, Bruest etc).
McVeigh / Swallow acceptable on one year deals if interested in coaching or development roles after that.
A lot depends on the new coaches view - he may go total rebuild from scratch with kids?

If Hawks are to go forward they will keeping both OBrien and Hartung. They'll be trading their old wood (Smith, Bruest etc).
McVeigh / Swallow acceptable on one year deals if interested in coaching or development roles after that.
A lot depends on the new coaches view - he may go total rebuild from scratch with kids?

I'd give Swallow the 2 years IMO.
McVeigh on 1 year with a coaching future.

No more 3-year deals for blokes approaching/over 30 from now on though.

One guy we don't need
You may know more than me about him - what are his reported problems.
Would a change of scenery on good cash solve them ...?
I know he's a bit hot and cold - but he draws a good player each week and is capable of both kicking goals or moving up field and impacting.
Definitely preferable to Motlop or B Ah Chee up forward as a contested player.

I'd give Swallow the 2 years IMO.
McVeigh on 1 year with a coaching future.

No more 3-year deals for blokes approaching/over 30 from now on though.
I would flip that I think McVeigh is sharper and got more footy left in him, think 1 year will see Andrew out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may know more than me about him - what are his reported problems.
Would a change of scenery on good cash solve them ...?
I know he's a bit hot and cold - but he draws a good player each week and is capable of both kicking goals or moving up field and impacting.
Definitely preferable to Motlop or B Ah Chee up forward as a contested player.

Him and his misses just broke up, got into a bit of mischief when they were together.
I think he's a super selfish player, can do some really nice things but then stuffs it up with his me me me style play. I'd rather Motlop to be honest

Him and his misses just broke up, got into a bit of mischief when they were together.
I think he's a super selfish player, can do some really nice things but then stuffs it up with his me me me style play. I'd rather Motlop to be honest
He may like to get out of Melbourne then ?
Suns recruiters might prefer Motlop - after all he is a totally outside indigenous X factor player.
But I'd take Stringer every day - at least he crashes and bashes - and has X factor !
Agree both are somewhat selfish..

He may like to get out of Melbourne then ?
Suns recruiters might prefer Motlop - after all he is a totally outside indigenous X factor player.
But I'd take Stringer every day - at least he crashes and bashes - and has X factor !
Agree both are somewhat selfish..
Motlop can play in the middle.. stringer can't.

Stringer not leaving Victoria he's got 2 kids under 3 so just don't see that happening.
Motlops the better of the 2 anyway can kick goals and play in the midfield he's would star every week under the leadership of his best mate Steven May.

Andrew Swallow is done he's cooked the games to fast for him now and he's to old.

Jarrad McVeigh 1 year + coaching contract only if Stuart Dew get the head coaching job

For the first part of the season Motlop was playing as a high pressure small half forward/forward and was rated elite by champion data for his position but then was moved into the midfield/wing for the next 8ish weeks and rated as below average for him a position and then was dropped. Defiantly plays his best football as a small forward and not in the midfield

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stringer not leaving Victoria he's got 2 kids under 3 so just don't see that happening.
Motlops the better of the 2 anyway can kick goals and play in the midfield he's would star every week under the leadership of his best mate Steven May.

Andrew Swallow is done he's cooked the games to fast for him now and he's to old.

Jarrad McVeigh 1 year + coaching contract only if Stuart Dew get the head coaching job
Fair view on Stringers circumstances.
Disagree re Motlop - We already have Hall , Hanley, Sexton, Fiorini to play outside mid. We are in need of a strong marking third forward . Stringer beats Motlop hands down in that regard.
Already suggested 1 year terms for Swallow / McVeigh provided they sign for coaching or development positions thereafter.

IMO Stringer has been on downward trajectory and if Bulldogs are prepared to trade him then they do so knowing a lot more about him than we do about what's going wrong and would want a king's ransom so buyer beware.

Motlop is not rated by Cats to even be offered a deal and he's a poor man Aaron Hall - can only afford 1 downhill skiier in a team

McVeigh would probably go to GWS with his brother if the Swans don't offer him anything

Hartung has been poor on a good team - he won't get any better on a poor team

Swallow would be worth a punt

I'll die on the hill that Brendon Ah Chee can be a player and won't cost a fortune either to get him

By the way - McVeigh (32) is older than swallow(30) ...maybe both are cooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back