Official Club Stuff 2017 Geelong guernseys and apparel - Cotton On new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Hm, the new matchwear isn't too popular! I wonder if the club has cottoned on yet.

If they are going to have a long-sleeve preseason jumper (which I don't mind) at least put in a bit more effort with it and make it something people would be willing to wear. Taking the jumper they presented today I came up with this.

View attachment 296269
I would love to see my mrs wear that, just so I can tell her "I still can't find the G spot"...... And a red card in 3....2....

When they said rugby top, I was hoping for an old style long-sleeved cotton rugby jersey like the ones I used to play rugby in (way back in the day) but with the classic Geelong hoops. The sort of rugby jersey you could wear out and about when its cold (like KP on a winter Saturday afternoon).
I reckon they'd sell lots of those!
Canterbury used to do those in the 90s.. I had one as a kid! The stripes were on the thicker side but it was still good.

Can i ask why this response? One of if not the biggest local employer left and a terrific local success story.
Going back circa 2010 when I used to get clothes there they all were crap and il fitted. You get what you pay for and they are cheap and nasty. Guernseys look much the same. That's a personal opinion and in 16' may well have improved.

Going back circa 2010 when I used to get clothes there they all were crap and il fitted. You get what you pay for and they are cheap and nasty. Guernseys look much the same. That's a personal opinion and in 16' may well have improved.
I hope there a bit now and the quality has picked up massively and are one of the better fitting shopsgoing around, although I hope from being a small/medium everywhere else to an extra small there. I imagine the jumper itself will see some teething problems in the first year or two but the off field gear is their bread and butter so I'll expect good comfortable clothing in that area.

I said it before I'll say it again. I like the rugby top and will buy one. Who's with me?.....................................................................

tumbleweed.jpg

I wonder if there is a short sleeve version to be made in case a Essendon V Geelong in 40 degrees happens again.

Don't think I would pay full price, but if I saw the sleeves in a discount bin I will be there;)

ISC is the best in the comp mate.
Wasn't a fan of the cut of the jumpers or members gear, stitching was a bit off and took a few years before it came good. They reuse their templates for every ISC club and the top of our 2014 (?) jumper that had the stupid angle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is a real positive to have a partnership between a great local success story and the footy club (with the assumption they are capable of providing the necessary quality, technology, innovation)

Good for each other, and may they both benefit from the partnership.

This does feel a little like when we got involved with ISC, who up to that time had a low profile, and had never been involved in AFL footy (strangely in their case they never broadened their brand into a broader active wear range, merely being a producer of team related apparel - as opposed to a sports brand like Puma who both sell team branded product and broaden their brand appeal by sponsoring AFL teams).

I think the COAR: logo is somewhat ordinary, and lets them down at this stage of their ambitions.
By association I think its presence on the GFC guernsey (and other items) looks less impressive than it should.

In regards to the guernsey design itself, I see some good aspects and some not so good.
I agree with others that the design is somewhat similar to what we had with ISC circa 2010/11.
I think the COAR design even with its faults is an an improvement on the 2016 ISC, as the template creating the cropping of the hoop at collar level never looked good and didn't suit our unique hoop design.

It looks like the bottom of the guernsey is "straighter" or less of a curved hem than what has been the case in recent times, and I think that could be good, actually suits the horizontal nature of our hoops.

I think the collar construction looks a tad iffy, the cut/sewing seems to not allow the "V" to sit flat, and the white stitching surround looks ordinary and overstated.
The inset panel at the side is interesting and I assume assists a more contoured fit.
Not sure if the hoops are a tad thinner than recent times, but in any case I wish they would get a little thicker (more like our circa 2007 guernsey, or even thicker)
That said, some of these characteristics may still be settling down, and it's possible what we are seeing the players model are sample, proto models.
Wait and see the real thing.

Differing to some, I quite like the "plain" look of the shorts (the simplicity of the white, absence of striping etc).

I actually prefer the "looser" look of the shorts, I hate when they get too tight looking, makes AFL uniforms look pretty weird compared to other codes.

A query on the socks (and might also be a sample kind of thing). it would seem that there are only two blue hoops on them which doesn't seem, or look right.

Went into the Cats shop today to try sort out some xmas shopping

My advice, take a personal loan... ridiculously expensive, 70 dollars for a pair of training shorts it absolute bloody robbery.
Walked out as quick as I went in and won't bother wasting my time again..

And then get sent this tonight which only further makes me unhappy

20161215_192654.png

Went into the Cats shop today to try sort out some xmas shopping

My advice, take a personal loan... ridiculously expensive, 70 dollars for a pair of training shorts it absolute bloody robbery.
Walked out as quick as I went in and won't bother wasting my time again..

And then get sent this tonight which only further makes me unhappy

View attachment 319789
Heard from a source this stuff was designed by people who have no experience designing sports gear.

Highway robbery.

Heard from a source this stuff was designed by people who have no experience designing sports gear.

Highway robbery.
Couple that with the fact cotton on clothing is s**t quality.. very disappointing

Highway robbery.
I'm all for them getting into it, and they will improve no doubt..
But to sell it so much about Geelong company, Geelong partnership etc etc... then to rob Geelong fans blind is disappointing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back