NFL 2017 NFL - Week 16

Remove this Banner Ad

If only GMs did crazy things like I suggested last season.....when I said to trade Carr to the Browns for a boatload of picks while his value was high. We might've drafted Myles Garrett to bookend Mack and taken Patrick Mahomes too and had a learning curve year this year, but we'd also have saved a ton of money on a QB whose career POSSIBLY hit the ceiling last season and is now trending downward.

RM should've sent that huge new contract money to Mack first. And let Derek Carr prove it another year first. That would've saved RM a bit of money if Carr still performed as badly, or made Carr play pro-bowl level again this year, motivated. But Mack is THE undisputed star on this team, he never under-performs.
Would Oakland trade Carr for the Browns #1 pick? Would Cleveland take him and that contract for the #1?

Would Oakland trade Carr for the Browns #1 pick? Would Cleveland take him and that contract for the #1?

Why don't they offer you guys #1 for Foles?

He is pretty good according to some on here and a bonafide starter who is better than a bloke called Dak Prescott that went 23/4 TD to INT ratio with a season QB rating of 104.9 and led his team to a division title in his rookie season.

I am sure if a current day Dak was in this years draft to be taken he would be the first QB taken off the board and if Foles is better it is a no brainer for the Browns.

:thumbsu::fire:

#STOsaysso

Snap their arm off to take him just for No 1 pick. The bigger problem for Carr is the Raiders. He’ll bounce back...just it’s hard to bounce on quicksand (aka Haslam/Browns)

He is pretty good according to some on here and a bonafide starter who is better than a bloke called Dak Prescott that went 23/4 TD to INT ratio with a season QB rating of 104.9 and led his team to a division title in his rookie season.

I am sure if a current day Dak was in this years draft to be taken he would be the first QB taken off the board and if Foles is better it is a no brainer for the Browns.

I think that would be the snapping point for Browns fans, they’d burn down the stadium.

I think that would be the snapping point for Browns fans, they’d burn down the stadium.

Well then clearly they need to sit down with our own bum fluff expert in STO cause some people in high places are not getting his mail and he knows everything!

Well then clearly they need to sit down with our own bum fluff expert in STO cause some people in high places are not getting his mail and he knows everything!

Are you two related?

It’s bad luck for the Eagles, No 1 seed and your hot QB is injured. If week 15 Foles turns up they may have a chance, but can’t see him doing it consecutive weeks.

The winners of week 1 will be hoping for Eagles match up week 2.

I believe that was an NBC or NFL Network game, not ESPN, but yes he was impressive.

Though NFL Network needs him as an analyst given their current staff being suspended.

It was their Thursday Night game (rescheduled to Xmas day) which is NBC/NFL Network. The other NBC game is Sunday Night. CBS and Fox broadcast the 1.00pm, 4.05pm and 4.25pm games.

It is interesting all the broadcasting channels (NBC, CBS, Fox) will cross promote another channels game. Can you ever imagine that here? Ah no.

#STOsaysso
Foles is on a similar level to Prescott and may be better than him - remember Foles had a 27-2 season.

But we both know both are only bottom 5-10 starters in NFL and will never be any higher

I was suggesting this during last season, when the Browns took Garrett 1 and had a shot at Mahomes/Watson in the teens.

But crazy ideas like that arent made by professional GMs :(

#STOsaysso
27 and 2 is certainly better than 23 and 4

1 good season doesnt mean Dak isnt trash (he is trash)

And you are kidding yourself to think Dak would be taken over all of the 2018 QB class. He’d be 4th or 5th at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browns would be stupid to trade pick 1 for Carr... they’ll have their choice of 4 or 5 QBs... at least 1 of them will be better than Carr.

26047448_10214592694073087_9093674135072218494_n.jpg

Surprised Warner worked Xmas considering how religious he is. Thought he was ok but Romo gives you more, and rarely gives play predictions anymore.
They dont really get a choice not to work just because its Xmas

How do you know?
Because when the schedule comes out the NFL Network would of told Warner they are having him call some games for them. including the Xmas game.

Im sure if he said no he wouldnt of done the Lions/Bears game lastweek.

Look at all the commentators and production crew that have dont NBA games for years. Last year would of been the only Xmas Mike Turico had off in a long time because he left ESPN and wasnt calling NFL or NBA games. but was back at work this week.

Commentators know they miss some major holidays because of the job, same with the reporters who cover the game. If you say no, you wont last long in the industry.

Oakland first team in 16 years to, in a single game, start 6 drives from their 40 yard line or better and. Fail. To. Score. A. Single. Point.
On any of the 6 drives.
Nada.
Nil.
Bumpkus.

Meantime Foles passed for like 11 yards in the second half.
Without the Christmas gifts of turnovers nobody would have scored...

#STOsaysso

Could you construct even remotely competent arguments? Like, why make it so easy on me you boob?

I see your 'Dak went 23/4 and won a division title' and raise you 27/2 and a division title.

Also hat tip to Quesenberry of the Texans for beating cancer and then getting back out there for his first snap in three plus years...

Gutsy, inspiring effort.

Oakland first team in 16 years to, in a single game, start 6 drives from their 40 yard line or better and. Fail. To. Score. A. Single. Point.
On any of the 6 drives.
Nada.
Nil.
Bumpkus.

Meantime Foles passed for like 11 yards in the second half.
Without the Christmas gifts of turnovers nobody would have scored...

Not as good as the stat Scott Hanson was going on about yesterday.
Seattle are the first team in NFL history to win a game where they had more penalty yds than total offence yds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back