2017 pre-season discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid this morning

C2AiDBBUoAY3QRb.jpg:large

Those cones in the background are standing there alone too

Those cones in the background are standing there alone too
Without Tom Derickx we don't have many candidates to give company to witches hats. Maybe Sinclair

I want to give a shoutout to the extremely underappreciated Jeremy Laidler. After injuries and limited opportunity at 2 other clubs, he moved here and has since gone on to play a whopping 58 games in 3 seasons, almost 20 a year. Fantastic consistency and a solid contributor down back, plus his disposal puts a lot of our stars to shame. That tally of 58 games in 3 years is more than players like Sam Reid, Kurt Tippett and Gary Rohan.

Well done Jeremy, and at only 27 hopefully there is more to come!

He has certainly gotten the most out of his ability...ideally he's the sort of guy that will be borderline best 22 because it means there are others that are improving around him.

Hopefully you were recommending duds to them
Haha I want to get into the industry, so sadly not!
However, I think the men's team did enough damage themselves :p

I actually helped scout for the Magpies women's team, so not a hard question for me haha

Why would you do a dreadful thing like that? Help Maggots? My goodness you really need to go to the Swans re-education camps and learn the first commandment. 'Thou Shalt NOT Help Magpies'

Why would you do a dreadful thing like that? Help Maggots? My goodness you really need to go to the Swans re-education camps and learn the first commandment. 'Thou Shalt NOT Help Magpies'
I think that rule only applied to the male of the scum species. In the past the gents of South were always willing to help out with the Magpie sheilas (especially when the old slappers had their teeth in)

Isn't best 22 imo

The odd mark here and there but his kicking and slack of leg speed let's him down
Good depth player

Yep, cant question his endeavour at all. But limited player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, cant question his endeavour at all. But limited player

He reminds me of a previous era Grundy very closely. Good mark, reads it well but you then s**t yourself when he's chasing or evading. Grundy turned that around to being ridiculously unlucky not to be AA last year. Hopefully the same thing happens with Laidler.

Isn't best 22 imo

The odd mark here and there but his kicking and slack of leg speed let's him down
Good depth player

An integral member of what was rated the league's best defense last year. He's not flashy, nor fast but his intercept marking has become elite. Seems to get the job done whenever he's asked. While it's always hard to fit him in the team on paper; I'm betting he'll be there on the day often enough next year too.

An integral member of what was rated the league's best defense last year. He's not flashy, nor fast but his intercept marking has become elite. Seems to get the job done whenever he's asked. While it's always hard to fit him in the team on paper; I'm betting he'll be there on the day often enough next year too.

So integral he was dropped

Was he dropped or did he get an injury and couldn't force his way back due to the performance of Aliir ?

He got dropped then he got an injury in reserves then couldn't force his way back due to the performance of Aliir.

In this post I want to address a little effort that if the kid develops on this effort he will play a lot of NEAFL this season. If he continues to develop he will be a very good draft prospect.

The kid I'm talking about is James Bell. He played a very composed game in the preliminary final against Aspley. The thing is it was his first game and he was only 16 at the time. He turned 17 in October. I believe there is plenty of upside to this kid and he played some footy as an underager. This season he will be part of the development squad and doing his HSC no doubt.

I can't wait to see this kid play again. In fact the two underage players we played in that preliminary final, Bell and Osborne, were both good. Lots of good young players to look forward to following this season leading up to the 2017 draft. We really are looking good with depth and talent.

In this post I want to address a little effort that if the kid develops on this effort he will play a lot of NEAFL this season. If he continues to develop he will be a very good draft prospect.

The kid I'm talking about is James Bell. He played a very composed game in the preliminary final against Aspley. The thing is it was his first game and he was only 16 at the time. He turned 17 in October. I believe there is plenty of upside to this kid and he played some footy as an underager. This season he will be part of the development squad and doing his HSC no doubt.

I can't wait to see this kid play again. In fact the two underage players we played in that preliminary final, Bell and Osborne, were both good. Lots of good young players to look forward to following this season leading up to the 2017 draft. We really are looking good with depth and talent.
Being a fantasy football fan I'm loving your insights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back