2017 pre-season discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire strikes me as the kind of bloke that's going to coach us for the next 20years

Actually sounds pretty good to me

I'd be genuinely content with that if he keeps going at the rate he's going. A lot of talk about whether he can pull it together in a pressure contest against an equally-quality side, but all he's done is kept us at the top year after year, which only increases our chances of winning a flag. We'd have to snag one eventually, right? (I hope :huh:)

This is the longest weekend of my life, I swear. It's not like anyone is using the oval. Just line up the teams and blow the bloody whistle already. Give us a solid 24 hours of non-stop Swans footy streamed in 4k, and free, with no commentating, just pure unadulterated footy. Yes, I know the players will get tired so allow unlimited rotations and teams of 40-odd each. Even better, have the Swans coaches commentating on who's doing well, who's fu*&king up and behind the scenes interviews from the players as they rotate. Give us direct lines to Horse and to the runners so we can get into the ear of players. We could even wire 'em up on the ground so we can get into the ears of players and bitch at them directly. "Mark the f*&ing thing". Let's have player cams, goal cams, crowd cams, umpire cams (to see if the bastards are actually looking), then lets make all these cams selectable from the comfort of the remote control. A huge stock of beer, a couple of busty serving wenches (or blokes in mankinis if that's your thing), a big piss bucket twice the size of hospital ones, a massive leather armchair with an in-built beer cooler and a Swedish masseuse to stop the shoulders getting sore from lifting so many beers. Direct lines with open mikes to other fans, a continuous supply of hot pizza or whatever else delivered by drones that land the food on the coffee table next to the arm-chair. Oh, and the missus calling up before the game to say she and the kids are stopping the night with some friends and saying she has nothing she needs you to do for the next 24 hours except keep an eye on her gorgeous nymphomaniac friend who's lying on the sofa waiting to cheer you up on the unlikely chance that we lose and anyone actually gives a sh&t about a preseason game.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2017-02-16/coach-kirk-to-take-charge
Kirk to coach the first pre-season game.
Longmire to get the sack at the end of the year after a strong showing from Kirky.
Longmire will move on about as quickly as Sheedy did from Essendon. To me it only becomes an issue if Kirky threatens to walk to another club. Although Longmire has been at the Swans for a long time, counting his assistant coaching. But I think he's still doing well.

We must keep Kirk at the Swans.

This weekend the Giants will play in better pre-season weather at Narrandera than the Swans at Coffs Harbour, there's a turn up for the books.

This is the longest weekend of my life, I swear. It's not like anyone is using the oval. Just line up the teams and blow the bloody whistle already. Give us a solid 24 hours of non-stop Swans footy streamed in 4k, and free, with no commentating, just pure unadulterated footy. Yes, I know the players will get tired so allow unlimited rotations and teams of 40-odd each. Even better, have the Swans coaches commentating on who's doing well, who's fu*&king up and behind the scenes interviews from the players as they rotate. Give us direct lines to Horse and to the runners so we can get into the ear of players. We could even wire 'em up on the ground so we can get into the ears of players and bitch at them directly. "Mark the f*&ing thing". Let's have player cams, goal cams, crowd cams, umpire cams (to see if the bastards are actually looking), then lets make all these cams selectable from the comfort of the remote control. A huge stock of beer, a couple of busty serving wenches (or blokes in mankinis if that's your thing), a big piss bucket twice the size of hospital ones, a massive leather armchair with an in-built beer cooler and a Swedish masseuse to stop the shoulders getting sore from lifting so many beers. Direct lines with open mikes to other fans, a continuous supply of hot pizza or whatever else delivered by drones that land the food on the coffee table next to the arm-chair. Oh, and the missus calling up before the game to say she and the kids are stopping the night with some friends and saying she has nothing she needs you to do for the next 24 hours except keep an eye on her gorgeous nymphomaniac friend who's lying on the sofa waiting to cheer you up on the unlikely chance that we lose and anyone actually gives a sh&t about a preseason game.

I'd settle for more than one tweet a quarter from the Swans media crew during Sunday's game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan and AJ added to the Long Term Injury list. Can only assume taking that course of action means we may be looking at elevating a rookie or two.

Team is starting to look thin for the early rounds, will have new faces and will have 2016 fringe players starting.

Possibly not so much as looking at elevating but moreso indicating to the rookies that there are spots up for grabs if they perform. Gives them some extra motivation to push themselves.

Rohan and AJ added to the Long Term Injury list. Can only assume taking that course of action means we may be looking at elevating a rookie or two.

Team is starting to look thin for the early rounds, will have new faces and will have 2016 fringe players starting.
You need to subscribe to chumpys blog. He breaks all the news!!!

Fair bit of wishful thinking here I think. Their weakness in 2016 was tall forwards - then Boyd tore us to shreds, Travis Cloke signed and is looking solid, and drug cheat Crameri returns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back